WarCraft III CD Key?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I had two copies of the WarCraft III Battle Chest. I installed one version on my laptop and another on a friend's old computer. Since that time, I've lost the jewel case for both of them, but managed to save the CD key on a floppy a long ways back. The problem is, I don't have the other CD key, but I believe there's a way to find the CD key in the System Registry. Any ideas?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

So you can't play DotA with me? :(

Posted by Skitzo Control

No, I still have one of my CD keys. I just want the other, too.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Oh. What's your SN, btw.

Posted by Skitzo Control

SkitzoControl, same as anywhere else.:)

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I'm
GreenTeabagger
now, since MottaTheHutt was banned. :(

Posted by S

How the **** do you get banned from B.net?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I accidently left my UMS maphack on, which I rarely use in the first place.

Posted by muffla

I love starcraft, would wc III battle chest be worth buying? sry for derailing the thread

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Warcraft III and Starcraft are quite different. You might be better of just waiting for Starcraft. I doubt I'll still play Warcraft after Starcraft comes out.

If you really can't wait for Starcraft II and you have money to blow then Battle Chest may be a good idea.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I lost my Warcraft CD but I still have my Frozen Throne Disc. It sucks cause my mom uninstalled it so now I will have to buy it again

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=MottaTheHutt;795902]I accidently left my UMS maphack on, which I rarely use in the first place.
Haha! MH'ers are funny. The only thing that could be possibly seen as a hack that I use is Hi-Net's DotA Rank system that checks pings, holds a global banlist, and (obviously) ranks players in a world-wide leaderboard.

Posted by S

DotA = ?

Been off B.net for a few years now, sorry.

Posted by Borealis

[QUOTE=S

Posted by S

A type of ladder system that's player originated? I typically avoided melee games except the occasional BGH and money map.

Posted by NegativeTrend

Warcraft 3 doesn't keep your CD key in the registry. Keeps it in an encrypted file in it's folder. Try this program, (assuming it's still installed) http://www.zerogamers.com/downloads/c38-Warcraft-III-Bnet-Utilities/f46-CD-Key-Grabber.html .

Be sure to scan it for teh virus and stuff before you use it.

Posted by Slade

I never use b.net, so you can have my CD keys if you want. I've got the game and expansion keys if you need 'em.