Sweeney Todd...

Posted by Bebop

...looks crap. Johnny Depp can't sing so why cast him in a musical? Christ he hasn't learnt to stop talking like Jack Sparrow yet.

Posted by S

Going to watch it and going to enjoy it.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I'll watch it eventually. Probably not in theatres, though.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'll see it day of after AvP. ALL RIGHT!

Posted by NeXidala

Uhm, saw the previews for this movie today. To tell you the truth, I have no ****ing idea what it is about. It seems to me (I'm probably wrong) that the movie is about a man who does other peoples' bidding by killing them while "giving them a shave". I don't know, commercial wasn't too clear about it, IMO.

Posted by Red

I want to see this film. the trailer made it look good imo. btw this argument is really awesome keep at it (^^)b

Posted by Xero

I'll rent it when it comes out on DVD.

Posted by NeXidala

Lol, argument deleted.

split*

Posted by Skitzo Control

The thread split was dumb. We were discussing the movie, so let us ****ing discuss the movie. If you don't want to see the argument, you don't have to open the thread.

Mods had a lapse of judgement on this one.
---
Bebop, perhaps you should check out this:
[youtube=0FLeKvZdNs8]0FLeKvZdNs8[/youtube]
This is the opening song to Sweeney Todd (excluding The Ballad of Sweeney Todd that opens the film), No Place Like London. You can hear the remorse and sorrow in Depp's voice, perfectly placing in one's head what is planned for this character, especially with the stark contrast of Anthony (played suprisingly well by Jamie Campbell Power).

Of course, I don't think it compares to George Hearn's portrayal, but, hey, I don't think anybody expected Depp to be that good.

Quoted post: The thread split was dumb. We were discussing the movie, so let us ****ing discuss the movie. If you don't want to see the argument, you don't have to open the thread.

Mods had a lapse of judgement on this one.

drrrrrrrrr, this was the original thread. The other thread was split from this one a long time ago because of how stupid it was. From there the same argument repeated itself on every page. And it was Bebop. You really think you're going to convince him otherwise? No lapse of judgment at all.

Posted by Tyler Durden

Shut the **** up and just watch A Nightmare on Elm St, if that makes you happy Bebop. I mean, srsly.. omfg Johnny Depp dies in that atleast, if that'll stop your incessant whining. Do you need a band-aid for your bleeding vagina?!

Posted by Skitzo Control

He keeps a box of Puffs with lotion nearby for when Julia Roberts dies, too.:)