Call of Duty 5

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... Is being developed by Treyarch and is going back to World War II. ***. ****ing. ****it.

http://www.treyarch.com/jobs.html

Scroll down to the level editor position - they're looking for someone to make WWII maps for Call of Duty.

Posted by muffla

why? its like shooting themselfs in the foot. i personally hated the first three cod games (three was ok at best) but i loved cod 4

Posted by Borealis

How the hell do they expect this to work? Like, are they absolutely oblivious?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: i personally hated the first three cod games (three was ok at best)

You're a massive faggot, by the way. Just thought I'd point that out.

Anywho, I lol'd hard. I knew treyarch was the developers... but come on.

Posted by Borealis

Treyarch doesn't even make that good of games.

I guess the upside is no one gives a **** about WWII games anymore, so no one will have to suffer through it. And they aren't tainting the awesomeness of modern warfare

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Couldn't they at least have made it about Vietnam or some other ****ty 20th century war? Regardless, this'll be embarrassing.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=The X;791607]Couldn't they at least have made it about Vietnam or some other ****ty 20th century war? Regardless, this'll be embarrassing.

WW2 is a perfect setting for a game though, lots of content and it displayed thousands of heroes, after WW2 million man armies were replaced by high tech weaponry. WW2 was the defining time for a few countries and it brought people together. What has any other war done??

They could have switched it up though with an alternate reality of WW2, sort of like Resistance without the futuristic weapons.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Only way COD5 will be good is if we have some kind of inaccurate WWII depiction, with Nazis riding T-Rexes and Daft Punk traveling back in time to aid the French rebellion. Otherwise, I'd rather eat buffalo ****.

Posted by Borealis

They should remake the Pearl Harbor invasion from dual perspectives, the whole thing, though! From Japanese occupation of a Alaskan Island (whatever they're called, jeez) to the attack, and then getting tea-bagged with two atomics.

Same for the US, living both perspectives, and all. That would be not-suicide, I think.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Hey, everyone loves the modern theme. Let's go back to WWII.

Quoted post: Couldn't they at least have made it about Vietnam or some other ****ty 20th century war? Regardless, this'll be embarrassing.

Vietnam is just as worn-out as WWII, plus, no one gives a **** about those games.

Quoted post: WW2 is a perfect setting for a game though, lots of content and it displayed thousands of heroes, after WW2 million man armies were replaced by high tech weaponry. WW2 was the defining time for a few countries and it brought people together. What has any other war done??

Except everyone was burnt-out on WWII years ago. So it's not the perfect setting for a game at all.

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except everyone was burnt-out on WWII years ago. So it's not the perfect setting for a game at all.

Soon enough, just about every war game will be worn out and the world would have to go into another war so games could be played to reenact.

Posted by Zeta

Where's my Civil War game?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting TimeSkipz: WW2 was the defining time for a few countries and it brought people together. What has any other war done??

I'm sorry, are you retarded, or are you being extremely ignorant on purpose?

yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the internet, buddy. Not wwii

Posted by Moogs

**** Treyarch. How can you see this Modern Warfare game be so highly liked and so popular, and then go back and make a game like CoD3 which failed. To add, how can you make a game about something there are so many games already out there for… I liked the fiction story line they made up in CoD4… why not do it again with CoD5 or like someone said make it set in another war… oh and I would lawl if they released a CoD Civil War game.

Posted by Last Fog

Haven't they learned their lesson? Why won't they let Infinity do their thing and maybe, like... be successful?

Posted by Kit

Here's hoping IW will start on CoD6!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

CoD6 won't be the same without Price and Gaz. :(

Quoted post: Why won't they let Infinity do their thing and maybe, like... be successful?

Because Actiblizzion knows, though it's highly inferior, it's still going to sell and it'll give IW enough time to make a quality game and start raking in the money and quality publicity. Tryarch is just a way for them to continually make money off a single franchise. Smart business really.

Quoted post: CoD6 won't be the same without Price and Gaz.

Price has been in every IW CoD game. He'll make a return, as always. Gaz... I have a feeling we'll see a reincarnation of him too. Oddly enough, he's one of my favourite characters in a very long time.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Hopefully COD6 is set 100 years in the future, with a cybernetically enhanced great-great grandson of Price.

