Hellboy II looks to be just...

Posted by Tyler Durden

..more sexay beasts..and more horrible quips by Ron Pearlman. That white elven character is badass however...believe, he's Prince Nuada?

[youtube=5NfIT6CFQXg&rel=1]5NfIT6CFQXg&rel=1[/youtube]

Posted by S

The fact that it's Tom Cruise was slightly shocking.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Tom Cruise? No ****ing way? Really? Oh man, that's classic...you have to be lying, Sol.. But, Luke Goss isn't anywhere as horrible as Cruise. And he specializes in being a freak..or atleast one half of boybands with his twin brother.

Posted by S

Maybe I'm wrong but it sure as hell looked like him in that trailer at I Am Legend.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The white elf character (Prince Nuada)? Nah, that's Luke Goss, I swear.. He was in Blade II as Jared Nomak.

Posted by S

My bad then. I figured it was an odd role for Cruise, but I actually wouldn't have complained to see him in a new and different role.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, I agree completely with you on that note. For Cruise to be brazen enough to take on something in the superverse..absolutely different from his norm.

Posted by Xero

Looks good. Full of action. I'm definitely going to see that movie.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

First one was fun, if a bit awkward, but hey I'm looking forward to the second.

Posted by Tyler Durden

First one seemed a smidgen jerky, especially around the "romantic" scenes. Ron Pearlman wasn't crafted for romance.. (See Beauty and the Beast w/Linda Hamilton).

[IMG]http://www.batb.nm.ru/pics/vc01.jpg[/IMG]

Ha ha-horrible...but aniwai, can not wait to see HB2.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Howed they make the segway from Monsterous Beasts to Golden Robots?

comics

Posted by omegga

this looks like what the first one should have been, although, i enjoyed the first one so this should be ace... i have high hopes

Posted by nintendope

i have extremely high hopes for this film seeing as the director did pan's labyrinth. i'm sure it will be a visual masterpiece but who knows how his action/adventure capabilities are. i'm expecting to be disappointed just because of the potential it has to be amazing.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=nintendope;849143]i have extremely high hopes for this film seeing as the director did pan's labyrinth. i'm sure it will be a visual masterpiece but who knows how his action/adventure capabilities are. i'm expecting to be disappointed just because of the potential it has to be amazing.

Didn't you watch Hellboy 1?!

wtf-

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Tyler Durden: Didn't you watch Hellboy 1?!

wtf-

yes i did. doesnt mean anything though sequels are usually failures. honestly wasnt aware he directed the first one.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, sequels are genetically doomed-

Guillermo del Toro also handled Blade II, which might explain to me why it was somewhat enjoyable..

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting nintendope: honestly wasnt aware he directed the first one.

Yeah, the writer of Hellboy won't let anyone else direct his films. Also, Guillermo del Toro is going to do The Hobbit film(s) which I'm really excited about. More on the subject though, I am looking forward to seeing the new Hellboy because I enjoyed the first one quite a bit.

Posted by nintendope

Quoting Tyler Durden: Yeah, sequels are genetically doomed-

Guillermo del Toro also handled Blade II, which might explain to me why it was somewhat enjoyable..

the blade series was probably the only marvel movies that i personally would consider successful in my eyes. i havent seen the 3rd tho so i can't really say much about that one. i did enjoy ironman tho! i'm just hoping the new hellboy isnt all eye candy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Quoted post: It was originally expected that Guillermo del Toro, who directed Blade II, would direct (Blade Trinity). He passed on the project, however, to work on his "dream project" Hellboy.

That's a very reassuring statement.

Quoted post: the blade series was probably the only marvel movies that i personally would consider successful in my eyes

haha, what?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Bogus-

X-Men was successful until the release of X3, Spider-Man would have had a higher rate of success had they not rushed the story a bit.

Posted by Tyler Durden

New trailer (kind of late)-

[URL="http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/41373/hellboy-ii-the-golden-army/videos/hellboy2_trlr2r_040708.html"]#2[/URL]

Posted by Bender

Quoting Tyler Durden: Bogus-

X-Men was successful until the release of X3, Spider-Man would have had a higher rate of success had they not rushed the story a bit.

[COLOR="Silver"]even tho they rushed it (and i thought sand man kinda ruined it tbh), Spider-Man 3 still made like $553 million, so it terms of profit, it was the most successful comic book adaptation to date (i think) lol[/COLOR]