Christmas tree is up!

Posted by Xero

Yup. We decorated the whole house today. A cute little family activity. I was in charge of the Christmas tree. Got a bit of help because it's a long process. Took me 2.5 hours.

Quality of the picture is a little bad.

And here's the elf who made it :p:

Anyone who have their Christmas tree up is invited to post pictures of it in this thread ;)

Posted by TimeSkipz

[IMG]http://www.megsworld.net/archives/christmas%20tree.JPG[/IMG]
It's November, the trees usually up in December.

Posted by maian

We usually get ours the day after Thanksgiving. Haven't this year. Shame.

Anyway, the Christmas tree is one of my favorite parts about Christmas. Even though we don't live in a huge house, our front room has a vaulted ceiling, so it's about 20 feet up to the ceiling. As a result, our Christmas trees are typically 15 to 20 feet tall. They're spectacular. We cut them down as well, so they have the fresh smell, and live for a long time. Since it's so big, I often sleep under it, as there's several feet of space at the bottom.

<3

Posted by Xero

Quoting TimeSkipz: [IMG]http://www.megsworld.net/archives/christmas%20tree.JPG[/IMG]
It's November, the trees usually up in December.

Sometimes we get it up in October. Christmas is the big family event for us. We were late this year. And it's my favourite time of the year.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Chris;784957]Sometimes we get it up in October. Christmas is the big family event for us. We were late this year. And it's my favourite time of the year.

I don't really look forward to Christmas because my parents are/were terrible at choosing presents (one year they got me a remote) so I always have to put on a show saying how much I love the gift they got me but in reality it sucks :(.

Posted by Xero

Why don't you tell them what you want? 0_o

Posted by Shade

Ours is usually up a week or so before Christmas. My family doesn't like celebrating earlier than we have to. It's pretty much a crime in my house to listen to Christmas music before December.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Why did a wise man give baby Jesus some gold? That just doesn't make sense...since everything else in the Bible does.

[topic] good work on the tree! :D [/topic]

Posted by Omni

The tree that Rddfag posted isn't his unless he owns the domain name megsworld.net and keeps archives of his pictures there, and he doesn't.

Posted by Ant

that bastard. we should all make fun of him for it.

nice tree christopher.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Queen: The tree that Rddfag posted isn't his unless he owns the domain name megsworld.net and keeps archives of his pictures there, and he doesn't.

Everything about him is fake yo.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Queen;785100]The tree that Rddfag posted isn't his unless he owns the domain name megsworld.net and keeps archives of his pictures there, and he doesn't.

I know, it was all for fun.

[quote=Chris;784983]Why don't you tell them what you want? 0_o

They're too stubborn to go buy expensive stuff, they think it's quantity over quality.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

We usually prop the artificial tree up around December 5th.

Posted by Nihilus

Sweet *** tree there Chris. Ours is goin' up this weekend. Although I'm kinda dreading it due to the fact that I have a one year old thats just learning how to walk. It should be a mess.

Posted by Shade

EDIT: nvm, got the stats wrong.

Babies are fun. :)

Posted by Xero

Well I don't know about you, but my brother was almost one when he started to walk. I think that's a pretty average age.

Posted by Nihilus

She just turned one. She's right on pace actually. A lot of kids don't start walking until after the first birthday. Trust me, she is a pretty smart baby.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah Shade stfu dude. Gosh.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I have a mini fiber optic tree, which I hauled out the other day and plugged in. I'd decorate it more with tinsel and the like, but then I'd have to keep moving it into my bedroom so my cat wouldn't eat it. I also bought a decorate your self wreath, which is pretty awesome looking. Unfortunately, no pics.

Posted by WillisGreeny

My bro and I will be asked soon to put up the **** tree. It's always been my family's tradition to wrap all the bulbs in toilet paper when putting the tree away, as if that would prevent shattering. It's better than nothing I suppose. I got some cool bulbs; Original TMNT cartoon bulb, Tiefighter, Grimis, M&M guys, Yoshi, and soon to have Mario jumping with cape. Ornaments make the tree. :D

Posted by Shade

I don't like ornaments. I prefer simple bulbs, some lights, tassle, done. Too much variety with the ornaments makes it look to chaotic for my tastes.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Not me. I see the tree as a shelf to display my collectables.

Posted by Shade

The only ornament I put up is the "holiday armadillo", as an homage to Friends.

Posted by Xero

The more there is on the tree, the more complete it looks to me. I love it when there are many kinds of decorations on it.

