Funny Halo Moments

Posted by Phantom75230

Watch this video

[youtube=4o3G22wlUGQ]4o3G22wlUGQ[/youtube]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

One time when I was playing Halo 2, my brothers body was propped up against a wall in doggy-style position

That was much funnier than Halo 1 weapon mods.

Posted by Phantom75230

[youtube=zOOm587a5Zw]zOOm587a5Zw[/youtube]

Posted by cool gamer dad

The sleeping grunt isn't random. They're supposed to be sleeping in that part of the stage.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]"Humans! Don't be afraid! ... I have a banana for you!"

Actual Elite quote from Halo 2. I lol'd so hard.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Phantom75230

An elite trying to kill a marine but can't

[youtube=CJmiFgypV2A]CJmiFgypV2A[/youtube]

Posted by Roger Smith

Hah, I could watch that all day.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

You're easily entertained, my friend.

Posted by Roger Smith

Hey guys, have you met my friend Motta? Yeah he's a big grown man who doesn't laugh at **** and has a stern, no-nonsense attitude reminiscent of common RPG characters! :cookie:

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Shut up! We have to stick to the plan.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh right! -sticks myself with plasma and runs toward the Chief-

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Suicidal marine in Halo 3. HAHAHAHA

Posted by MottaTheHutt

You're getting off the point! This is hopeless. Now I'm a lame emo RPG character (Cloud)

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting MottaTheHutt: You're getting off the point! This is hopeless. Now I'm a lame emo RPG character (Cloud)

Squall* you noob

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Cloud is more emo than Squall

Also, Squall > Cloud, ftr

Posted by Roger Smith

Squall is the most emo character in FF >_>

Posted by MottaTheHutt

w/e

It's true. Cloud was like the most manly character when compared to Squall.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Whatever...

Posted by Roger Smith

Just admit your wrongness and we'll get on with our funny moments in Halo thread. =D

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Squall is from a better, less-overrated game.

Posted by Roger Smith

Oh ***.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Squall gets the ladies, because he doesn't let them die.

What? What? FVII ****ing sucked beyond belief... but FFVIII was way, way, way worse of a game. Like, it's not even funny how much worse it was.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

What's wrong with FFVIII? :(

Heh, I was just reading an article about it. Might as well post it:

Quoted post: What was the Hype?
A story by professional screenwriters, a soundtrack with even more Latin chanting, and no more deformed popeye-armed characters. Everything will be lavish and lifelike and written by people who know how to tell a good story instead of cramming it full of anime tropes. Hey, did you see that opening cinematic? Those guys were wailing the hell out of each other and that choir was going nuts. I bet they must have been battling it out over something really, really important. I mean, no way was it a literal schoolyard scuffle or anything.

How did it Fail?
FF8 did a lot of things wrong. Drawing was tedious and the junctioning system was abstract to the point of meaninglessness, for starters. But chief among them, as far as most people seem to be concerned, was that it wasn't Final Fantasy VII part 2. Say what you will about 7... and you probably do, loudly and often. At this point I think more man-years (or at least geek-years) have been spent *****ing out and/or praising Final Fantasy 7 than were ever blown actually playing the stupid thing. Complaining that FF8 lacked whatever made FF7 so compelling is kind of a moot point now, given that FF7 has received so many prequels, sequels and spinoffs that if they were counted as part of the main series they could start billing Final Fantasy as edutainment for how higher roman numerals work, in case we ever feel like reading the copyrights on old films.

Turkey Time Moment:
For a love story FF8 probably had the world's most awkward and inexplicable central romantic scene. Squall and Rinoa, who up to this point have barely spoken, just cleared out a spaceship full of aliens. She plops himself on his lap, the sappy Faye Wong soundtrack kicks in, and for the rest of the game they're... well, not exactly crazy for each other. They still barely talk. But hell, that's high school for you.

