Is it just me, or is VGC getting slower by the minute?

Posted by Linkman

DDoS attack?

Whatever it is, it's annoying. Pages can take almost a minute to completely load. It's sad that even the most mediocre of hackers can take their tole when they become enraged from being banned.

Posted by Stalolin

WHY YES YES IT IS

And quite frankly it's irritating.

I want to waste my time on this website and for me to do that it has to be up!

Posted by Jesse Smith

grrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! Some times, even right after resterting da server...it can continue, while other times that stops it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's only really annoying because I get pop-ups telling me I have emails from this place for, like, three minutes straight after VGC speeds up again

Posted by cool gamer dad

A combination of connection problems on my end and loading problems on VGC's end is not making me a happy kitty.

Posted by Lord of Spam

IT only really slows down when I have WoW running as well.

Now what am I supposed to do in flightpaths:(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Very slow. lol hai mixman

Posted by Xero

Yeah I noticed how slow the pages are loading these days. It's rather annoying. :mad:

Posted by Omni

I don't know if it's a DDOS, since it's not as slow as it usually would be. Not to mention that he's done a few that completely took down this and Wireforums recently, so I doubt he'd waste his time doing these wimpy ones.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

its not slow for me.... mabey im just used to sucky computers and internetz

Edit: oh nvm it kicked in right after i posted

Posted by Jesse Smith

One of these days I might upgrade to a better server, or try doing a server restore first, aka, making the server like brand new, which on the downside, deletes all the sites and you have to re-upload everything, but on the good side, it upgrades everything that should of been upgraded. Last time I did it, er was required to do it, it upgraded a LOT of stuff, and it's been a LONG time since I've had to do that, I think atleast two years. aka, the server software versions are quite old!!!

er, how many computer/security upgrades have you done over da last two years!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Linkman

Should be fine as long as you know how to back up MySQL.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith: One of these days...bla bla bla

I stopped reading after those words.

Posted by Ant

seems to be working fine now.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: Should be fine as long as you know how to back up MySQL.

Bah!!!! I've been doing that ever since da first hack many moons ago!!!!!

Quoting Chris: I stopped reading after those words.

er...you all know I'm very fast at doing stuff!!!!!!! As soon as that thread was made, I think I changed da signature image size to 350K!!! er.... :D:D:D:D

Quoting Ant: seems to be working fine now.

Don't get you're hopes up!!!! It'll be slow as a slug again!!! Probably today some time!!!!

Posted by Iris

I have noticed a few days ago it was very slow. Works fine at the moment though.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Mixy is not to blame for this recent attack, he hasn't even been online in what seems..ages.

Posted by Crazy K

I also noticed that it was going slow, but recently it's back to normal.

Posted by Linkman

It's a little better now. Images still take way longer than they should to load, but that's nothing new. That's basically the main reason I hate [sigpic] so much.

Posted by The Judge

Here here.

slooooooooooooooooooow

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I think we can safely assume that whoever is DDOS'ing VGC is an American who gets up late in the day.

THAT SURE NARROWS IT DOWN

Posted by cool gamer dad

totally. It's fine in the morning hours. :3

Posted by maian

its me guys

Posted by Tyler Durden

Knew IT!

Quoted post: its me guys

All right, you got yourself an infraction, pal. One more time and you're outta here.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The Infraction should state "Stop liking cock".

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Vampire justice is the best kind of justice.

Posted by Ant

The people are real.
The cases are real.
The verdicts...are final.

Judge Judy Justice!

Posted by The Judge

Lion Police: Swift Justice.

Remember in I Am Legend where the lion tackles the deer? The deer was about to jay-walk. The lion, doing her patrols, calmly lowered her sunglasses. Taking a long drag of her cigarette, she said "my g[COLOR="black"]o[/COLOR]d..." and went into action.

Posted by Linkman

I still say we should have a second admin. One to worry about the actual forum and keeping everyone happy while Jesse worries about the server itself. AH, WISHFUL THINKING.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=The X;800599]Vampire justice is the best kind of justice.
As always, humans are cattle, either way..

[quote=Ant;800604]The people are real.
The cases are real.
The verdicts...are final.

Judge Judy Justice!
Gtfo with that.. I still laughed.

[quote=The Judge;800677]Lion Police: Swift Justice.

Remember in I Am Legend where the lion tackles the deer? The deer was about to jay-walk. The lion, doing her patrols, calmly lowered her sunglasses. Taking a long drag of her cigarette, she said "my g[COLOR=black]o[/COLOR]d..." and went into action.That lioness meant business, on that day. She was NOT ****ing around.

[quote=Linkman;800736]I still say we should have a second admin. One to worry about the actual forum and keeping everyone happy while Jesse worries about the server itself. AH, WISHFUL THINKING.
I believe that you, are that man. Linkman.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linkman: I still say we should have a second admin. One to worry about the actual forum and keeping everyone happy while Jesse worries about the server itself. AH, WISHFUL THINKING.

I think that's a great idea. But yeah...wishful thinking.

Posted by The Judge

Jesse? Being a decent admin? Doing something intelligent?

Ha.

Posted by maian

Yeah, I like it better having an admin that purposely doesn't cater to any of our needs at all whatsoever!

Posted by S

I find there actually being a method to that madness, myself. It may be a bit frustrating but he holds the reigns tightly enough to not let people's egos inflate.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: I still say we should have a second admin. One to worry about the actual forum and keeping everyone happy while Jesse worries about the server itself. AH, WISHFUL THINKING.

I smell dreamland!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Poco

oforia has been taking credit for this stuff lately

Posted by Jesse Smith

I'm not sure if it's going to help, but I disabled some perl scripts that were using a lot of CPU. Right now it looks like it *might* be back to normal speed.

Not sure if it's back to it's normal speed, but it's a lot quicker than has been.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Jesse Smith;802368]I'm not sure if it's going to help, but I disabled some perl scripts that were using a lot of CPU. Right now it looks like it *might* be back to normal speed.I always find these posts really amusing. Jesse typing as a normal person would is a sign of the coming armageddon...

Posted by Xero

Well it's back to the normal speed now so I guess it helped.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Now it usually takes less than a second for the page to start loading. It's also much better on FTP. Before, it was downloading at 50K per second. Not it's as if my DSL is back to normal, 150K a second.

So why exactly did this suddenly start happening? I don't get it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting The X: I always find these posts really amusing. Jesse typing as a normal person would is a sign of the coming armageddon...

Blah!!!! Enjoy them, they are rare!!!!!

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: So why exactly did this suddenly start happening? I don't get it.

Perl scripts can be server hogs. These are 100+K Amazon store scripts. I might try deleting them and re-uploading them, since I've had them on the server for years. I only changed the file permission so it spites out an Internal Server Error message when trying to load.

Posted by Chrono

this sight is slough

Posted by Jesse Smith

Da perl scripts that were slowing da server were from versions updated on... 1/8/03!!!!!! aka...they were very old versions!!!!! Yah, I updated them!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Janitor

I really didn't notice any difference in the speed, so...

Posted by Jesse Smith

That's cause I disabled da scripts...10 days ago, when da server was as slow as a slug!!!!!

Posted by Janitor

But even back then, the server wasn't slow to me. Guess it's just one of those unexplained oddities.