Posted by Roger Smith

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Roger_Smith0/Home%20shots/tree.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Xero

It's so thin 0_o

But it's nice. Having a lot of lights makes it look better.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Chris: It's so thin 0_o

So is your penis.

Posted by Nihilus

I'd rather have that big television than a bigger tree.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Roger Smith: So is your penis.

Proof that it wasn't you I was having sex with the other day.

@ Nihilus: Big screens are a waste of money in my opinion. My dad had a normal sized TV (about 24 inches by 24) and he decided to invest 1200$ on a much bigger screen where the quality of the image is horrible. I just don't see the point in having such a big TV.
It's only television....

Posted by Shade

Quoting Chris: Proof that it wasn't you I was having sex with the other day.

;)

Also, you gotta have a big TV. It's pretty much a necessity.

Posted by Xero

My dad seems seems to understand that necessity. I don't. I'll never buy a giant TV unless that's the only thing left on the market by the time I go buy my own.

Posted by Arcadios

Last time I remembered having a Christmas tree was when I got Super Mario Deluxe as a gift.

Oh how the times have changes. :(

Posted by Nihilus

Quoting Arcadios: Last time I remembered having a Christmas tree was when I got Super Mario Deluxe as a gift.

Oh how the times have changes. :(

Getting old sucks......

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Nihilus;786615]Getting old sucks......

To think when I was young I dreamed of being older, well theres nothing fun about paying bills, working, and going to school at the same time, I would kill to have my parents take care of everything for me :(.

Posted by Nazo

I'm the ****ing Grinch on Christmas. No tree, no lights on the house. Just minor decorations. It fails.

Posted by Xero

If you were the Grinch, you'd be going to people's house to steel all their decorations. ;)

Posted by Slade

We didn't have a tree last year, and it sucked. Normally we'd put up this 20 ft monster inside the house, and everything would smell and look awesome. I think the coolest ornament we have is from an old cereal box. It's that bear guy (maybe from corn pops?), and he plays a song when you squeeze him. Also, tons of M&M guys and little stuffed skiers and snowmen.

I'll have to see if my parents have a tree up at their place this time around. Hopefully they don't try to pull the whole "we're too busy" thing again.

Posted by Xero

It sucks dude. My parents are VERY busy too and yet they spent the entire afternoon decorating the house with me and my little brother. At first they said they were too busy to start thinking about anything related to Christmas and I was shocked because that was the first year they said that and I didn't want this family activity to slip away. If I wouldn't say anything, my parents could be working all the time. You just have to push them away from work sometimes. It helps them in a way.

Posted by Nazo

Quoting Chris: If you were the Grinch, you'd be going to people's house to steel all their decorations. ;)

Be aware of missing objects come Christmas eve/morning.

Posted by ExoXile

[spoiler]----[/spoiler]*
[spoiler].....[/spoiler]/|\
[spoiler]....[/spoiler]/||\
[spoiler]...[/spoiler]///\\\
[spoiler]..[/spoiler]///||\\
[spoiler].....[/spoiler]|[spoiler].[/spoiler]|

Temporary tree, it's awesome.

Posted by Xenos

Never really cared about Christmas for the presents, I always enjoyed shopping for other peoples' gifts and see their reaction when I give it to them.

Posted by Xero

My parents don't want me to buy them gifts this year. They say I should save my money for my next years of school. Doesn't really bother me, but I'll still buy gifts for my brother and my sister. I know they ask for a lot of toys and stuff so I'll take care of a part of the list.

Posted by junior senior

how old are they?

Posted by Xero

My brother and my sister? 8 and 7 years old.

Posted by ExoXile

Couldn't find a better pot, so I took the one where my mom and stepdad are kissing, lulz.
Xmas spirit.

Posted by Xero

How adorable.

Posted by Skitzo Control

NO TREE! Trees are evil, they help you breathe, breath is bad for your health.

Posted by Aesthetic

And the decision to ban trees has been made. Oxygen masks, along with tanks, will be passed out momentarily. You won't die that soon. **** trees.

and a very merry christmas to all!

Posted by Xero

I wish you a merry christmas to you too :)

In 12 days! Getting more and more excited! ^_^

Posted by WillisGreeny

Trees killed the nazis. Decide for yourself whether that was a good thing.

Anyways, my tree is now up, but don't expect pics.

Posted by The Hate

We just put up a small artificial one. Nothin specal

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting Chris: I wish you a merry christmas to you too :)

thank you :)

[quote]In 12 days!

oh dear ***, already? holy crap. whatever happened to it not coming soon enough? I feel so old.