FREE VC GAMES FOR EUROPE!!!!

Posted by Speedfreak

HELL YEAH!!

NoE finally got the Stars Catalogue thing sorted out and we can now finally trade in our thousands of stupid Stars for Wii points at the rate of 4 stars per Wii point. They also have some actual stuff to buy too from the Japanese Club Nintendo. Mostly stuff like caps, t-shirts and bracelets. There was a gold-coloured Twilight Princess statue earlier for 15000 stars but it's sold out now.

ALL THOSE GAME DELAYS ARE FINALLY WORTH IT. AND AMERICA DOESN'T GET ANY OF THIS. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;791069]ALL THOSE GAME DELAYS ARE FINALLY WORTH IT.
Yeah, I'm suddenly not upset about Brawl being delayed until post-June at all. Gee thanks, Nintendo! Looking out for us Europeans, as usual!

Posted by Speedfreak

That release list isn't exhaustive. It's only for Q1 release, all releases on that list after Q1 are as it stands now. And as it stands now Europe, the US and Japan don't have release dates for Smash.

So it's more likely it'll be Q2.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Regardless, an exchange system isn't going to make me forgive Nintendo's brutal delays. We had to wait nearly a year for Elite Beat Agents, remember? ... And don't get me started on Super Paper Mario or Pok

Posted by Speedfreak

No I don't remember because I import DS games because I'm not a MORON. It's region free, hell's wrong with you? Super Paper Mario looked gay anyway.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

You're overlooking the fact that not every DS owner in Europe is able to/is aware of importing. That's your excuse for Nintendo shafting Europe, though? That we can just import? What about Wii games? When Nintendo leaves us in the dust again with Brawl, are you gonna shell out for an American Wii? I don't care if Super Paper Mario was GOTY or 'gay', Nintendo still said 'whatever' and made us wait half of a year to play the exact same game as every had enjoyed in America and Japan.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't really buy that you couldn't be aware of importing but also be aware of America getting games earlier. Everyone's capable of importing too, it's called ebay. Or Lik-sang.

When it comes to Wii games, yes, we are fucked. But I'll only be mad at the delay for as long as the delay lasts, I'll be forever happy that I got to play a VC game like Sin and Punishment for free. I think it's a reasonable tradeoff.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay buddy - I'm sure when February 10th rolls around, Vamp, Ant and every other North American VGCer will be simply livid with rage that we're getting to buy Super Mario Bros for the sixtieth time while they're stuck with new games.

Nintendo's attitude to Europe is simply unacceptable, and a weaksauce points exchange isn't going to placate my feelings.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah then two months later I'll have this conversation:

Soul: Wanna play Smash?
Me: yeah, lemme just finish playing Sin and Punishment. Ever play it?
Soul: No
Me: GUTTED.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

July isn't two months after February. It's six. You know, like half a year?

How you can be okay with Nintendo delaying a game's European release for no apparent reason is... beyond me.

Posted by maian

I'll just stick to using emulators while playing Brawl :cookie:

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;791088]July isn't two months after February. It's six. You know, like half a year?

How you can be okay with Nintendo delaying a game's European release for no apparent reason is... beyond me.

We have no indication that the European release isn't until after June.

[quote]"The Nintendo 1st & 3rd party Software lineup release schedule which was distributed by Nintendo on Thursday 6th December confirmed launch dates for Nintendo titles launching in Q1 2008...Nintendo also included some titles which were fixed for release beyond Q1 2008 such as Mario Kart Wii. All Nintendo software titles launching in Q2 2008 have not been finalised or confirmed to date."

Anyway, back to the topic at hand,if you please.

Posted by Arcadios

Baw well. But it seems like a crappy substitute for none importers in Europe. How long does this offer last, anyway?
So what would you rather have: Same release dates as Americans or free VC games?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;791124]We have no indication that the European release isn't until after June.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177057

No idea where you got your source from. Anyway, the topic at hand is that it's an average-at-best system and nothing to brag about. Especially considering Nintendo is ****ing us in the *** in other areas.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Arcadios;791128]Baw well. But it seems like a crappy substitute for none importers in Europe. How long does this offer last, anyway?
So what would you rather have: Same release dates as Americans or free VC games?

It's not an offer, Nintendo have been giving Stars since the Gamecube launched. They're just now letting us redeem them for Wii points. And that doesn't mean just VC titles, tha's Wii Ware too. BOOYA.

[quote=The X;791134][URL]http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177057[/URL]

No idea where you got your source from. Anyway, the topic at hand is that it's an average-at-best system and nothing to brag about. Especially considering Nintendo is ****ing us in the *** in other areas.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177125&site=cvg

Same site lol.

