No more mega man x

Posted by gamecorner

This is getting really out of hand. Capcom is making Mega Man X look like a disgrace. There's just too many now. In every one, sigma finds some way to come back to life. He never dies even though you kill him!!!. The first four mega man x games were awsome. Heck, mega man x(the first one) is my favorite mega man game, but these new ones suck. So far, mega man x5-x8 have been horrible. And guess wat? There already making a mega man x9. Shame, Shame, Shame.
:starwars:

Posted by Legend Saber

As long as Capcom can make a few bucks out of it, they'll do it. Nowadays, making money off of fanboys takes higher priority than making good games, I guess Capcom is just following the trend.

Posted by Serenade

I wonder why they refuse to remake Megaman X (the first one) for the GBA. Heck, I'd buy one of those.

Posted by Dark Link

The X Series is actually good.
I agree that the first 4 were the best, but X7 was the one game in the series that SHOULD NOT HAVE existed due to it's poor playability and overall value.
X8, my sister has, brought back that side-scrolling so that's a plus. I actually like all the side-scrolling megaman X games. It's just that X7 should be the one that wasn't worth it AND a waste of time/effort.

As long as Capcom keeps the 3d side-scrolling in the next X games I'm happy.

Posted by Foxy McCloud

I think Megaman X was a great series. Until it got overused that is. Megaman X5 was a big disapointment me. It was like it just lacked the soul of X4 which came before it. Since X5 it seems as though the series has only declined further. It's good that they tried to do something new in making it 3d, but such a endeavor was not worth it if it could not have been done right in my opinion.

Posted by veeman EXE. 3

megaman X series does rock... ... ... are they really thinking of making an X9 I kinda thought they would stop at 8 but anyway I still like the games their good I don't think they should stop.

Posted by goku262003

what about command mission i thought that was ok?
from what i think the X series is trying to end right at the buggening of the zero series if you followed MMZ all the way to 3 you'll see the last chapter of the X saga is the elf wars so i think X9 and X10 will be the elf wars saga after which no more X!

then all you complainers can give your mouth and fingers a rest!

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting goku262003: what about command mission i thought that was ok?
from what i think the X series is trying to end right at the buggening of the zero series if you followed MMZ all the way to 3 you'll see the last chapter of the X saga is the elf wars so i think X9 and X10 will be the elf wars saga after which no more X!

I think you are right, they need to end out the X series story wise right up to the beginning of the Zero series. Although I could be incorrect, I have not played any of the series.

Posted by Stalolin

Quoting goku262003: what about command mission i thought that was ok?

I was waiting for them to bring up the Elf Wars in X8, but they didn't, so you're right, it'll either be in X9, X10, Capcom will make some completely different series, or they'll include the storyline of the Elf Wars in Megaman Zero.

Posted by Dragon X

drop sigma and the series will rock again

Posted by goku262003

Quoting Dragon X: drop sigma and the series will rock again

...they did!...play X8!

Posted by Dark Link

Well they KINDA dropped Sigma in X8.
I mean you still had to fight him, but he WASN'T the final boss in the game ;)

Posted by Krunchy

I kinda liked X8 because of the kick major hippo arse music, and because of the Glorious beacon of wonderfulness Axl. But I think Capcom's getting a little wound up.. especially with Command Mission. Megaman X and RPGs dont mix that weel, in my opinion.

Posted by goku262003

if im right axl wont last long (since hes nowhere to be seen in zero)

Posted by Pit

Quoting goku262003: if im right axl wont last long (since hes nowhere to be seen in zero)

Megaman Zero came out before X7. It's obvious that the character wasn't even created by that time... I mean, how can you just make that statement sir?

"This is getting really out of hand. Capcom is making Mega Man X look like a disgrace. There's just too many now. In every one, sigma finds some way to come back to life. He never dies even though you kill him!!!."

A quick heads up, this happens, in so far, every game titles Mega Man. From the WWW in Battlenetwork (Wily 3 times and the WWW's role in 2), from Wily being pretty much the last boss in every Mega Man game, and Sigma being the one for the X series. Luckily, in the Zero saga, it has been fresh and hasn't rehashed the same story. I mean, the story ties to into each other perfectly, but it isn't a loop hole like in Mega Man where someone Wily escapes, builds 8 master robots, you fight em, and you fight Wily.

Posted by The_Essence_Vortex

I love the MMX series. X7 sucked, but I just recently played X8 and it brings back the good old days of Megaman. *sigh*... Good times... Good times...

Posted by goku262003

Z1 + Z2 youre talking about but what about Z3 that came out after X7 didnt see him in that!

Posted by Pit

Quoting goku262003: Z1 + Z2 youre talking about but what about Z3 that came out after X7 didnt see him in that!

You're totally missing the whole point. Just because they decided to trash the X series with AXL doesn't mean they have to do the same with Megaman Zero. Okay, yeah, he fought alongside with Zero and X against Sigma, but then then they have to take it into consideration when coming up with the Zero story. Alright, maybe he's not in the Zero series, now, and the reason is because it had an already established story. He may be in 4, cameo wise, who knows, or maybe he does something in X9 that will clean up why he isn't mentioned in the Zero saga.

