New Queen song?!

Posted by Omni

http://www.queenonline.com/sayitsnottrue

It's actually Queen featuring Paul Rodgers. The title is "Say It's Not True" if you didn't guess by the URL. You can download it for free if you enter your name and information. You'll probably notice the big AIDS-awareness thing on the page. This song is to help promote the new album they're recording. It just seems like an obvious cash grab to me, even if it's being done behind an AIDS-awareness banner. If Freddie Mercury won't be on it, it won't really be Queen.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Queen: If Freddie Mercury won't be on it, it won't really be Queen.

Agree'd

Posted by Shade

Quoting Arcadios: Agree'd

That is an idiotic use of an apostrophe.

Anyway, Queen without Freddie? Not interested.

Posted by Xero

Yeah if Freddie Mercury isn't singing this song, then I do not want to hear.

Posted by Omni

There's plenty of Queen songs without Freddie's vocals, and some of them are actually pretty good. Yet there's never been an entire album without his contributions, nor should there be. It's a cash in, big time.

Posted by Arcadios

Yea, Freddie could've gone solo from the beginning.
Mr.Bad Guy speaks for the above statement.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

No thanks. Hopefully they'll donate a large portion of the money to AIDS research, so a cash-in won't seem all that bad.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Arcadios: Yea, Freddie could've gone solo from the beginning.
Mr.Bad Guy speaks for the above statement.

They got turned down by record labels when the band was called Smile, and then they got Freddie in when his other band split up. So he changed the name of the band to Queen and took control of their musical direction. Suddenly, FAME AND FORTUNE AND SONGS POPULAR TO THIS VERY DAY!

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: No thanks. Hopefully they'll donate a large portion of the money to AIDS research, so a cash-in won't seem all that bad.

Yeah, that's about the only good that will come of it.

Posted by Richaod

It's a free song by a good band, why would you not listen to it? If Brian May, John Deacon and Roger Taylor formed a different band with Paul Rodgers, then released a free single, you'd probably download it simply out of interest for what they're doing now.

I haven't gotten around to listening to it myself. But since when did a free download constitute a "cash grab"? It's not like they're KISS or anything.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: you'd probably download it simply out of interest for what they're doing now.

I wouldn't.

Quoted post: But since when did a free download constitute a "cash grab"?

Since they were releasing a new album under the name Queen? idk

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Arcadios: Agree'd

It's a **** shame they broke up. Bring Freddie back!

Posted by Shade

I'm still only an Apprentice Necromage. Give it time.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Richaod: It's a free song by a good band, why would you not listen to it? If Brian May, John Deacon and Roger Taylor formed a different band with Paul Rodgers, then released a free single, you'd probably download it simply out of interest for what they're doing now.

Actually, I probably wouldn't, since I'm not interested in their solo work. The only Queen member that released solo music that I enjoy is Freddie Mercury.

[quote]I haven't gotten around to listening to it myself. But since when did a free download constitute a "cash grab"? It's not like they're KISS or anything.

Maybe because they're releasing an album without Freddie Mercury, the clear band leader who at least 99% of people will think of whenever the band is mentioned. He's also the one who came up with the band name and who was largely responsible for their change in musical direction and success. It's something you can't even attempt to argue. This is all entirely excluding mention of the fact that John Deacon is no longer playing with them. It's funny how the last thing he played on was the "No-One but You (Only the Good Die Young)" single, which was largely a tribute to Freddie Mercury and other rock luminaries who died early.