Actiblizzion presents: COD5, GH4 and... a racing game?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[IMG]http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/user/1/13461-57369-COD5jpg-noscale.jpg[/IMG]

[URL]http://www.vivendi.com/corp/en/Activision_Blizzard/fic[/URL]hiers/20071203_EN_factSheet.pdf

Well, that was quick. COD5 better not be a cash-in of the COD3 vein.

Posted by Borealis

I'll stay hopeful that they're just drawin' sketches about it to stay productive.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Just cause it's announced doesn't mean it's going to be out any time soon. Once we find out who the developer is we'll know for sure though. Anyone but IW? Garbage.

Posted by Axis

I'm looking forward to the racing game from Bizarre.

Oh and Call of Duty 5... if it isn't developed by Treyarch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty_5

Quoted post: Developer Treyarch

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

NOOOOOOOOOO!

I honestly feel like crying. :(

It's like they're making it into the ****ing splinter cell series. One awesome game followed by a bad game followed by an awesome game followed by bad, etc. I guess the money is just too tempting to leave the series out for a year. Christ. I just hope, now with two CoD games under their belt, Treyarch knows how to make a decent game.

Posted by Moogs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

***, why do they do this?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

What is the world coming to. :(

Posted by muffla

im lookin forward to a james bond game for the 360. i kno this sounds hopful, but i hope it dsnt suck

Actually, thank *** it's a ****ty CoD. Cause now I can play RSV2 without any distractions.

Posted by Skitzo Control

You should never be thankful for ****ty games.:(
---
I just went through the list of games Treyarch has developed, and only two of them were any good, and both of them happened to be Spider-Man games. Bad track record? I think so.

and those spider-man games were pretty weak all things considered

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Spider-Man 2 was sorta like Assassin's Creed - repetitive as hell, but fun to explore the world and play around with the gameplay mechanics.

I didn't even remember Treyarch made the Spidey games. 3 was awful, which is surprising, considering every Spider-Man game beforehand had been a gradual improvement over its predecessor.

I always thought it was pretty bad if you ask me. The world was just so boring. Prototype looks to be a better Spider-Man than Spider-Man.

Posted by muffla

a while back i heard that gh4 was gonna be a tribute to aerosmith can anybody confirm or deny this?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=muffla;792829]a while back i heard that gh4 was gonna be a tribute to aerosmith can anybody confirm or deny this?
Yep, totally true. 7 tiers of Aerosmith ****.

Quoted post: On September 4, 2007, Billboard announced that the band Aerosmith was "working closely with the makers of Guitar Hero IV, which will be dedicated to the Boston group's music."[8] Guitar Hero IV was also confirmed as in development following the announcement of the acquisition of Activision by Vivendi Games in December 2007.[9]

To expand on what the X said. In other words... Guitar Hero is pretty much dead now that III is out.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Eh, GHIII isn't all that great, as it is.:(

Posted by Speedfreak

Still waiting on the European-orientated Guitar Hero, which would basically be Brit-orientated because the rest of Europe sucks at the musics. Oh, and Chuck Berry. Guitar Heroing Blur's Song 2 would be awesome.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Guitar Hero 3 had an entire tier dedicated to British music, dude.

Plus The Stone Roses, Iron Maiden, The Who, Rolling Stones, Bloc Party, the Kaiser Chiefs and Muse were all in there too, outwith the British tier. The UK was represented pretty well.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting The X: Guitar Hero 3 had an entire tier dedicated to British music, dude.

Plus The Stone Roses, Iron Maiden, The Who, Rolling Stones, Bloc Party, the Kaiser Chiefs and Muse were all in there too, outwith the British tier. The UK was represented pretty well.

Wait, are you talking about the European invasion thing? Because I don't want to call you on this if you're not... (the tiers are about stages in your career, not where the music's from, there's only two European bands in European invasion)

But if that's not what you meant then my bad, I don't even have Guitar Hero 3 so I may be totally missing something.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Okay, checking back, Sonic Youth and Weezer are in that tier. But still! 14 British songs is pretty good.

Posted by Speedfreak

I don't see any Blur, Oasis or T-Rex so I'm not satisfied.

Posted by G-Sides

Quoting The X: Guitar Hero 3 had an entire tier dedicated to British music, dude.

can't forget sex pistols 8-)

and i don't get the fuss, i actually kind of like guitar hero 3 :( after playing rockband, though...

GHIII is quite good, not as good as Rock Band, but it's a lot cheaper and just as fun. It's just that GHIV is shaping up to be ****, so the series is likely effectively dead.

Posted by Skitzo Control

I don't enjoy it.:(
---
I'm now not at all worried about how good CoD5 is going to be. I have more pressing matters, like masturbation, shaving, and using Chapstick I find on the street.

Not everyone's going to enjoy it.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I hope the next James Bond will be on Wii and be a first person and be like night fire or under fire!

More like Everything or Nothing. Only good James Bond game since Goldeneye.

Posted by Shade

I dunno man, Nightfire was pretty fun.

Posted by Zelda_Guy

I like the 1st Person James Bond games. Isn't Everything or Nothing 3rd person?

Posted by muffla

aparently there will be four gh titles out this year and the aerosmith one will be on its own like rock the 80's was

source:http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/681902/Four_Guitar_Hero_Games_In_08.html

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Elvis Costello edition? PLEASE