Basically it goes: FFII, FFVIII, FFVII. In terms of ****tiness that is.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Whatever dude. It's not great, but FFVIII wasn't that lame.

You forgot about IX. And X-2.

IX was better than VIII. Though yeah, they follow FVII in the list of **** Final Fantasies.

Posted by Moogs

Well, this seems to be way off topic.

Posted by Skitzo Control

How about we agree that Final Fantasy XI was the only good one and move on?
---
My favorite H1 moment was on Wizard, 2v2ing with Sauce as my teammate, against Rippon and Canada. We're actually doing really well, ahead 27-20 and controlling the powerups like no other. At one point, I threw a plasma grenade top mid, as a precautionary grenade. Apparently, Sauce, with a fresh camo, also threw his own plasma top mid as he jumped across to grab overshield. He turned around and jumped to Pistol platform, then started to jump across to top mid where we both naded. His nade blew up first, blowing mine from the top mid platform... and directly into his face. I didn't know where the nade came from, nor did he, and all I had to say was, "There's no ****ing way he stuck you." Then his screen pops, he dies, and all we can hear is Rippon and Canada laughing their asses off.

Posted by Kit

warhammer, RUNESCAPE OWNER and forge

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Haha, oh yeah. Warhammer was great.

Posted by angel of light

my friend adam was playing halo 2 on legendary. At one point, i dont remember when, but i remember a grunt screaming at my friend, "Dude, Your mom is hot!"

yesterday i was playing halo 2 on legendary. i was playing the level, the arbiter, and at one point, i killed a heretic elite, and it was screaming for 3 minutes.

The other day, Phantom (the one who started this thread) and i were playing halo 2 on outskirts, i had gotten the blind skull and we were slaughtering the covanent. Phantom killed an elite, and it hit the ground, then bounced into the air and spazzed out. this happened a second time shortly after.

Quoted post: How about we agree that Final Fantasy XI was the only good one and move on?

You're a faggot, dude.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Skitzo Control: How about we agree that Final Fantasy XI was the only good one and move on?
---
My favorite H1 moment was on Wizard, 2v2ing with Sauce as my teammate, against Rippon and Canada. We're actually doing really well, ahead 27-20 and controlling the powerups like no other. At one point, I threw a plasma grenade top mid, as a precautionary grenade. Apparently, Sauce, with a fresh camo, also threw his own plasma top mid as he jumped across to grab overshield. He turned around and jumped to Pistol platform, then started to jump across to top mid where we both naded. His nade blew up first, blowing mine from the top mid platform... and directly into his face. I didn't know where the nade came from, nor did he, and all I had to say was, "There's no ****ing way he stuck you." Then his screen pops, he dies, and all we can hear is Rippon and Canada laughing their asses off.

Tell them the one with Soul and throwing nades to snipe.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You're a faggot, dude.

Nah, he is not.

Bottom line is every final fantasy sucks, a ton.

My funny halo moment was killing every one as soon as they got up on top of terminal in Halo 2 messing around. not funny to anyone here, but it was a grand time.

[COLOR=Navy]I remembered another one... When you play as the arbiter and you go to find the index, when you're fighting the sentries, if you rescue most of the grunts and jackals, one of the grunts will say, "Arbiter! Our savior!" and then softer, "Stupid jackal, say thank you." Or something along those lines; the grunts are just too cute in that game, it made me feel bad for pistol whipping them while they slept in the first game.[/COLOR]

Posted by Skitzo Control

[quote=cats;786245]Tell them the one with Soul and throwing nades to snipe.I think you're talking about when...

