Jackson confirmed to make Hobbit

Posted by maian

And he's making, not one, but TWO Hobbit movies!

...I guess it's going to be put into two parts. Odd.

[url=http://movies.ign.com/articles/842/842098p1.html]Source[/url]

Anyway, that makes me...happy. I loved the LOTR films to death. Although these aren't quite the same, I'm going to love seeing Ian McKellan play Gandalf again, and hopefully they can get the actor who played Bilbo in LOTR.

EDIT: Bleh, oops. He's confirmed to produce.

Posted by Ilikefluff

what the deuce?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Very nice!

Posted by Zeta

I think I'll stick with the 1977 animated film.

Posted by Shade

So SJ isn't directing these? Lame.

Posted by Ilikefluff

Quoting Zeta: I think I'll stick with the 1977 animated film.

right on brotha.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=maian;796272]And he's making, not one, but TWO Hobbit movies!

...I guess it's going to be put into two parts. Odd.

[URL="http://movies.ign.com/articles/842/842098p1.html"]Source[/URL]

Anyway, that makes me...happy. I loved the LOTR films to death. Although these aren't quite the same, I'm going to love seeing Ian McKellan play Gandalf again, and hopefully they can get the actor who played Bilbo in LOTR.

EDIT: Bleh, oops. He's confirmed to produce.

I'm just thankful that the rumor behind Sam's Tale has been laid to rest.. but, you did mention Jackson being behind two Hobbit films? ONOEZ!? Funny thing, I hated the LotR trilogy, for two reasons; Peter Jackson directed Frighteners, and two...I ended up sleeping like 11 hours through all three because I got tired of waiting for them to stop ****ing walking and the end sequences just kept in continuation for what seemed decades before finaly making a close or getting any advancement into the next film.

[quote=Zeta;796441]I think I'll stick with the 1977 animated film.
I can't even watch that, anymore. Arthur Rankin Jr. is just scarey..

[quote=Ilikefluff;796520]right on brotha.
Shut the **** up..

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Yeah, I love the LOTR trilogy and am looking forward to the Hobbit. Stretching it into two movies seems a little unnecessary, but I guess we'll see.