Sig image size

Posted by Linkman

File size..

195.6 KBs is unacceptable. I can no longer stand to mutilate animated gif quality to fit in sigs. Increase it to at least 300 KBs!

All in favor?

Posted by Ant

I

Posted by Linko_16

Aye. 195 KB may be adequate for still pictures, but animations, even modest ones, are barred.

This image is 224 KB, something that was once in my sig prior to the upload system. I could start a thread in the Poll Forum topped with this picture and ask if anyone had a hard time loading it. I guarantee you that no one will complain. 300 KB sounds about right for a restriction even the lousiest of connections could be fine with.

Posted by Linkman

Ah, it was that gif I was working on for you Linko that persuaded me to bring this up. By the time I got the size down to below 195 KBs (at a lousy 32 colors :mad2:), Zeta's green hair turned almost gray. :(

Posted by Ant

no no no, that won't do at all.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Supporting this, even so far as recommending it gets boosted to something like 1MB. It's weird that back in the days of 56k VGC, we were allowed almost unlimited signatures, but now that everyone has high-speed internet, we have to make do with a single image that's only 200 or so KB.

Posted by Arcadios

Make it happen.

Posted by Omni

DO IT

Posted by S

Good with me.

Posted by Roger Smith

Aye.

Posted by Stalolin

make a poll, because i'd really love this to happen

Posted by Corrupt

Hey, we got an avatar filesize limit increase at one point, so why not get the same thing with signatures? I'm in favor.

Posted by Slade

I am in support of this cause.

Posted by Linkman

Poll added, vote away.

Posted by Stalolin

yay, now jesse cares about this!

Posted by Linkman

Heh, spoke too soon.

Posted by Zeta

I ****ing love VGIC.

Posted by Linkman

4vgc.com!

Seriously though. No one has dial-up anymore. And even then, 300 KBs will load in about 5 seconds.

Posted by Omni

I voted. Everyone had better vote.

Posted by Linkman

This [sigpic] thing has to go too.

Because people's sig images are forced to be uploaded to Jesse's already slow server, pages take longer to load than they would if the images were coming from a 3rd-party FAST server.

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, can't you just limit the amount of images in a signature to one without the [sigpic] method? If Super Mods were given the ability to edit signatures again, we could just remove pictures that were too big like we always did.

Still, I can stand [sigpic] if we can up it to 300 KB.

EDIT - 310. 310 KB would be best.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well guys, I can't wait for 2024, when Jesse finally implements this! :D

Posted by Linko_16

Lol, Jesse's a good sport. He just has to remind us he's a wacko, lest we forget.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: If Super Mods were given the ability to edit signatures again, we could just remove pictures that were too big like we always did.

See, that actually makes sense. Worked before more or less.

Posted by The Judge

I agree completely. Give supermods the ability to edit signatures once again. Hell, it'd give them something to do. :-*

Even so, 3rd party hosting would be fantastic, and there's no reason not to up the file for the sigs.

Posted by Omni

The only reason super mods lost the ability to edit member info is because Dexter kept editing WackoHater. Bring it back.

Posted by Linko_16

Dexter's not Super Mod anymore. We promise not to touch WackoHater. We'll just edit everyone else's at our whimsy, creating lots of drama.

Posted by ExoXile

YHAR.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linko_16: Dexter's not Super Mod anymore.

Did I miss something??!! :confused: :D

*Wounders how long it'll take for every one out here to figure out who da two new Super Mods are!!!*

*yawn* *Goes back to sleep.* :D:D:D:D

Posted by S

Yo.

Posted by Linkman

So stubborn!

I propose a co-admin!

Posted by Jesse Smith

I nominate WackoLover for co-admin!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Roger Smith

Arc, for the lulz.

Posted by S

Someone wanna volunteer for me to test out my sig changing powers, to test if the feature is locked or not?

Posted by Xero

I'm all for the bigger limit.

Quoted post: WEEEEEEEEEEEEGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Hey, I can edit signatures. Sorry about that, Chris, but you can change it back quickly.

Posted by Xero

Yeah I was just about to upload a new picture anyways. :)

Posted by ExoXile

INCREASE THE SIZE LIMIT, JESSE.
IF YOU DO THAT YOU'LL TRULY BE THE WACKO KING.

Posted by Linko_16

Come on, Jesse. Don't you think VGC deserves a Christmas present?

Posted by The Judge

HM! Turns out Kendra's a moron!

