Super Mod switch-up?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

COMPLETELY POINTLESS? maybe

But get rid of dexter and replace him with Solrock or myself. It's pretty annoying banning spammers and then not being able to delete the post/thread until the following day where another mod/super mod notices it. That, or mod sorlrock to more boards. Don't know if he wants it, but we're really the only two that ban spammers and whatnot.

Again, probably a pointless request since nothing will be done, but idk, it'd just be nice to get rid of spam quicker.

Posted by Linko_16

DON'T WORRY, VAMP, APRIL'S NOT TOO FAR OFF.

I second. Either Vamp or Solrok would probably be fine. He's right, I do end up deleting a lot of spam threads, and the spammers are always banned before I do so... if that's you guys, then you deserve the power to finish the job.

Posted by Jesse Smith

How about WackoLover!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by S

I'd call bull**** if you guys actually spelled my name right. I'm flattered.

I could see the strength to it, being that I have like no life? Seriously though, I doubt I'd be a good choice on the personal level. Vamp would probably work better in that regard, he's more influential on a person to person basis. The only problem I have with that, no offense Vamp to you at all, is just that I think you and Iris may cancel each other out. I respect Iris' opinion, and know you've got a pretty good perceptive head on you, but you two obviously differ. The only reason I feel that you back down, however, is the difference in power. Iris over-rules you, and that's usually why you concede. If you're equal though? I think that could lead to some issues here or there.

Stalolin would be a good S-mod in my opinion as well. So I'm going to nominate him to this "List-that-doesn't-matter-because-Jesse-is-lazy."

Posted by Linko_16

'LOLIN FOR SUPER MOD '08?

I honestly don't care about "super mod" aspect to it, I just want to be able to get rid of the spam I come across. The only problems Iris ever has with me currently is banning people that may or may not've deserved it, and that wouldn't change much if I was a super mod, even then I don't really care. Just the spam bots and stuff of that ilk.

And lolin would be a terrible choice. He doesn't even seem interested in this site anymore. X is better than him at this point if you're looking for someone on a "personal level." Though, that's really moot. Which is why I said you, Sorlock. If I don't ban the person you do and vise versa. I just want a janitor I guess, someone quick. I don't care about anything else related to it really.

Posted by S

Ok then, works for me.

Or, mod us both. Like I said, often he'll get something when I'm not on and I'll do the same when he's not. Problem solved.

Posted by Ant

hey guys what's going on here?

Posted by Iris

Hmm. Replacing Dexter is only a viable idea if he's not willing to come back and be far more active. I'd rather not get rid of him without giving him a chance to defend himself. Let's give him a while to respond and maybe give an argument as to why he's active enough to keep the spot.

The nominees? Solrok and Vamp are all right people. I'll have to agree with what Solrok said though, that I can see a lot of tension and problems arriving when Vamp is on my level, so I really don't know. Besides that though, I personally think I, as well as Linko, Linkman, and Speedfreak do a good job cleaning up spam. I check the new posts list pretty often and intercept a lot of it, so I know we're not just skipping over it and ignoring it. What's important about getting it deleted in 1 minute rather than getting it deleted in 20 after a super mod comes on? I think the two of you are doing a great job giving out infractions, but besides a few moonspeakers and whoever's constantly spamming the music board, we don't have enough spam to need to take more defensive measures.

Posted by Stalolin

Yeah, don't choose me.

Thanks for the nomination though!

Posted by Jesse Smith

[QUOTE=S

Quoted post: Hmm. Replacing Dexter is only a viable idea if he's not willing to come back and be far more active. I'd rather not get rid of him without giving him a chance to defend himself. Let's give him a while to respond and maybe give an argument as to why he's active enough to keep the spot.

Cause he's in Japan maybe? idk

And a lot of spam hangs around for awhile.
Like this:
http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=787762&postcount=34
And this:
http://www.vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=787758&postcount=373

Posted by Iris

I'm not entirely sure, but I think there's computers in Japan too!

Also, you can't honestly expect every super mod to check every single thread. We get the spam threads, but it's much more difficult to check non-spam threads for spam when we wouldn't normally read it. We don't need a super-mod for every thread though. We generally read most of them as a whole and we have the integrity to weed out spam while doing so. If we get a whole area that doesn't get any attention then it'll be necessary to find a mod who frequents it.

Quoted post: I'm not entirely sure, but I think there's computers in Japan too!

Clearly he's more focused on his job and experiencing a whole new country to really worry about VGC.