It's probably be around the same time-frame. Something more akin to GRAW perhaps? So near future.

Posted by Moogs

This is funny. We are completely over looking CoD5, as we should of course.

Posted by Skitzo Control

If I have to see that damn Normandy beach again, I'm going to demand a blowjob from each and every one of Treyarch's developers.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Skitzo Control;796063]If I have to see that da[COLOR=white]m[/COLOR]n Normandy beach again, I'm going to demand a blowjob from each and every one of Treyarch's developers.
The beach only appeared in the first COD. COD2 had a cliff face near the beach.

... But I'm arguing semantics now.

Posted by Skitzo Control

You're damn right you are. Now, bag my groceries.
===
It just seems that every single WWII game has that scene from Saving Private Ryan at the very beginning. Medal of Honor did it, what, EVERY ****ING TIME? It's even in Day of Defeat!:(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The mission in the first COD where you have to survive without a gun was awesome. Treyarch will need a game full of ideas like that if they want COD5 to sell well. If you're going to make a WWII game, a least cover the Soviet Union in greater depth.

... before they decided start slaughtering innocents, obviously.

Posted by Pit

Quoting MottaTheHutt: I'm sorry, are you retarded, or are you being extremely ignorant on purpose?

... what he said made sense. Read posts and stop throwing around insults. I know you guys don't like Timeskipz and you think it gives you reason to bash everyone of his posts, but, honestly, that remark wasn't necessary.

Another WWII game wouldn't be bad, and there are various of battles and stories to tell, but when one WWII game comes out, and various afterwards, the whole concept for gamers gets old. CoD5 should be called CoD5 future warface, and all guns replaced with plasma pistols and all infantry replaced with Spartan II's, wait what

Quoted post: Treyarch will need a game full of ideas like that if they want COD5 to sell well.

The brand sells, not the developer. All they need to do is attach the brand of CoD to their game and they'll be fine. The average gamer/parent really doesn't know who treyarch or IW is.

Posted by muffla

i think they should set it in the future. it worked for Ghost Recon and battle field so it should work fine with call of duty. also they should release a public beta again cuz that really started the fire that is cod 4

Quoted post: it worked for Ghost Recon and battle field

150 years in the future doesn't really compare to three to four years in the future

Posted by Anti-Muffla

i'm kinda glad they are going back to WWII, Treyarch probably wouldn't be able to pull off modern warfare anyway. I hope treyarch gets their act together, they TOTALLY screwed the ps3 version of COD3. I still find COD3 fun though :-\ just would have preferred to have mics online, maybe have some sort of ranking system, maybe some split screen, and maybe killcam too! That would be good! If Treyarch has all that in COD5 for the ps3, i'll be one happy camper.

Quoted post: reyarch probably wouldn't be able to pull off modern warfare anyway.

They couldn't pull off WWII either anyways. They might as well just stop making games.

Posted by maian

Quoting Zeta: Where's my Civil War game?

I lol'd at first, but after thinking about it, I decided, if done right, a Revolutionary or Civil War game could actually turn out really cool, unless it's been done in some RTS. I mean, it's never been done, and I think some Civil/Revolutionary War sequences in movies are awesome.

Just throwing that out. :(

Posted by Last Fog

It's been done, by the History Channel. Decent game actually.

Hahaha, no it isn't.

Posted by muffla

yea that game sucked hard, the one shot then reload for 5 min really ****ed me off

Except you reloaded pretty quickly. Quickly enough for it to look retarded.

Posted by Dexter

It did give me about 700 points with little time spent though. I remember laughing a few times, too. "Don't forget me arrrrgggg"

Posted by Last Fog

Idk, I liked it. It was like a really crappy Call of Duty, but still fun.

Posted by Y2kMISFIT

Wow, I honestly think the dumbest move possible has just been made. Lets take a game where after 4 tries people are talking big things about. Yeh, 1,2 and 3 were good games and had a large fan base but c'mon 4 is actually comparable to Halo in a lot of people's eyes... I know people at my work that got a 360 just for COD 4 online. Whatever, no matter what time period it's in, it will sell, they will make a profit but I think they should stick on the road they are on.