That's it guys.

Posted by Roger Smith

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183388.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

Nintendo is slowly killing the planet with it's innovations and family fun.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

HOW MUCH DID SONY PAY THEM?

Posted by Roger Smith

ENOUGH APPARENTLY.

Posted by NeXidala

Oh come on. Those have to be rigged.

Posted by Big Boss

[quote]Nintendo managed to score 0 out of 10, which, according to Greenpeace, makes them the first-ever global brand to score nothing across all criteria.

LOL!

Posted by Linko_16

Wow. Solrok should mention this in his speech to ban videogames.

Posted by Roger Smith

Wow, yeah actually. Someone get this thread to Solrok.

Posted by Zeta

lol greenpeace

Posted by S

How the **** do you get a 0 across all scores? Is Mario the Captain Planet's arch-nemesis or what?

Posted by MottaTheHutt

[center]Spoiler[/center]
[spoiler]Earth is the last boss in Galaxy![/spoiler]

Posted by Arcadios

That's it. Nintendo is finished.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

They don't even say why Nintendo scored a 0.

Posted by Speedfreak

Nintendo scored zero because Greenpeace couldn't find any info. Yeah, that's right, they tried to make a company sound **** because they were too lazy to do any proper research.

I knew hippies were lazy bums but Christ.

Posted by oxpecker123

the angry nintendo nerd must be angry

Posted by Prince Shondronai

What about all of those broken playstations and ps2s cluttering up landfills, huh?

Posted by Borealis

It's pretty hard to believe that Nintendo, making the simplest of designs in their hardware and software could be destroying the planet, where the PS3, that looks like a nuclear microwave is doing the best for it. It's evident that Sony took the largest load out of their *** to Greenpeace to get any credibility they could, while Microsoft and especially Nintendo couldn't care less about some low, unknown guide no one's going to pay attention to, anyway.

Quoting Prince Shondronai: What about all of those broken playstations and ps2s cluttering up landfills, huh?

I should seriously rep people more often...

Posted by Zeta

Do you guys have any idea how much energy it takes to produce Nintendium?

Posted by Arcadios

It takes the power of two Super Novas to produce a pound of Nintendium.

Posted by Borealis

Stop going into the 8th gen this early, you two. Nintendo's world domination secrets are HUSH HUSH.

Quoted post: It takes the power of two Super Novas to produce a pound of Nintendium.

And the power of eight to keep a 360 running.

It's a good thing that the power of a supernova can be harnessed using the souls of only 10,000 newborn kittens.

Posted by Speedfreak

Prince can generate that amount of dead kittens in a single lonely evening.

Nobody's touching my energy supply. Sorry, California.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, doesn't the Wii use a lot less electricity compared to the 360 and PS3? That's got to count for something. Without sounding like a fanboy, Sony probably had major influence here. Their sponsored Variety review of Galaxy is proof they're trying to undermine Nintendo.

Posted by Speedfreak

I was thinking the same thing, Wii is 10 times more energy efficient than the other two.

I don't think Sony's behind a bunch of hippies being exceptionally stupid though. They wouldn't really need to be.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I read some of the report, and appearantly they rank the companies on how much they change their effect on the environment from the last report. Not their actual effect on it.

Am I the only one who thinks that's completely retarded?

I think everyone is in agreement with you. Why this is even news is beyond me.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Even if Nintendo really did deserve a 0, who honestly cares.

I care about myself and having what I want to do. not about the world after I am gone.

Posted by Speedfreak

Then you're sort of a tool to be honest.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=F1NALSMASH;787147]I care about myself and having what I want to do. not about the world after I am gone.
EDGY

I care, and I'll do small things to help, but nothing that requires major sacrifice. I'm pretty sure if we made small allowances, everything would be cool.