Quoted post:
Also, you can't honestly expect every super mod to check every single thread. We get the spam threads, but it's much more difficult to check non-spam threads for spam when we wouldn't normally read it.

idk, I seem to catch nearly all of it no problem. So does Solrock. I just don't see why you're so dead-set against the idea. Not like it's hurting anything at all. It's only beneficial.

Posted by Iris

I'm not concerned either way, I'm simply against adding people into the position when it's not out of necessity.

Also, if you have the time to read every thread and check for spam then, well, you have your own problems to hash out.

Posted by S

I get bored at work, okay? ._.

Posted by Linkman

I'm all for modding Vamp.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Iris: Also, you can't honestly expect every super mod to check every single thread.

That just seems like more of a reason to mod one or two guys who do check, like, the whole site. Both Vamp and Solrok generally post in almost every forum.

Posted by Fate

If we're lucky something will come of this! *oscar*

Posted by Ant

De-supermod Dexter and Speedfreak.

Like previously stated, Dexter is Japan at the moment. And even before that, he wasn't around much anyways. As for the future, I could only guess that he wouldn't really make much good of his position.

As for Speedfreak, his main area of conern appears to be the Gaming Boards. So why not just make him back to a regular mod?

So with those two out, Solrok and Vamp(or myself COUGH) can take over their respective positions.

Or hell, why not just add them on anyways. I see no harm coming from it.

Posted by Linko_16

If we reach a decision as a whole (in this case I wouldn't suggest a poll, but to come to a conclusion we all are comfortable with unanimously) and PM Jessie as a way of showing it's a choice we all are making, I'm sure he'll be fine with it.

EDIT - Ninja'd. I don't see a reason to mod Speedfreak to four, five or more boards when he can do his job fine as a Super Mod. If were abusing powers elsewhere, maybe, but he's not.

It's not like we have to have a fixed amount of Super Mods. If modding Solrok and Vamp would be best, it's not like we have to demod anyone besides Dexter to make that happen.

Posted by Iris

I'm going to dislike not being able to ban Vamp, though I knew this would eventually happen. Whatever, do what you want.

Also, don't de-mod Speedfreak. That's silly.

Posted by S

Agreed, Speedy is fine where he's at.

So have we come to a decision? If so, as Fate said, hopefully something will actually happen.

Posted by Fate

Haw haw! Hope! :cheer:

Posted by S

So how is a consensus to be made?

Posted by Ant

a poll

Posted by S

Linko suggested no poll?

Send a PM Linko.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linko_16: PM Jessie.

Ack!!! Did he call me a girl!!!! :eek::eek: :D

I nominate Wacko Lover for a Super Mod spot!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Send a PM Linko.

I would, but we haven't actually agreed yet whether it'd be you, Solrok, or both.

And we don't seem to be able to decide any other way, so poll get. Gimme a sec...

Posted by Linko_16

Okay, here's the poll, which I'm just going to merge with our old topic. I think it's generally accepted that as long as Dexter isn't here, it's okay to demod him for now, so I didn't include the option to keep him in the poll. Vote for what you think is best, or vote to say that you don't mind either way, and I think everyone's opinions will be fairly represented.

Posted by Linko_16

If you have strong feelings or justifications about your poll vote (why you don't think we need Vamp or Sol, why you think they need both instead of just one, et cetera), feel free to restate them. A strong argument for one particular option may help in the case of a tie.

Posted by S

I think it'd be nice to have an S-mod dedicated to clearing up spam. I think two may be a little over-kill, but Vamp does have a point; both him and I are on at varying points of the day and scan pretty well.

Posted by Jesse Smith

*yawn* He's been gone less than a week!! *yawn*
http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=5

You guys just don't like him!!!!

Quoted post: Last Activity: 10-29-2007 10:45 PM

That was actually over a month ago.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er....!!!! OK, some one hit me on da head with a hammer!!!!!!!!! My brain doesn't know if it's November 3rd or December 3rd!!!! :D:D:D:D

er, did he say how long he would be gone!!!!

Yeah. At least three months from what I remember (assuming few is three,) then he'll be heading off somewhere else.

Posted by Ant

I love how in important stuff like this a full day later only six people have managed to vote.

Yeah, that's all the active mods.

:cookie:

Posted by Linkman

Modding people because of high activity never turns out as good as people think it will. In fact, because the person spends so much of time on VGC, it usually just leads to unnecessary and fatuous modding. I guess if we're going to need a new Super Mod, Vamp is the best choice. Solrok is just pushing it though.

I'd rather have active mods (you know, like mods you posted in important threads like this one) than dead mods who came around from time to time to check their boards. I honestly can't see Solrock overmodding or doing anything stupid. And I'd say my boards are lookin' awwight.

