Harry Potter movies are out of control

Posted by gamecorner

I hate it when movies come out with so much merchandise. Look at Harry Potter movies. They started as books, but all of a sudden they make them into movies. And now there are video games, board games, trading cards, action figuers, legos, and a hell of a lot more. It's just annoys me. Couldnt they just tone down a little?
:flame:

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

omg, liek, where does it end!!!1

I'm not a huge fan of the series. Never have been, so I pretty much don't care and ignore most everything related to it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I like the books, and I like the movies. The rest can go to hell.

Posted by Trigger

It isn't the movies that are out of control, it's the authors willingness to merchandise anything that's popular and trendy (and that of which creates money). Blame the little eleven year old kids that want all the latest merchandise; it's these kind of people that keep these systems running. Personally, I don't care for the Harry Potter series anymore; I read all the books and I watched about two of the movies but after that, the whole story has just lost all its appeal. It's basically the same story, just a few detail changes and a somewhat different result and scene. I'm not too keen in reading or watching the same basic story in five different ways.

Posted by Dandelion

I love the books to death. I've already preordered the sixth. But the movies are s***. They've all construed the story so much you have to read the books in order to understand the movie. Plus the movies themselves are practically a seperate series at times. And the fourth movie won't even have Mrs. Weasely in it. WTF?! Mrs. Weasley is one of the most influencial roles in the fifth book, but in the fourth movie she's going to magically disappear?! Not cool. And they always have this huge issue about making the movies into only ONE movie. Why? It would be sell better as two, but they're all too stupid to know that. True HP fans would much rather watch something that's true to the books, and two movies, rather than watching a kiddie piece of crap that cuts out half the story. Take the third movie, that was pure crap. Visually it was the best of the three, but the storyline was garbage.

Oh Jake, she disapoints me lately. The sixth book had better be good.

Posted by Mystic Hero

I personally only favor the books. Those are the single things that I still like despite all of the useless merchandise now being sold. I hated the movies. I thought the first one would be good and it turned out I rather hated it. i was forced into seeing the second one, which made me hate the movies even more. The third one I didn't even bother to watch. As for all that extra junk, it's much expected after being a big hit, but I think they've gone a little over board with it. I don't know a sole that collect Harry Potter cards or whatever. The whole thing seems kind of dumb. I don't mind the Legoes, after all they always make Legoes out of new hit movies sometimes. But the rest of the stuff is garbage.

Posted by Saruman

You guys act like the movies were that bad. I thought the director did very well with what he had to work with. I know he missed some key parts from the books, Like Snapes potions in the first book, and Harry recieving the broom at the end in the 3rd movie.

If the director would have put everything from the books into the movies then the movies would have all been well over 4 hours long.

Basically the movies are great but the book are thirty times better.

Posted by Fiindil

i thought the third film was pretty good tbh, the first two were **** tho, i could probably have done those better myself!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting Fiindil: i thought the third film was pretty good tbh, the first two were **** tho, i could probably have done those better myself!

No you couldn't.