Soulcalibur 4

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

is there going to be Soul Calibur 4?

Posted by maian

Yes. Look it up somewhere, I believe IGN has some info on it. Either way, there's some screens and a trailer. Goodie.

Posted by PunkRock Sonic

I have Soul calibur 3 but I haven't played that yet

Posted by maian

Soul Calibur 2 dominates SC3, in my opinion. It felt like in 3, they were...trying too hard. Way too much emphasis on character creation mode, which resulted in the not very Soul Calibur strategy campaign or whatever it was, and much less on the characters, which is a massive part of the SC series. Not to mention the story was terrible, revolving around Zasalamel.

...Nonetheless, it still has great gameplay, and improves on a lot of small things from 2. But I still don't have that much fun on multiplayer because it lacks Vs. Team Battle. :(

Posted by Shade

Chronicles of the Sword alone makes SC3 better than SC2. My whorde of ninjas dominated everything. :cool:

Posted by maian

LIES

lack of moar costumes also made me sad :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

there will never be a souls calibur 4, I'm sorry to say.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, it got canceled. The testers hated it, and Namco decided it wasn't worth the risk, so Project Soul basically had the rug pulled out from underneath it. It was big news at the time, surprised you missed it. They might try to regroup and start from scratch, but it won't be for at least another year or two, so try and just forget about it.