Is something wrong with xbox live?

Posted by Last Fog

Or is it just me? I've been having problems logging in the past few days, and the dashboard menus are extremely slow. Sometimes it will say I'm logged in, and the friends online will pop up, but I can't use the marketplace or anything.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This is exactly what's happening to me. Pretty sure it's just the holiday rush taking its toll.

Posted by Last Fog

Ok good. I was worried because I just got a new box and was wondering if something is wrong with the console.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

For sure. I just went and checked on XBox.com, and it appears to be affecting just about everyone.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I heard about the problems. At least I'm not experiencing them I guess!

Time to get a PS3.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Angelwing;799568]Time to get a PS3.
Get out of VGC and never come back.

Posted by Last Fog

She's got a good point. PS3's service isn't lagged up...

... because nobody's playing it.

Posted by Shade

I was having problems earlier today (like not being able to into a match in Halo), but now it's working fine.

[quote=Xy]Get out of VGC and never come back.

You just wait until yours gets it. YOUR DAY WILL COME

Quoting Last Fog: She's got a good point. PS3's service isn't lagged up...

... because nobody's playing it.

Zing!

Posted by bazariah

according to the forums on xbox.com it's being selevtive over who gets to log on to live..

there has been word from microsoft to give it 24 hours or so, till it's all straight again.. shame realy cos i wanted to play some halo 3 tonite

Posted by Last Fog

Speaking of xbox.com, that site has also been crapped out for a long time now. I can't view my friends list like I used to.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've been playing on my PC for the past few days, so I guess I've been missing it. Awesome.:cool:

Posted by Moogs

Yeah, I was playing Halo 3 and Live crapped out. It let me log in but it wouldn't let me play.

So I went and played Hellgate and then played System Link at work.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

It's been doing this for two weeks now. It won't sign you in automatically and when you do it manually you'll just get signed out in game, or the dashboard won't load. Pretty awesome!

On top of that MS has new bots that automatically suspending people when it receives complaints, whether unfounded or not. But you'll know if that's the case if it happens :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[LEFT]MICROSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFT!
[/LEFT]

What, honestly? huh, didn't think it was possible to hate microsoft even more.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I've had no problems. Of all people. : /

Posted by Shade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It's been doing this for two weeks now. It won't sign you in automatically and when you do it manually you'll just get signed out in game, or the dashboard won't load. Pretty awesome!

On top of that MS has new bots that automatically suspending people when it receives complaints, whether unfounded or not. But you'll know if that's the case if it happens :)

Yup. This one kid thought that the score in oddball went up by kills instead of seconds, so now my friend's suspended for hacking kills. gg microsoft, gg

Posted by Kit

I haven't had any Marketplace problems, but it has been really slow and logged me out a lot yesterday.

Quoted post: I've had no problems. Of all people. : /

It only goes down for a few hours at the most, so it's pretty easy to miss.

Haha, oh wow. So I sign in and it's doing that thing again, and when I go to connect to xbawks it tells me I have 53 friends online. That's new.

idk it's been happening for awhile, but you'd think microgay would have had it resolved! Apparently they're not great at that, though.

Posted by cool gamer dad

yeah, I'm getting it right now too. CURIOUS.

Posted by muffla

all i kno is that cod 4 has been very laggy and slow and crappy lately

Posted by muffla

http://kotaku.com/339342/microsoft-to-compensate-customers-for-live-downtime
cool my guess is ether an arcade game or ms points