Eh. I eagerly await the zombie apocalypse that will surely follow when the polar icecaps melt sufficiently to release the deadly alien virus frozen therein into the atmosphere.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

hey thats not to say i don't recycle, or do anything that harms the earth. i do everything in my power to keep what i can effect the best it can be. i am just saying if something that produces good can cause any sort of pollution, i would rather counter it than do away with it.

Posted by Angerion the Brave

um... seeing as how ps3's are left in mountains in stores because nobody is buying them, I think the fact that there will be a land fill devoted to them negates their environmentally friendly manufacturing policy.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

What you're saying is that PS3 are going to be in landfills because they aren't selling? I think you mean they're going to be in Wal-Mart because they aren't selling. Sort of the same thing, but not really.

Posted by Fate

Wait, I get that you're trying to be funny but that statement really makes no sense since PS3s have been selling at Wal-Mart since the beginning. :confused:

Posted by Bebop

Fossil fules arent to blame for global warming, Nintendo is! Al Gore was right!

Posted by Big Boss

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183389.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=morenews&tag=morenews;title;12

[quote]Sales of the PlayStation 3 in North America were given a shot in the arm last week by the price cut, and more than tripled during the Thanksgiving holiday week. Sony has informed GameSpot that its newly discounted console saw a 245 percent increase in units sold in the week of November 18-24 compared to the previous week.

[UPDATE] From the introduction of the 40GB model on November 2nd to November 24, Sony says PS3 hardware sales have increased by a massive 298 percent. Though Sony did not provide is actual sales figures, one can extrapolate an estimate from the three-week period from the October NPD reports, which said 143,000 PS3s were sold in the US (121,000) and Canada (22,000) during the month. That means roughly 107,250 were sold in North America in three weeks last month.

If those sales stay constant through the end of the month, then roughly 429,000 PS3s were sold in the US and Canada during the month. That's a marked improvement for the console, which has not sold more than 200,000 units in a single month this year.

:confused:

Posted by Ant

we get it, you like sony.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Fate: Wait, I get that you're trying to be funny but that statement really makes no sense since PS3s have been selling at Wal-Mart since the beginning. :confused:

Not at my Wal-Mart. I could go pick two or three up, if I had the money/motivation.

WHOA, HOLD THE PHONE

a console sold a metric ****ton of units during and around the time of black friday? Unheard of.

Posted by Fate

I don't know, consoles or new games aren't usually marked down for Black Friday because the items themselves aren't sold to stores at a ridiculously high rate. At my store I purchase full-priced 360 games for only a 10% margin above what the store bought it for from the merchandiser and I usually only pay about three bucks less (which is nothing, really). So maybe not? The low-priced PS3s could've been an impulse buy.

Point is, they're expected to have an increase in sales. I mean, even the DS, who usually sells amazingly well month to month, sold what, 600,000 in three days? It's not the same, just an example.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Mario Galaxy was half price. Too bad I didn't know that until the day after. =/

Posted by Angerion the Brave

Oi, they are not selling purely because of cost. Everyone who wants one is waiting until they're cheaper, but by that coin once they're cheap enough Sony's new system will be out and the faddist gamers waiting to buy it will no longer get it and buy the new system. Logic people, logic.

And yes, they've sold many I mean people bought Jaguar and 3DO for crying out loud, but for every one that's sold they throw 15 more at a store. There will be an abundance of ps3's in store rooms long after it's time is over and I wouldn't be surprised if some stores final solution is to throw them all out to make room.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/clashoftheconsoles/

Saw that earlier today. LAAAAAAAAAWSUIT

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;786434]And the power of eight to keep a 360 running.

And about twenty two of them just to run the "Emotion Engine" on the PS2 :D.

You're an idiot.

Posted by Skitzo Control

Those were the absolute worst voice actors EVER.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I squirmed uncomfortably at Mario ****ting a mushroom.

Posted by Bebop

Pfft who cares? Recycling is just a fashion fad, green peace suck and trees and lame. I'd rather play Smash Bros than save a dolphin.