Day of The Dead, remake in the works soon..

Posted by Tyler Durden

[CENTER][COLOR=white][youtube=ulvle4RT7Bk&rel=1]ulvle4RT7Bk&rel=1[/youtube][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Slated for release in Apr.2008.

It's not going to follow the previous remake of Dawn, being directed by Steve Miner (Friday the 13th Part 2 and 3). He's taking it into a totally new direction, away from that of Zack Snyder's vision. Which, Snyder escaped Savini's vision and took Dawn way off track from where Night was heading. So, nothing new there...kind of stoked to see it actually.

[URL="http://www.nickwagnerphotography.com/project008.html"]Promoshots and photo shoot..[/URL]

[CENTER][IMG]http://www.moviecritic.com.au/userimages/user624_1162352904.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.nickwagnerphotography.com/images/projects/project008/nwp_dotd22lg.JPG[/IMG][/CENTER]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: away from that of Zack Snyder's vision.

Huh, darn. I really liked the Dawn remake.

Posted by Ant

As long as it doesn't suck as much as the original I'll be pleased.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Those are some strange looking zombies... But sure, I'm down. Zombie movies are usually fun.

Oh wait, Halloween H20? Lost interest. Shoulda stuck with Snyder.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah Vamp, if only Miner could go back in time and keep his talents from Friday the 13th 2 and 3.. H20, wtf, what an asshat. Snyder did exceptionally well in the Dawn remake, I actually was excited to go out to a theater and fork over $9 to watch it.

Posted by Dexter

Day of the Dead was the worst of the Of The Dead series. Needed more techno and less social commentary.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Around these parts, we simply call it the Dead trilogy. Fully disregarding Land. But yes, absolutely, old Day is crap..

Posted by The Judge

Original sucked. It can only get better.

Posted by Borealis

I love the gore (preferably Capt. Rhodes's death) from Day, but that would be just about it. Personally, I don't see this movie having anything of the gore from the original, but eh... Not really caring much for it, TBH.

I haven't seen Zack Snyder's remake, but I have it downloaded. I'll probably watch it now, although I doubt it'd be better than the original.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Borealis: I love the gore (preferably Capt. Rhodes's death)

Is that the one who, as he was doing his death scream, had his vocal cords ripped about and it turned into a really high pitch scream? If so, that was definitely the best part of the film and one of the coolest deaths in film history.

Quoted post: Fully disregarding Land

I liked it.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Borealis;799517]I haven't seen Zack Snyder's remake, but I have it downloaded. I'll probably watch it now, although I doubt it'd be better than the original.
Actually, if you look at both the original Dawn and Snyder's take as two different films. Then it's just no need to compare them to one-another. To me, Romero's Dawn was good for that time. Fairly groundbreaking during that era of horror. And Snyder's 2004, took what Romero wanted to do, adapted it to the modern horror genre and created something not short of a true hommage to what a zombie flick should be.

[quote=Dexter;799535]Is that the one who, as he was doing his death scream, had his vocal cords ripped about and it turned into a really high pitch scream? If so, that was definitely the best part of the film and one of the coolest deaths in film history.

I liked it.
Totally worth the pain of sitting through the first portion of Day, after that; meh *click*.

Snyder's was better than the original, if only because of the opening when the woman is attacked and speeds through town. That sold it for me.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, V. Upon first viewing it in theaters, I wanted to has monster sex with the screen. The opening made my day, right then and there. Very strong and straight forward. The world was going to ****, get your ducks in a row, get the **** out of dodge OR ELSE!

Yeah, which is almost a shame because the rest of the movie didn't live up to that scene. It was just so well done and so different. I mean, the rest of the movie was great, just not up to the caliber of the opening. Still way better than the original though.

Posted by Tyler Durden

True that, very true that. Every word you just said; I felt during the experience. I mean, after all the hectic chase "****" was over with from the opening. I just kind of laid back and sat still and waited upon more thrill.. no thrill-get for me, though. Like you said, still a good over-all flick. Or else I wouldn't own the dvd and watch it every once in a while to a few beers.