Posted by Concerto

Zoot! Something I can reply to! Now I can prove I still come here! :metool:

Regarding Axl's absence from the MMZ series, you have to keep in mind that MMZ and Battle Network are both "What If" stories. What if Zero went into stasis at the end of X6, and didn't come out for a hundred years? Since the MMZ series continues directly from there, that means Zero wasn't around for X7 and thusly hasn't even MET Axl.

To simplify, the MMZ timeline goes directly from X6 to Z1, excluding anything between the end of X6 and Z1, while the X series disregards the Zero games and continues merrily on it's way. :)

In the MMZ timeline, that means anything in the X series after X6 happened without Zero. So it is possible that Axl can show up, but the story surrounding him and how Zero knows/reacts to him would likely be different. It's also possible that Axl gets destroyed sometime between when Zero went into the capsule and the beginning of the Zero series (though I hope not. I like Axl ^^).

Posted by Krunchy

I just don't Like Axl I lo-... I LIKE PUMPKIN PIES!- insert anime sweatdrop-

Posted by goku262003

but arnt all the MM games just "what-ifs" from the orginal MM series?

Posted by Arczu

What?

I'll say that X7 wasn't exactly fun (stupid airship level...), and X8 does redeem itself in it's nearly-unforgiving gameplay. (If you are NOT on easy of course...)

And what Zerostar said about the Megaman Story and Zero, that's a good theory. I haven't played all the MMZ/Battle Network ones and I thought those stories were completly apart from the original Megaman areas.

Posted by goku262003

i just think that all the MM series are just what ifs of the old MM series and i still think the elf wars will be in X series soon

Posted by Krunchy

.. Even though, If I had to throw out my abso-posi-tivolutley favorite of all time Megaman Game, It would have to be Megaman 2.The sprites are nice and colorful, and, who can resist Clashman's stage music?

Posted by Concerto

goku262003: Not really, though anything's possible. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that X is a continuation of the Classic series, though Capcom hasn't been very forthcoming with information as to what the heck happened between the end of the Classic series and the beginning of the X series.

I figure since Capcom hasn't actually set an end to the Classic series that directly ties into the beginning of the X series, and they've shown Zero's schematics and Dr. Light (the same one) is present in both the Classic and X series, it's probably a continuation, though it COULD be a "What If" (I don't personally think so, though ;)).

However, since the X series has Zero going into a capsule in just one of mulitple endings, and the Zero series most likely continues from that (both series indicate he was there or supposed to be there for a hundred years, give-or-take), it's probably a "What If" story. After all, the X series continues, pretty much ignoring Zero's going-into-the-capsule ending. Of course, they could decide to put him in another capsule at a later date and royally annoy all the loyal fans who are trying to make sense of this mess. XD

As for Battle Network, I figure it's a case of "What if Dr. Light studied programming instead of robotics?" It DOES start in 20XX, after all (or 200X, depending on which game and/or manual you're looking at). ^^ However, it IS completely different from the Classic series and has nothing in common with any of the other series', so it's either a "What If" or a completely seperate storyline. :)

I heard an interesting theory about the Legends series, along the lines that it's actually placed thousands of years after MMZ, but that's little more than just theory at this point.

Posted by RockMan

[font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=navy]I think that the X series are a continuation of the Classic series, MegaMan and Bass seems to be after MM8, (so it'd be like a MM9) after that, they changed MegaMan10, for MegaManX.

Axl could've been created just to remember Bass, (after all they , they have similar attacks), nothing.

Remember that the difference between the Classic series and the X series it's the Mavericks, in the Classic series the bosses were just robots, in the X series are animals, CAPCOM is running out of animals (Avalanche Yeti, GigaBolt Man-O-War) so the X9 should be the last of the X series

In MMX3 when you beat the game it says that "to save man kind X must destroy Zero"

So...............What the.............??????????
[/color][/font]

Posted by Pit

RockMan, we know that the X series lies ahead of the original Megaman series. Play the Powerbattles 2 and finish the game as Bass.

Posted by Axis

I only enjoyed Mega Mans 1-3. After that I started to get a little bored with them.

Posted by goku262003

well im still going to stick to my theory ill wait out til X10 then we'll see if i was shot down or not!

Posted by Arczu

I'm beginning to wonder if the creators even intended for all the Megaman games to even be linked into a nice long story at all. I mean, we are talking about multiple forms of megaman and Zero here...

Posted by RockMan

Arczu, I think you're right. Maybe the creator never intended to link the MegaMan games they just used similar names because of the popularity that the name "MegaMan" had.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Arczu]http://themmmc.suddenlaunch3.com/ we need members!!!

