Returning Damaged goods

Posted by Arcadios

So I bought a Zelda DS Bundle pack and was pretty satisfied with it. Pretty sexy.
Then 2 days later while playing Phantom Hourglass the stylus scratched my touch screen. I didn't mind at first but then I said **** it and returned everything to get the same thing but new. Also I remember with my first DS Lite it had a dead pixel...bugged the **** out of me so I returned it for a new one.

Would you ever do this or have you ever done this before?

Posted by Roger Smith

You must've pressed pretty hard or something to scratch it with the stylus dude >_>

And no, not in recent memory. Everything I buy is in pretty new condition and I take care of my stuff.

Posted by maian

Bah. My shoulder buttons on my DS are still broken. It's a nightmare. I'd send it in, but it's like $75 or something for repairs, and my warranty is long gone. I still just want to buy a Lite, but...eh. With no job, it's not worth it at all to save $130. I've been meaning to buy a triwing screwdriver from eBay, and try to fix it myself before I spend a large sum of money on repairing/fixing my DS.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I always return **** that breaks. There's no harm in trying to get your money back or get a new one, what's the worst they're going to do? Say no? And often they'll just take it back because they don't want to deal with the hassle. Even better if you pick a really busy time to return it.

Posted by Arcadios

Yea, perfect time today since the Customer Service line was hge when I got there.
"*Sigh* Okay, system, game and charger. Here you go, enjoy your system."
"lol k"

Posted by Last Fog

I've never had the chance because nothing I buy breaks within a few days. I guess because I'm not a dumbass who mistreats everything.

Posted by Linko_16

I've never had a game break on me. I take pretty good care of them, and I've never bought anything with a defect.

Quoted post:
I've never had the chance because nothing I buy breaks within a few days. I guess because I'm not a dumbass who mistreats everything.

I've never really had anything that breaks right away. But a year or two down the road and I still have a receipt or something? All over it.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

If buying Halo 3 for some of the achievemens and returning it for full price and getting CoD4 instead counts as damaged goods? Then yes.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I only return them for an exchange of the same product. It rarely happens for me, mostly because I take good care of my stuff. I get rather upset when my stuff breaks right after the warranty runs out, and it's only due to wear and tear.

Quoted post: I get rather upset when my stuff breaks right after the warranty runs out, and it's only due to wear and tear.

what's up, xbawks?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

My PS2 just stopped reading discs, years after the warranty nonetheless.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: what's up, xbawks?

This actually happened to my GameCube twice, The first time right after the warranty from the purchase expired, the second time right after the warranty from the repair expired. Both times they said it was the laser alignment. But the second repair seems to be holding up just fine.

Haha, really? Wow. I still have mine from launch.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, that's what I hear from most people. I treat my GameCube well, so I must've just gotten some slightly faulty units.

Posted by Unite

I never return anything I just buy it new again if it breaks.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I returned my GBA once because the shoulder buttons would stick. I only go if I can't really use it anymore but if it's a scratch then it's my **** fault I didn't buy a screen protector.

Posted by muffla

i returned my first ds because of a dead pixel, but when i saw them open the other box to get me a new one i realized i never got the metroid hunters demo or the thum stylus. i shoulda said somthing but i didnt, o well