Posted by Dexter

I liked the origional better. The soundtrack was the best zombie soundtrack ever. I didn't care much for the motercycle gang material, mostly because there was too much of Romero's common social commentary included, but the rest was terrific. I don't care much for comparing them either because they were both very different and good in their own ways.

Doesn't Romero have Diary of the Dead coming out here soon?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yes Dexter, why yes he does. I made a thread for that film, too..somewhere in this forum. The premise seems to be a good one, can't wait to actually view a trailer.

Posted by Fate

I love the idea of zombie stuff. :)

So, Ving Rhames is in the movie but his previous character in the awesome remake of Dawn no longer exists but this movie is supposed to be a sequel considering the title? Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. All movies are supposed to be different takes on the same day/week.

Original Night was awesome and the remake was actually very cool. Original Dawn was okay but kind of silly, whereas the remake was very ****ing cool. Day sucked so hard. If this new movie is going in a different direction from the super-aggro Dawn 2004 badass stuff, then it might just revert to the idiot zombies from the Night remake (and the other movies, I guess).

Let's pretend Land never happened. And what's this Diary thing? WHAT IS IT TELL ME

Quoted post: And what's this Diary thing? WHAT IS IT TELL ME

Kids get attacked by zombies while making a movie and decide to make their movie a documentary about the zombie attack.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;800063][COLOR=skyblue]Original Night was awesome and the remake was actually very cool.[/COLOR]

That would have to be, because Tom Savini directed the remake of Night. Which, he got aw-inspired to do so from working special effects and propwork/make-up and costumes on the original Dawn and Day with Romero. :)

Posted by Fate

I know, I have that collector's DVD with commentary. :D

Posted by Tyler Durden

Well aren't you a lucky-lucky little girl, then. I've been meaning to pick up those editions of Dawn and Night (have the more common Day collectors ed.), but as of current, they're ever-so elusive around these parts. Silly state I live in has no sense of a horror culture. I mean, aside from my friend's mother shooting independent zombie flicks and whatnot. NC is fail for the sale of scare, forcing me to have to resort to Amazon..

Posted by Fate

I would've bought a movie pack thing if they sold it. Standard separate DVD purchases. :mad:

I have every movie in the series except for Land. Should I own it? It was a Romero movie. I hope he doesn't incorporate the intelligence faggotry again in Diary.

Quoted post: Should I own it?

Yes.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Fate;800880][COLOR=skyblue]I would've bought a movie pack thing if they sold it. Standard separate DVD purchases.[/COLOR] :mad:

[COLOR=skyblue]I have every movie in the series except for Land. Should I own it? It was a Romero movie. I hope he doesn't incorporate the intelligence faggotry again in Diary.[/COLOR]Yes. If you can respect Romero's agenda to explain a zombie evolution of re-learning civilized common actions. Such as; wielding weapons, leadership, minor problem solving, ignorance to living human deterrents (i.e. traps, diversions, bait). Vamp could agree, it does hold alot of really good eye candy; great make-up, some "good" special effects, and some mediocre; almost modernized costuming. But, for a zombie flick. It's worth a view or an own. Oh, and Tom Savini reprises his classic role as Blades (Dawn), in it, but I don't want to spoil.. Simon Pegg also cameos, elsewhere. You find that out for yourself..

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;800913]Yes.
YES.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[URL="http://moviesister.com/info/4942/Day_of_the_Dead_2008.html"]Leaked..[/URL]

Spoiler: Black people don't save the day.. felt like a Resident Evil/Return of the Living Dead ripoff. 'Cause, it just borrowed so much.

Posted by Bebop

I had hopes until I realized it had nothing to do with the awesome Dawn remake, and that it's been marketted by reminding people of H20.

Not even going to bother with the leak. Sounds too lame.

Posted by Tyler Durden

It was man, it was.. very horrible. I'm just glad I survived it. Hold me?

It felt like a zombie mock of AVP:R.. I mean, it took place in Colorado; mostly in a hospital setting..