Adding a new drive?

Posted by TimeSkipz

So I'm adding a new dvd disk drive and I go to plug it in and theres one of those plastic strips are on it, how can I get these off?

Posted by Gollum

Pull on it.

Posted by scylla

From the sound of it in your other threads, you can't do anything right when it comes to computers, so get your receipt, put the drive back in the box & get your refund

Quoting TimeSkipz: So I'm adding a new dvd disk drive and I go to plug it in and theres one of those plastic strips are on it, how can I get these off?

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting scylla: From the sound of it in your other threads, you can't do anything right when it comes to computers, so get your receipt, put the drive back in the box & get your refund

Didn't you just recommend Norton Antivirus as the best PC protection in another thread? Yeah, don't make fun of others' lack of PC knowledge again.. Norton is an awful, bloated piece of crap.

TimeSkipz, assuming you're being serious and not just a puppet waste of time joke, you need to learn more about PC hardware before trying to do all this stuff.. Installing/Removing an IDE drive is one of the simplest things you can do. Do some research!

Posted by scylla

Yes I do use norton and every single threat that has crossed paths with the norton antivirus is no longer on my pc. Norton may seem to use alot of cpu resources.... but that's only when it's doing a virus scan or searching for updates.. You may have used an older version of it but what I have protects against intrusion, firewall protection, spyware protection and even email protection. And I know it doesnt miss anything because every few days I run Avast! to see if it missed anything, which it so far hasn't. It's a good product

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No it's not. It's expensive and and a waste of money. Their free programs out there that do more than Norton while using a lot less resources.

Posted by Gollum

Who pays for programs anyway?

good question. the good thing about norton is that it's really easy to get a cracked copy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;799278]good question. the good thing about norton is that it's really easy to get a cracked copy.
So, do tell.. I can't wait to stop paying for that piece of ****.. Free updates wouldn't seem so much like a *****.

search for it on google or a torrent site. you'll get a lot of results.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Gollum: Who pays for programs anyway?

I do sometimes if it's really good quality software from an independent developer or whatever and I want a legit copy. These people work very hard to make good products and usually don't have much support. Obviously a lot different than paying for Micro-Soft or Symantec products though..kind of like supporting obscure musical artists I guess.

Quoting Tyler Durden: So, do tell.. I can't wait to stop paying for that piece of ****.. Free updates wouldn't seem so much like a *****.

[URL="http://www.google.com/search?en&q=norton+site:rapidshare.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8"]http://www.google.com/search?en&q=norton+site:rapidshare.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8[/URL]

Yeah, it really is everywhere I guess.

Quoted post: I do sometimes if it's really good quality software from an independent developer or whatever and I want a legit copy. These people work very hard to make good products and usually don't have much support. Obviously a lot different than paying for Micro-Soft or Symantec products though..kind of like supporting obscure musical artists I guess.

Yeah, if I really used anything like that I'd likely support them after using their product for awhile. Like downloading an album, listening to it for awhile, and buying it further down the road.

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Philsdad;799393]I do sometimes if it's really good quality software from an independent developer or whatever and I want a legit copy. These people work very hard to make good products and usually don't have much support. Obviously a lot different than paying for Micro-Soft or Symantec products though..kind of like supporting obscure musical artists I guess.
[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;799400]Yeah, if I really used anything like that I'd likely support them after using their product for awhile. Like downloading an album, listening to it for awhile, and buying it further down the road.

Ditto..

Posted by Roger Smith

Hit F12 and then delete the System 32 folder.

New drive added. Enjoy.

Posted by Tyler Durden

TS, thems good advice he gives thar.. Listen to Roger.