Zero No Tsukaima

Posted by Average n00b

I watched the first season over the summer..And I just finished watching the secnod season, and it's been rumoured that there's going to be a third season.

[IMG]http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff3/DarkDragon835/fullpplcw1.jpg[/IMG]

Zero no Tsukaima follows the adventures of the protagonists Louise and her familiar Saito. Louise is a second year student at the Tristain Academy of Magic. In this world, those who can use magic are either mages or nobles.

Louise is terrible at magic, and can never use it the way she wants to. She is dubbed the nickname "Louise the Zero" by her classmates, due to her success rate of casting spells of being almost always zero. Early in the school year, the second year students summon their familiars; this is considered a special ritual where a mage summons their eternal protector and partner, which usually is some sort of magical creature. Louise manages to summon a human commoner named Saito Hiraga, leaving her totally humiliated. Due to the sacredness of the ritual, Louise is left with no choice but to reluctantly accept Saito as her familiar. She proceeds to treat Saito as any other familiar only worse, making him sleep on a bed of hay and beats him with a whip for little to no reason, among other things.

One day Saito challenges a noble who disrespects commoners to a duel. Saito is beaten badly at first, but once a sword was put in Saito's hands, he gained the power of gandalfr, a legendary power which is given to the familiar of a void mage, with this power he gains the mastery of all weapons and wields the sword with great ability. Louise and Saito's relationship's develop during the course of the story. Together they face many mysteries and uncover unexpected truths, including the nature of Saito's hidden power, and the secrets of the legendary "void" element.

((Thanks wiki))

Well, the first season was very awsome. The second season was disappointing according to the fans, personally I didn't mind it, but I didn't like it either, it was done by a different director, they made a character a ***** and they made a lot of fanservice for the male watchers, which brings comedy but the plot of the second season started at episode 9 out of 12 episodes.

I'm planning on cosplaying as Louise, and I'm actually working hard on it. :P

Anyone else like this anime?

Posted by Roger Smith

Chick on the far left looks like Karin.

And the show itself sounds sorta corny. I mean...he gets a sword and suddenly knows how to kill with every weapon? Then again...ANIME LOL :cookie:

Dark skinned girl looks hot though.

Posted by Average n00b

It's not really that he becomes 'OMG I CAN BEAT U NOW!!!' , he doesn't know how to 'use' it alone, he can only do it with void magic.

There's only one character I don't like and that's the maid, Siesta. She likes Saito and knows that he and Louise are fond of eachother, but she tries to 'steal' him away from her, she increasingly becomes aggressive as time goes on in her pursuit of Saito, including malicious lying and aggressive sexual seduction.

But the anime isn't really for everyone, a few get annoyed with how Saito's so popular with a few girls and how he's a womanizer.

But you can only really give it a chance and watch the first few episodes to really understand if you like it or not.

Posted by Roger Smith

Zero chick also beats the **** out of Saito, to the point where he has wounds all over his body.....yet they fall in love.

Hardcore.

Posted by Arcadios

Seen.
Watched both seasons.
First was better overall as an anime and second season was full of delicious fan service but most people didn't enjoy it for that.
Personally it's one of my favorite animes. Top 20 really.

Posted by CrystalPain

humm if its on Arcadios's top 20
then i will add it on my "to see list"

Posted by Arcadios

It's defiantly worth a try.
If you need a torrent I can find it for ya.

Posted by Ant

so after watching the first two episodes; I've deduced why Average Noob likes it so much. and despite those reasons, I find myself enjoying it, as well. :(

Posted by Arcadios

THIRD SEASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
Has to have plot. Bring back the first season director. :(
[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ArcadiosZero/Zero%20No%20Tsukaima/0e120433.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ArcadiosZero/Zero%20No%20Tsukaima/73dea374.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Average n00b

Yay! Hope it's better than the second..And more Tabitha(I think that's her name) And no sign of Siesta? Happy day!

Oh, and Ant, I like it so much because I have a good taste of anime.

Just kiddin'

Posted by Ant

well, just finished the first season. very enjoyable and cute.

Posted by Arcadios

I heard the novels were better.
Whenever they get published and sent to book stores I'll pick them up.
lol can't wait to read em since [spoiler]when Saito died he was gone for a good half a year or so but the anime cut that out. there were certain parts where Louise tried to commit suicide. [/spoiler]

Hopefully in season 3 they'll have more Kirche, Guiche, Tabitha, and Montmorency....and Siesta not going whore on us. :(

Posted by Shade

Hmm, must watch!

Picture immediately made me think "Harem!", which is always a good thing. The description confirmed that it isn't, but hey, even if it looks like it could be harem, that's a great thing.

Posted by Arcadios

Not harem but good enough anyways.
It's for the tsundere, really.

Posted by Shade

RIN!? Sorry, I associate her with the word Tsundere. You know, I never did get that game to work. :(

Anyway if you've got a good download link that'd be just special

Posted by Arcadios

Crystal Pained asked for them like a couple of a weeks ago.
Should still have em in mai PM Box.
Sending.

Also Kagami is the best Tsundere.

Posted by Shade

Better than Rin? Not possible.

Only other one that comes close is Naru.

Posted by Arcadios

New pics for your liking.
[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ArcadiosZero/Zero%20No%20Tsukaima/1206416511831.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t301/ArcadiosZero/Zero%20No%20Tsukaima/MinitokyoFemaleScansZeronoTsukaima_.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Shade

Hehehe, someone's trying to keep her boyfriend's thoughts on her. ;)

Any word on when the episodes are gonna start coming?

Posted by Arcadios

None yet.
All that's happening right now is that they're spreading around some marketing and advertisements in magazines.

Posted by Ant

sweet loli jesus.

and I really should get around to watching the second season, but after what you guys have said, idk...