Going to see Mika in concert!

Posted by Xero

28th of January at the Bell Center! This is gonna be awesome! I can't wait. As soon as my mom said he was coming to Montreal, I went to buy 2 tickets online.
46$. It's a fair price.

It's the 2nd concert I'm going to. Let's see if he'll be as good as the Rolling Stones.

Posted by Omni

Mika is better than the Rolling Stones.

Posted by Shade

Probably puts on a better show, too.

I'm jealous.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Queen: Mika is better than the Rolling Stones.

As an artist, yes. But is he as entertaining as they were on stage? Let's remember that the vocals and the music aren't the same.

We'll see.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Going to see Peste Noire in August. Superior.

Also happens to be in Quebec. SEE YOU THERE CHRIS WOOOOO

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Going to see Peste Noire in August. Superior.

Eh obviously :cookie:
But I'm surprised they're known well enough in Quebec to make a concert. Good for them :)

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Also happens to be in Quebec. SEE YOU THERE CHRIS WOOOOO

I'LL SEE YOU THERE FO SHO WEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEEEEEE

Posted by Omni

If you manage to get near the stage, request the song "Hips Don't Lie" because he's covered it live upon request as a joke before.

Posted by Xero

I'm on the 2nd floor. I'll be seeing him from above. I could always write it on a peice of paper and make a plane out of it and hope it makes it to him. ;)

Posted by Omni

He's dyslexic according to what I've read, so I hope he can read it. He's apparently still troubled by it sometimes. :D

Posted by Xero

Haha I didn't know he was dyslexic. I guess I'll ask people to pass the message from ear to ear until it gets to him.

purple monkey dishwasher

Posted by Shade

Teachers make us play that grapevine thing in class sometimes. What started out as, "football game was fun" turned into "monkeys fling poo violently"

Posted by Xero

I don't think there's a word to describe how good that concert was.

First off, Mika surprised me by speaking french with an accent from France. I thought that was pretty funny.

He performed most of the songs on Life in Cartoon Motion, but he also performed a few songs from his next album (which might be out right now, I have to check). He even sang Relax (Take it Easy) twice. Vocals were perfect. They usually don't sound as good in a concert so that was even better and the animation he added to the stage was very entertaining. Really really impressed.

The only thing I didn't like is the time we waited before HIS concert actually started. We sat at 19:30, knowing that there would be a band warming up the audience before the real show, but instead, 2 bands showed up one after the other as so Mika only started performing at 9:30. The 2 other groups performing as an opening weren't really good so we (the crowd) got very impatient.
At some point, we did a wave for at least 10 minutes without stopping.Good times.

And I bought a poster of the cover of Life in Cartoon Motion as a souvenir. I couldn't get an autograph on it, unfortunately.

Quoted post:
The only thing I didn't like is the time we waited before HIS concert actually started. We sat at 19:30, knowing that there would be a band warming up the audience before the real show, but instead, 2 bands showed up one after the other as so Mika only started performing at 9:30. The 2 other groups performing as an opening weren't really good so we (the crowd) got very impatient.

Pretty much happens in every concert. Often the opening act gets booed off if they're taking too long. And they always do.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Chris: Vocals were perfect. They usually don't sound as good in a concert so that was even better and the animation he added to the stage was very entertaining. Really really impressed.

I have so much respect for anyone who can sing great live compared to in studio. Too many singers nowadays are terrible live.

Posted by Xero

Indeed. This is one of the reasons why I rarely go to concerts. But this ones, I had a good feeling about it and I was right. Thank *** :)

Posted by junior senior

there was a free show of him on the day junior senior was playing in nyc