As much as people (myself included) might bitch, a couple of months delay isn't much considering I'm gonna be playing it for 5 years. After 10 years I'm used to delays, they mean nothing to me.

But free games mean plenty! WOO HOO!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;791163]As much as people (myself included) might b[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]tch, a couple of months delay isn't much considering I'm gonna be playing it for 5 years. After 10 years I'm used to delays, they mean nothing to me.
Just because you're used to them, doesn't mean you should accept them. When was the last time Ubisoft made Europe wait a couple extra months, or even weeks? Capcom? Activision? Bungie? 2K? Epic? Nintendo have no excuse for making us wait longer.

As for these games being 'free' - how many games do you need to get stars from for a points card? If you're importing all your DS games, Speedy... How are you gonna get stars? Are you buying enough Wii games to get adequate stars?

Regarding the article - it mentions nothing of Brawl. Pure speculation.

EDIT: Went off and done the math... Every game gives you 250 stars. Therefore, each game gets you 62.5 Wii points. You're gonna have to buy 20 Wii games to play Sin and Punishment. Not exactly free...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Same site lol.

Quoted post: but that means the Smash Bros. release is still very much up in the air.

So, essentially, the exact same thing we knew yesterday? There's no release date, and chances are it's going to miss the US release.

I'm with X on this one, I'd rather have brawl in february than some VC game I've played to death... that's actually not all that free when you think of it. Enjoy your "free" VC games and delayed Smash, Europe. lol

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;791168]Just because you're used to them, doesn't mean you should accept them. When was the last time Ubisoft made Europe wait a couple extra months, or even weeks? Capcom? Activision? Bungie? 2K? Epic? Nintendo have no excuse for making us wait longer.

What do you mean I shouldn't accept them? Not accepting them means not buying games, that's not really gonna happen.

Here's a question: why should I actually care about America getting games before I do?
Do I get a worse product? No, actually Nintendo fixes bugs between the US and European releases. On a rare occaision we actually get slightly better game content too, with Metroid Prime's story not having a plothole, extra characters in DBZ 2 and RE4 having an easy mode. It's not much, but it proves my point.
Do I get games at a slower rate? Nope, otherwise there would be an ever increasing backlog of games that have yet to be released. On average the same amount of games are released per year in Europe as the US.

The only drawback I can possibly see is spoilers, but with the internet spoilers can screw you days before release, things tend to calm down about a week afterwards.

Honestly, if you're so intent on being upset about something that amounts to nothing other than bragging rights then be my guest. But you're not dragging me into that little pit of stupidity with you.

Also, since you asked I can think of some occaisions off the top of my head where other companies have screwed Europe over. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence had a 7 month delay. Katamari Damacy was never released in Europe. Boktai had a 7 month delay from the US and a 9 month delay from Japan. Dragon Quest VIII had a 5 month delay from the US release, despite the US release being in the same month as Japan!

[quote=The X;791168] As for these games being 'free' - how many games do you need to get stars from for a points card? If you're importing all your DS games, Speedy... How are you gonna get stars? Are you buying enough Wii games to get adequate stars?

EDIT: Went off and done the math... Every game gives you 250 stars. Therefore, each game gets you 62.5 Wii points. You're gonna have to buy 20 Wii games to play Sin and Punishment. Not exactly free...

I have 5 years of Stars saved up. Other than that, a freebie after 20 games is still a freebie. Otherwise I make it as a free NES game every 4 Wii or DS games I buy, I'm down with that.

[quote=The X;791168] Regarding the article - it mentions nothing of Brawl. Pure speculation.

It was issued in response to Brawl not being on the Q2 list. It's not really speculation when it's coming straight out of NoE either. They don't specifically mention Brawl because they don't need to, they were stating that the entire Q2 list isn't finalised.

Quoted post: Here's a question: why should I actually care about America getting games before I do?
Do I get a worse product? No, actually Nintendo fixes bugs between the US and European releases. On a rare occaision we actually get slightly better game content too, with Metroid Prime's story not having a plothole, extra characters in DBZ 2 and RE4 having an easy mode. It's not much, but it proves my point.
Do I get games at a slower rate? Nope, otherwise there would be an ever increasing backlog of games that have yet to be released. On average the same amount of games are released per year in Europe as the US.

But everyone hears about the games at the same point. So, if you really, really want something it sucks knowing you have to wait longer than everyone else. You may get games at the same rate, but so what? You still have to wait longer than everyone else... and that straight-up sucks.

also, having extra characters in an average fighter and an easy mode where one isn't needed isn't all that great. Again, I'd rather have the game much sooner.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;791546]No, actually Nintendo fixes bugs between the US and European releases.
[url=http://www.destructoid.com/europe-waits-half-a-year-to-get-super-paper-mario-and-it-s-got-a-glitch--45361.phtml]Uhh, yeah.[/url]

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;791713]But everyone hears about the games at the same point. So, if you really, really want something it sucks knowing you have to wait longer than everyone else. You may get games at the same rate, but so what? You still have to wait longer than everyone else... and that straight-up sucks.

also, having extra characters in an average fighter and an easy mode where one isn't needed isn't all that great. Again, I'd rather have the game much sooner.