One day, Cats, Soul, and I are FFAing on Lockout, the usual thing we did to warm up/wait for Flounder/Paco. Soul and I get in a fight on S2 (for those not in the know, that's the second level of the tower that the Sniper Rifle spawns on, above where the Plasma Rifle spawns), and he kills me. I respawn at BR1 (again, for those not in the know, that's the bottom level of the tower which has the Battle Rifle at the top, or the floor where three Plasma Grenades and a Fusion Core lie), walk up the ramp and start throwing grenades at the Sniper Rifle's spawn point. I say over the mic so Soul and Cats can hear me, "I'm just going to continuously throw Plasma Grenades at the Sniper Rifle spawn, okay guys?" I throw grenade one, it blows up, I get nothing. I throw another grenadte, it blows up, I get nothing. I throw a third grenade, and see Soul jumping from Sniper spawn with a glowing blue ball on his face.

The funniest part is when I was laughing and Soul says, "It's not like it was anything special, it was your third grenade." I laugh even harder, because I got the stick even after telling him and Cats both I was going to spam-nade in that direction.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting F1NALSMASH: Nah, he is not.

Bottom line is every final fantasy sucks, a ton.

My funny halo moment was killing every one as soon as they got up on top of terminal in Halo 2 messing around. not funny to anyone here, but it was a grand time.

Wow stfu

Posted by Moogs

My funny moment was before they released the update and it took a way longer time to level up. 2 friends and I had convinced 13 people that we found the "golden warthog" on Headlong. They were all in our party and we made them all stand by each other on the broken bridge. They all waited for 30 minutes while we showed them some bogus way to get (we actually glitched a Gauss Warthog on a roof). We drove it off the roof and began shooting the gauss cannon at all of them. Ah, they were ****ed.

Posted by Slade

It's pretty hilarious pulling the "blue screen" prank on people. It's kind of like telling people you're going to show them the golden warthog. Once I led this guy through like 10 different things you had to do (crouch here, jump on this three times, etc.). Then I said, "okay, spin around twice and look at me" and stuck him on the face. He was all ****ed, and I asked him, "So, did you see the blue screen?"

Used that a few times to waste time and/or get an annoying kid to leave.

Posted by Phantom75230

Halo 2, where you kill regret, I told angeloflight to throw a plasma grenade at the sleeping grunt, he did, it jumped up and ran towards one of the elites and blew up killing it, the elite and about three other grunts

Posted by muffla

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/16171
this looked really cool, probobly just a glich tho

Posted by Shade

When this kid thought that score in Oddball went up by kills, and kept asking, "dude how do you have seventy kills already!?"

Posted by Phantom75230

I've been wondering how thats been happening!!! that and why it takes me 2 shots from a shotgun to kill someoen, and it takes them 1 from the same range

[quote=Phantom75230;802518]I've been wondering how thats been happening!!! that and why it takes me 2 shots from a shotgun to kill someoen, and it takes them 1 from the same range

They're probably getting head shots on you, while you're probably hitting the torso. Head shots do more damage with EVERY weapon.

Are they meleeing after real quick? Most people shoot their shotgun and follow it up with an immediate melee.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah. Even if someone's relatively far away, hold off on shooting until you're almost close enough to melee. Guaranteed KO.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I disagree. Good players will always back off if they see a shotgun, or if they even see someone running straight at them. It's almost always best to get a shot off with the shotgun from relatively close range, then pull out your BR and shoot them a couple of times in the face for the kill.

Or you could one shot them with the shotgun and not need to melee.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Nah. If you're close enough to one shot, throw in a safety melee unless they're throwing grenades at their feet or trying to stick you because the melee lunge can throw you into those kinds of things.

LAN is sometimes a different story.

Quoted post: Or you could one shot them with the shotgun and not need to melee.

Doesn't always kill them. It's just easier to reflexively melee. Plus, there's enough lunge to draw you into the other player to close the gap that'd otherwise not guarantee you a one-shot kill.

Posted by Phantom75230

someone came into a bubble shield and I threw a spike grenade inside the bubble shield and it killed them due to the fact that no gun shot ar explosion can enter or leave the shield.

I randomly threw a spike grenade at a wall and someone jumped up right at the right time to get a close, full blast from it.