Posted by TheCopyCat

i think this is all half right , i remember i read about mega man battle network series , the game is based on just a manga create on japan , and as you said is just a way of use the famous names so the mega man followers start looking at it , as network goes now theres no apparently connection with any serie, and i am extremly sure they will not have any connection , not even the manga connects the series , and is not an if story , because the grand father of lan is same as dr. light , but dont have the name , and dr. wily is alive since all this years is just a human , does that guy is eternal or what ? , thats why mmbnt cant be connected.

about legends series that is only two games theres no end in history is just a try to create a new serie , so i think it just must be forgot , in this serie mega man is an alien creation , so is crazy , and roll is human , so i think legend must be forgot because theres no more legend series.

in the other side the other 3 series MMX, MM and MMZ , are obviously connected , mega man always upgrade himself so dosent matter many that his appearance change in zero series , like in command mission mega man has a new type of chest part that have white and the arms too with some red crystals , that the normal x dont have before , zero is the one who make all connections , he remember that he killed willy when it was created , then it says that he awakes in that time for first time , that means that some one make him rest in a way and after that in theory dr. light learn about zero and update mega man so it becomes x , a friend said a time ago that he heard that when zero appear mega man team ( protoman , roll , bass , rush , beat , treble and mega man ) go after him but all where defeated and dr. light with the parts of all create x , but if that where true x must have a shield , and the ability to shoot all direction style axl (continues shot), with other more abilities that the others have , i think that the connection is that zero was just faint by mega man with sacrifice of all , dr. light upgrade mega man to x level so it will be like zero they put zero on the capsule near from x , in a way that if zero is awake x too , and that pass in the mega man x5 the researchers story they said that zero was found first, then x capsule was activated and they found x, well the connection between mega man classic and mega man x is still confusing , but is there , about mega man zero and mega man x the connection is obviously , in mmz3 weil said that he was in charge of upgrade the zero body so thats why omega has the new body too.

theres just a problem there until zero has the end of entering a capsule saying that he will awake until he is really need , and after that zero havent continue seeing that images of past , so this is a good thing to think , is the zero we are using since x6 is the real zero O.o?, maybe the mysterious doctor (the way it says in the end of x5) is dr weil , well is a theory .

about the appear of axl , if the elf wars are coming , we are talking about a huge war , many more than just 8 robots , x needs a team , x and zero alone is many , axl join the team , so i think this is just the preview of creating a team that will guide reploids , humans and hunters to the war , i think a second idea of creating mega man command mission , is that capcom is not sure of who can be the new caracthers on the team, so they put a lot of them new on command mission to see who the people like more and then put them, well all we have is to wait until x9 appears, x9 maybe will appear like on december no?????

Posted by Arczu

Where did you get all this information... a manga? I have to re-read that, but that sounds somewhat logical to me.

Seriously, how did you come up with all this information? It's blowing my mind away.

Posted by TheCopyCat

jejeje XP i have follow mega man since i was 5 years , i have collect all his games XP , long time ago there was a mega man x series manga and network is an anime , anime come from mangas O.O !!, but i have seen some pages of it.

Posted by megaman 2

please shut up dumbguy not to be insulting but megaman x rules and ilike all of it

Posted by megaman 2

i love all of megaman x dont you a\dare insult it

Posted by megaman 2

i love megaman x dont insult it ever next time you say anything bad about it i will sue you undersandtand good now go away sucker!

Posted by megaman 2

oh and did i mention megaman x7 is the BEST SHUT YOUR MOUTH ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Pit

Use the "EDIT" button. Thanks.

Posted by megaman 2

huh what do you mean?

Posted by Arczu

He means: stop posting like a fanboyish iiiiiidiot. Use the edit button if you got more to say before another post comes. "sue"... what the hell...

The X games may be getting out of hand. I still get a kick out of playing them, but the trouble I encountered in X7 was really furstrating (especially during the last boss, always knocking you off the edge... the bum) No game is perfect, but it should have a balance between most of the elements.

Posted by Poco

Megaman X has declined, terribly. I only play the Zero games now, as they are difficult/fun. Megaman X just sucks now.

Posted by Outlaw

Quoting Pit: Megaman Zero came out before X7. It's obvious that the character wasn't even created by that time... I mean, how can you just make that statement sir?

Megaman Zero came out b4 X7 true, but you gotta remember that the game itself takes place after the events that occured in the X Series, including those that are still to come. We'l probably get to find out what exactly happened to X, Sigma and Zero in the upcoming X9, if not X10...or 11..

who knows

Posted by Arczu

There isn't much hope the way things stand now. X8 was definately a push in the right direction, but all sorts of other problems exist.

Maybe they should return to their roots like X4 was up in. It's the gameplay that we all love. Put in a good story, then it's perfect. The way thing are now, only average gamers jump into this games, while the fans drown in the pool of frustration experiencing all the flaws and whatnot.

Posted by Masuyo T3h Ninja

Honestly, I'd like to see Mega Man 9. No X, no Battle Network, jus the original Mega Man. I already started a topic about this long ago, though.