just put my cat down

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

So, I got a brother and sister cat if you remember and they only just turned six months. The boy cat had this odd pouch below his stomach for quite awhile and developed a breathing problem. Stopped a couple days later but then he got lethargic, started getting a fever and his lower body hurt whenever you applied some pressure onto it. Brought him in today thinking he was just sick, but it turned out to be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_infectious_peritonitis

something called FIP. Which happens to be a mutation of a common disease. It's a strain that's incurable and fatal and putting him on medication would be delaying the inevitable. The mutation causes the blood vessels to leak hence the pouch and sore abdomen. So it wouldn't've been fair to keep him alive. So my family had him put down. Sucks. Especially now in a few days I basically gotta do the same with a friend.

C'est la vie.

Posted by Omni

That sucks. I hate when things like this happen. :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What was his name? :(

Posted by Slade

Man, that sucks.:( It was definitely better to let him go than put him on medication, though.

Quoted post: What was his name?

Uh, little boy...

Yeah, we couldn't really settle on a name for those two. So it was little boy, little girl and then we found one under our deck who we called baby girl. Guess there was a reason we never named him...

Posted by Zeta

wtf ;_;

Posted by Corrupt

Ugh, I feel your pain, man. I went through a similar ordeal earlier this year (as you know), and it still hurts to think about it. I don't give a fuck about what some people say, but losing a cat (or a pet in general) IS like losing a friend. I hope your other cats are okay, though, and I'm also sorry to hear about your friend. Shit like this just happens, though, so you pretty much have the right attitude. C'est la vie.

Posted by cool gamer dad

oh :[

Hope your other cat's gonna be fine. Rest in peace, little boy.

Posted by Linko_16

My cat had problems with her kidney stones, kept peeing blood everywhere. We fought for, like, a whole year but eventually had to have her put down. She actually had a really unhappy life, even in our house where our other cat kept trying to fight with her, so it's depressing to think about it even now. That trip to the vet was one of the few times in my life where I've ever really cried about something. I've never met a more timid, more sweet cat in my life.

So yeah, **** sucks, hope you get over it soon.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Man, sucks losing a pet. Keep on truckin', bro.:(

Posted by mis0

It sucks, but it's usually better to let them go than to try to fight something like that. I remember seeing lots of animals on dozens of meds to try and keep them alive. It's not pleasant for them at all, and they don't even get anything close to a normal life.

Poor kitty. :(

Quoted post: My cat had problems with her kidney stones, kept peeing blood everywhere. We fought for, like, a whole year but eventually had to have her put down.

yeah, we had a similar problem with our other cat a very long time ago. Though at the time we had enough money to get him surgery and he ended up living until he was 16 when we put him and his sister down about two years ago. At least in that case you know you can do something, and we actually believed that's what it was with this case, but then you hear it's something incurable and you're just like "what the ****, why?" Though not like we could afford surgery or anything **** like that anyways, so in a sense it was better that there's nothing you can do.

Quoted post: It sucks, but it's usually better to let them go than to try to fight something like that. I remember seeing lots of animals on dozens of meds to try and keep them alive. It's not pleasant for them at all, and they don't even get anything close to a normal life.

No kidding. my cousin has this 17 year-old cat that's just so old it can barely move. It's time for it to be put down but she refuses to, so now it's on a IV drip, not eating, not moving, it's doing nothing and obviously in a lot of pain. I mean, when an animal is that bad you can't think about yourself and what you want. It's pathetic and awful.

Posted by The Judge

That's what it gets for trying to be around for Christmas.

But seriously, condolances. Or however you spell that.

Posted by Lord of Spam

too lazy to check if thts right, so ill just say you're stupid anyway.

faggot

<3

Posted by Ant

bummer.

And the thread title didn't click. I was thinking you were going to say something along the lines of putting him down after just rubbing your face in his belly. :(

I WISH ;_;

but in the state he was in that would've just hurt him ;_; ;_;

Posted by Linko_16

Way to reopen the wounds, Ant, you bastard.

Posted by The Judge

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Posted by Lord of Spam

(o\\\\')