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linko_16: Come on, Jesse. Don't you think VGC deserves a Christmas present?

er, you guys got one...two new Super Mods until Dexter comes back!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by The Judge

Just shut up and do it, you *******. It's not like you're accomplishing jack except looking like a crappy admin by doing this. We already asked you nicely and some of us even bothered to beg, so just ****ing do it.

Posted by Omni

I second the Judge's idea.

Posted by The Judge

Sorry, I'm just tired of the same old crap. WHOOHOO, JESSE'S A WAAAAACKO. Every time we want anything done, we have to go through a month-long process of sitting here and listening to the same tired bull****, and normally the changes don't even happen. And this particular request happens to be for not only a good means that a fair amount of people want, but to get rid of some stupid system Jesse set up anyways.

It's not funny, and it doesn't reenforce any idea we're supposed to have about you aside from you being a worthless and otherwise incompetent admin. So just do it.

Posted by O.T.L

please void my vote, i have no idea what i was voting for... not like it will make a diffrence though.

Posted by Ant

it was voided before you even made the vote, no worries.

Posted by NeXidala

Increase it to 300KB.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting oswaldothelegend: please void my vote, i have no idea what i was voting for... not like it will make a diffrence though.

One would question as to why you bothered submitting your vote then!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Jesse Smith: er, you guys got one...two new Super Mods until Dexter comes back!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

That was Chanukah.

Posted by Linkman

UNANIMOUS ONCE AGAIN! Make it happen Jesse.

Meh, it's worth a shot.

Posted by Ant

BANNER

Posted by The Judge

BANNER

Posted by Jesse Smith

*YAWNER*

Posted by Arcadios

Please do it, Jesse.

For me? :(

Posted by The Judge

...Why are you doing this, Jesse? Why not just up the file size?

Honestly.

****, now he's really not going to do it. THANKS ARC

Posted by Arcadios

******* it

Posted by Ant

I'm a fat idiot.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The only reason it's not going to happen is soley because we don't need to allow WH the ability to share bigger pictures of Shakira.. That and, like Judge'ette exclaims; Jesse's going to be a stubborn ******* and veto our polls to create more chaotic drama and usher in even more wackoisms. It's only a matter of time, he's just prolonging our furthered attempts..

Posted by The Judge

No, the only thing he's going to get done is create a group of discontented members who grumble about it in DA and that's about it.

WACCKKKKYYYYY

Posted by Tyler Durden

Let there be a cock fight to decide the winner.. Judge vs. Jesse.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Tyler Durden: Let there be a cock fight to decide the winner.. Judge vs. Jesse.

I can ban da Judge. He can't ban me!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

er, what was dis thread about again??!! :D:D:D:D

er, doing something for Arcadios??!!! er...guess that settles da sig image size issue!! :D:D:D

Posted by Ant

Will somebody PLEASE think of the children!

Posted by The Judge

How about someone act like a halfway decent administrator?

Posted by Linkman

You really do suck Jesse. :(

Posted by Tyler Durden

Jesse sucks more than even he is aware..

Posted by The Judge

You know what? Whatever. Do what you want.

Posted by Iris

Jesse, you're driving them insane!

Posted by Tyler Durden

Not so much as you would, Iris.. But, then again, I'd just sooner one night-stand you up; and forget that this whole sigpic size situation ever happened.

Posted by Iris

You're not a funny person.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: Jesse, you're driving them insane!

Drama is good!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by Tyler Durden

[quote=Iris;797884]You're not a funny person.
Am I ever really trying to be funny? I mean, when two people of the opposite sex want to have a fling, I call it a heterosexual engagement. Nothing to be gay about it, miss...Merry Christmas Iris, I love you.

Posted by The Judge

Shhhhh. At least make an attempt to joke around in a manner the recipient will find funny.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Judge, you're just upset that my penis dwarfs yours by a few thousand inches...And the fact that I don't care to bother loving you, anymore..

Posted by The Judge

Have fun lugging around a thousand inch dick.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Dude, I have a team of sleigh dogs for that..

Posted by Omni

Jesse, just change the thing already. Nobody is getting mad, and it's Christmas. Not to mention you stole my smiley and used it to annoy WackoHater. You owe me.

Posted by Xero

Quit begging the guy. He just won't do it.

Posted by S

The longer you beg him, the longer it won't happen.

Posted by muffla

this would be a cool sig but its fcking huge
[IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/87/getthe****outmq0.gif[/IMG]

Posted by muffla

*** **** cencers

Posted by Tyler Durden

Eh, not really..