It doesn't bother me. I might aswell throw a fit over the testers getting it before me. Because all games have a delay that means when there's a game I'm missing out on there's another game I'm only just getting to keep myself busy with.

[quote=The X;791719][URL="http://www.destructoid.com/europe-waits-half-a-year-to-get-super-paper-mario-and-it-s-got-a-glitch--45361.phtml"]Uhh, yeah.[/URL]

Who gives a s[COLOR=lightgreen]h[/COLOR]it? Super Paper Mario was a turd of a game for all the Wii fanboys in denial that no good games were coming until Metroid. That's still my 3 examples to your one crap one.

I take it all back anyway, NoE have somehow managed to sell out of virtual Wii points cards. Gotta give them props for their constant innovating in the field of fu[COLOR=lightgreen]c[/COLOR]kups.

Quoted post: It doesn't bother me. I might aswell throw a fit over the testers getting it before me. Because all games have a delay that means when there's a game I'm missing out on there's another game I'm only just getting to keep myself busy with.

Yeah, but there's something seriously wrong with you. Though you may not be bothered, sure as hell seems like a lot of kids from the UK are. Plus, I chuckled at tester bit.

Quoted post: That's still my 3 examples to your one crap one.

Actually, you have one good example and two crap ones compared to his one crap example.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;791781]sure as hell seems like a lot of kids from the UK are.

Yeah, kids. Kids bitch about anything when it's not exactly even, even when it doesn't actually affect them.

I just consider everyone who plays vidya games kids =3 Pretty sure there's a bunch of older gamers who are super ****ed also.

Posted by S

I didn't enjoy having to mod my PS2 in order to play Guilty Gear. It was a pain in the *** that I only went through with because I ****ing love Guilty Gear. I wouldn't do that for many games.

Posted by s0ul

Hm, I can understand wanting to find the brightside of the turd here, but I really don't think there's any way of effectively arguing that getting games several months late is a good thing. Though I guess it doesn't bother me that much when Japan gets **** before us, as long as it's only by around a month or so.

Posted by Speedfreak

I wasn't saying it was a good thing by any means, anything as close as possible to a worldwide release is preferable, which Nintendo manage on their big games anyway. I just don't piss myself when Super Paper drought-filler gets delayed.

Now that I think about it, maybe certain titles get larger delays because Nintendo produce a heck of a lot more games than Ubisoft or Activision, yet they only have a certain amount of localisation support.

Quoted post: Though I guess it doesn't bother me that much when Japan gets **** before us, as long as it's only by around a month or so.

It helps when it's in a completely different language and often the case is that the North American version is vastly superior to the Japanese version in one way or another.

Posted by crelda

Though that is the reason why Europe gets such big delays.
They have to translate the game into a bunch of languages so that the product can be sold Europe-wide. They also cant just sell to each country individually as the games must meet with European Unions rules.
Also Europe stupidly waits for the American version to be released and translate that.
Though are supposed to be changing that. whether that has been taken into effect I'm not sure.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=crelda;793028]Though that is the reason why Europe gets such big delays...
Didn't stop BioShock, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Orange Box or Mario Galaxy being released at the same time worldwide. Seriously, there isn't a reason. It's just that certain companies don't give a **** about Europe or Australia. Hell, Assassin's Creed even had six languages of voice acting, never mind text.

Indeed. If a developer really wanted to or cared, they'd, you know, do that before they released the game. If they factored translations into the time it takes to develop a game no one would really have to feel left out.

Though, Japan can have their games first.

Posted by Bebop

Downloaded Contra II and Megaman today. The first is hard but fun. The second is harder than it is fun.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;793030]Didn't stop BioShock, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, Assassin's Creed, Orange Box or Mario Galaxy being released at the same time worldwide. Seriously, there isn't a reason.

I don't buy the "Nintendo hates Europe, wahhh" arguement, nor do I think they're totally inept. Nintendo is the second largest publisher of games after EA, and that's only because the different versions of FIFA, NFS etc all count as seperate games. Nintendo have a lot more translation work to do, especially because of certain games like Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing.

If there's a delay is because they're busy doing localisation for other games (such as Fire Emblem, as it happens).

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Bebop: Downloaded Contra II and Megaman today. The first is hard but fun. The second is harder than it is fun.

Wait...Megaman is out on VC?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Well, in Europe it is, anyway. Mega Man II's scheduled for January, too.