Guitar Hero 3 Wii version sells for $9,100 on eBay

Posted by Axis

[quote][SIZE="3"]Guitar Hero 3 Wii version sells for $9,100 on eBay[/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]by Blake Snow | 12/11/2007 | 10:03:27 AM PST[/SIZE]

On disgruntled father got more than he bargained for If final auction numbers are to be believed.

[IMG]http://www.gamepro.com/nintendo/wii/games/news/images/152428-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

A Canadian man claims to have recently caught his 15 year-old son smoking pot in the backyard with two of his "delinquent friends." As penance for the boy's misdeeds, the father listed for sale what he called the "Holy Grail" of unopened Christmas gifts, Guitar Hero III for Wii.

"I am now finding it hard to justify rewarding him with this gift after he so greatly disappointed me," writes the brooding parent on his Ebay listing page. "I know smoking a joint isn't the end of the world, but if you can convince me that he deserves the gift, then I will end the auction."

Consequently, the $90 game sold for $9,100.01 to an Australian buyer. Apparently, the majority of people sided with the dad.

Highly profile Ebay auctions are often purchased for abnormally high prices by buyers seeking publicity.

"I am still considering getting him a game for his Nintendo," adds k_lid, the seller. "Maybe something like Barbie the Island Princess or Dancing With the Stars."

Absolutely insane what people will pay for a video game these days. I love these stories that show how over the top people go on stuff like this.

Linkage: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=152428

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Too bad, Slade. I knew you really wanted Guitar Hero! :(

Posted by Ant

lol

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

That's more than PS2's went for back in the day.

Posted by Colonel

Wii Guitar Heros arn't that hard to come by, are they?

I found one and I wasn't even tring.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

That father is retarded and insanely smart at the same time.

He made a ****load of money for a completely moronic reason.

Posted by Zeta

The American dream!

Or in this case Canadian.

Posted by Borealis

I wonder if Isaac feels like a douche now.

I woulda thought this would be on the 360 since they're ****ing impossible to find on that system.

Posted by Linko_16

Are they any harder to get in Australia? That's where the guy who won the auction was from.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My guess is that the winning bid was made by the dad himself as part of an elaborate trap to make his son feel even ****tier.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Quoting Zeta: The American dream!

Or in this case Canadian.

Canada's part of America.

Posted by Degeneration

Who wouldn't gladly pay OVER NINE THOUSAAAND for some of that mono-only goodness?

Quoted post: My guess is that the winning bid was made by the dad himself as part of an elaborate trap to make his son feel even ****tier.

Canadians aren't that smart.

Posted by protomanv4

lol 9k for gh3