Fall Update 2007

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

EUROPE GOT SHAFTED AGAIN LOL

... Though what we got is alright. Expanded user profiles are welcome, and they seem to have refined the firmware code considerably - no loading lags while moving between menus, and the Guide appears and disappears seamlessly. Though Europe is still denied a Video Marketplace or Major's Minute. :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

HECK YEAH gonna see if my xbawks will accept this.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I've already downloaded it, I don't see much of a difference. Maybe it's because I don't pay much attention? I don't really much care, honestly.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Not downloading it until all the problems are worked out. Cause knowing my luck, I'll get ****ed over like quite a few other people who tried to download it.

Also, X, I'm pretty sure you get the video store on the 11th. Canada, however, still has to wait.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Wait, what happened when they got ****ed over? I thought it wouldn't let you sign into live until you downloaded the update anyways.

After you download it you can't sign into live and you're forced to delete your profile and recover it to get it working, but you can't recover it. Or your profile is just deleted anyways. Or you system is bricked. Or it lags out the doashboard and various games horribly. et cetera.

You know something's wrong when xbox.com is down.

Posted by Kit

Seems to work, just takes ages to load, in my case. Once it does it seems to be fine.

Looks like everything's working pretty well now. I like how **** fades in and out and how quickly the dashboard works. Though I noticed Canada doesn't get the Inside Xbox thing, which suits me just fine because I thought that feature was garbage and just forced me to navigate to my messages. Hooray.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

We've got Inside XBox, but it's some European community fag. :(

Anyway, now that I've read about the video store, I'm not interested again. 350 points for Superman III? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Yeah, it's be cool if it was free... but I'm not paying for movies and shows I can download for free off the net. I just want all the free **** america gets :(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Japan got the video marketplace yesterday, with quite a lot of free animu. The ****? There must a 10:1 ratio of euroboxes to weeaboxes.

Keep in mind, though the box is doing ****-poor over there, MS still cares more about Japan than Europe.

Very sad.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Okay. Niche issue, but:

After this update the 360 can no longer output mono sound.

This is highly annoying.

You must be the only one that cares.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, Willeth appears for the first time in weeks on the internet to say THAT?

jee wizz grandma

Posted by cool gamer dad

This update would be awesome if it worked most of the time! The freezing has been fixed, but my friend's mottoes just don't show up. Usually.

Posted by Skitzo Control

It was a pain in the *** to attempt to play a game when everybody was downloading the update. CoD4 wouldn't work.:(
---
I don't know about all of you, but I don't notice much of a difference. Am I doing it wrong?

Yeah, you are.

Also, the mottos don't show up because they, for some reason, don't load up right away. If you stay on that page for awhile they'll eventually load, otherwise you won't see them. Kinda dumb, but I have a feeling they'll speed that up this spring.