Thoughts on Iron Man?

Posted by Tyler Durden

[youtube=vhgzIM-9lfA&rel=1]vhgzIM-9lfA&rel=1[/youtube]

So much eye candy?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

There's already a thread, but whatever.

Only good thing to come of Iron Man since Civil War. Pretty sure Marvel will have him back as a true hero in the comics by next May, though. What with Secret Invasion and all. I'm glad they decided to include the original suit, along with the modern Extremis-style one. RDJ seems to fit the role well, and there's nothing in the trailer that seems wrong in any way.

I'm excited.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

He looks pretty bad ***.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Song goes good with the movie :). Can't wait to see it

Posted by Tyler Durden

I hate the ****ing song.. But anyways, almost blew one over the suits..

Posted by S

Only thing I'm dreading is that I hear they blew off the fact that he's a raging alcoholic in the comic, and that's what eventually made him becoming Iron Man a must.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[COLOR=#00ff00][COLOR=white]Yeah, battling alcoholism, heart failure, explosions, designing the suit and core to become vital aids in keeping Stark alive.. actually S

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, alcohol is as big an enemy in the Iron Man comics as Mandarin or Titanium Man. It would probably detract from the origins story they're setting out in this movie if he was already a full-blown alcoholic. I'm willing to bet we'll see hints towards it, though.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Hints, but nothing definite. Can't see that **** flying for a big-budget mass-audience film.

Posted by Red

who knew that the infamous Sabbath song would be appearing in the trailer?

anyway the movie looks sick, I never actually knew anything about Iron Man, never read the comics or anything but I'm looking forward to this.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Red: I never actually knew anything about Iron Man, never read the comics or anything but I'm looking forward to this.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Eh, IronMan is pretty much like the Batman of Marvel. But; with better suits, ****tier villains, lamer gadgets, and an entourage of even lamer story arcs. I mean, com'on, Frank****ingMiller and Jim Lee jumping into Bat's boat.. As far as I can remember, I've always seen IronMan full of fail. The animated series sucked balls completely; the fact that he has no real remarkable features to actually qualify him for super hero status other than his awesome suits and billions of dollars to spend on said gadgets. Sure, he survived alcoholism by becoming IronMan. But that's just weak when held in comparison to Bats. Eat **** and die-I'm just going to enjoy the **** out of this film for what it is. Eye candy..hopefully they won't whore out Stan Lee in it. I'm drunk, so everything looks good right now.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Now it's kill those ****ing taliban, boo terrorism! I can see the comic already Iron Man vs Terrorists. Is this movie even going to have a villan or am I just paying to see a bunch of mid eastern people getting blown to bits?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Please shut up, just shut up. You're ruining what could very well be a fantasy about IronMan battling thousands upon thousands of hawt Middle Eastern strippers..

Posted by Tyler Durden

[IMG]http://www.twitchguru.com/picturegalleries/20070803/iroman4.jpg[/IMG]
Teh protosuit..

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Tyler Durden: Please shut up, just shut up. You're ruining what could very well be a fantasy about IronMan battling thousands upon thousands of hawt Middle Eastern strippers..

Well if SOMEONE hadn't unbanned him, we wouldn't have to be reading his retarded posts.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Yeah, seriously.. mods here are just teh biggest ****ing waste of carbons..Reb& that faggot.

Posted by muffla

i really want this to be a good movie, however i feel as though it will disapoint
:(

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Quoting Tyler Durden: Eh, IronMan is pretty much like the Batman of Marvel.

If someone would say that to me in person I would most likely suplex them. In my eyes Moon Knight is Marvel's closest thing to Batman. Ironman is like DC's Amazon's Attack Limitied Series, garbage!!

Posted by Tyler Durden

Please, we all know IronMan was simply just a Marvel rip off of ol' Bats..

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

No, no, no, no. Definitely not. The only thing they have in common is that they're billionaires.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

And use technology/money as their superpower.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=The X;799677]No, no, no, no. Definitely not. The only thing they have in common is that they're billionaires.
[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;799682]And use technology/money as their superpower.

SOLD!