Posted by S

I've pulled a bonehead here and there. Not helping my case but its the truth.

Not like Linkman or anyone else here is innocent.

Posted by Linkman

Far from. I basically meant adding 2 new super mods. So between Vamp and Solrok, Vamp wins. Sorry Solrok. :(

Posted by S

No offense taken what-so-ever, no need to apologize. This was a surprise to me as it is.

Posted by Jesse Smith

WackoLover is active!!!! He would make a great....fake Super Moderator!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Iris

If we need one for any reason, they're both equally deserving in my opinion. If we need a mod (though I honestly don't think we do :x) then you might as well mod both.

Posted by S

So now what? Mod Vamp or what?

3 for any of the above, and since mod both sol and I has more votes than any other category besides "any of the above" looks like that's the case!

So there you go, mod sol and I seems to be the choice.

Posted by Ant

the elite 7 have chosen for the vgc community. now I know why no one wants anymore mods. makes you feel all special and sparkly inside :D

yeah, it's badass when **** takes forever to get done

Posted by Linko_16

PM'd Jesse and he said he'd get right on it.

Which means he might do it in a week or so if we're lucky.

life of a wacko

Posted by Jesse Smith

tick, tock, tick, tock....So, how long do I have to wait to keep from destroying da tradition of being very lazy!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Iris

Take your time. Jesse Smith.

at least until thursday. Any sooner and I don't think any of us could handle it. The realization that, maybe just maybe, you aren't a wacko and might do something on time may cause our very brains to melt.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!!! Are you guys being serious, or :rolleyes:!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Depends if you truly believe.

Posted by Crono

Cmon now Ant, I can't be checking in here every day. My loliraqinet doesn't always work.

Quoted post: I can't be checking in here every two weeks

more apt

Posted by Linko_16

Jesse finally did it. Congrats, Vamp and Sol.

Posted by S

O_o

Weird. Thanks Jesse, and everyone else.

Posted by Iris

I feel a strong disturbance in the North.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Bah!!!! He didn't wait long enough to do it!!!! Oh, wait...

Posted by Crono

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: more apt

Ouch, the truth stings.

You've seen my forum though, seriously. I've been the mod of Sim Battle for years and I've deleted maybe, 2 threads? I spend more time cleaning out old character profiles for banned users than I do actual reporting or deleting spam most of the time. =\

Posted by S

I've deleted quite a few, however. I'm pretty anal about keeping the sim forum clean.

Posted by Crono

Well, the only time we see much is if someone cannons their crap into our forum. -_-

Posted by Ant

shhhhhhh, shhhhh, shhhh.

Oh, and speedfreak doesn't even bother to check the mod board. I mean, come on.

Speedfreak didn't even know mods could ban people. lol

Posted by Crono

I only have two forums subscribed to so I only really check this one because the little check mark turns yellow on occasion.

The other is Sim Battle and that one stays gray for weeks at a time =P

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Ant;794904]shhhhhhh, shhhhh, shhhh.

Oh, and speedfreak doesn't even bother to check the mod board. I mean, come on.

Well maybe if you guys made it a board worth looking at I'd check it more often. Most of the time it's vote-for-eachother circle jerking and people being modded for no damn reason.

Why wasn't The X given a Super Mod position rather than Vamp or Solrok? At least having an extra mod in this time zone actually has a point, I'm still waiting on an explanation for why we even need two more anyway.

Posted by S

A board worth checking? I think it's probably pretty important, as a super mod especially, to at the very least keep tabs on what's going on; even if it is mindless drivel, as you seem to think.

Also:

[QUOTE=S

http://www.vgchat.com/forumdisplay.php?f=184

lol?

Posted by S

Wow. I'm heartless.

Posted by Dexter

This idea was so wrong. Everyone knew I was going to be away for awhile. You guys didn't think I would return?

Posted by Linko_16

I was told you were gone for months and months.

Posted by S

Quoting Jesse Smith on 12-03-2007, at 03:07 PM : *yawn* He's been gone less than a week!! *yawn*
http://www.vgchat.com/member.php?u=5

You guys just don't like him!!!!

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: That was actually over a month ago.

Posted by Dexter

I think I told the forums that I would be gone for about two months due to some work I had in Japan, which was about right.

Posted by S

Just validating what he said; you were in fact gone for months. So it's not as if Linko was mislead.

HAHAHA, IT WAS ALL A GRAND SCHEME

no, but yeah, you said a few months and you were gone for what's considered a few: three.

Posted by Dexter

Not even two.

felt like three

Posted by Dexter

I missed you, too.

;_;