Raeth

Posted by S

Anyone else have a gut-feeling that Raeth is Twilight Chick?

Posted by Zeta

An IP check was already done. No matches.

Posted by S

I realize, still doesn't change my suspicion though.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Definitely her. Too big a coincidence.

Posted by Iris

Easily possible. Oh well, don't bring it up. She seems to have slightly improved.

Posted by S

I'm fine with her for now, so I'll leave her alone.

If I see more muffin and random **** I'm just going to ban her again. Heads up.

Posted by Iris

Don't flat out ban her. She's not like Panic, where there's no will to improve. Guide her through.

Pretty sure we attempted just that for many months and not only did not improve, but also refused to! Not like banning her is a major loss anyways.

Posted by S

[quote=Raeth]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/dreamchild912/married-1.jpg

For the love of yahweh, can I ban it?

Posted by Zeta

Oh lawd.

Jesus, yes.

Posted by Linko_16

Holy ****, why ban her? Because she responded to someone's bait regarding muffins? She doesn't know we're kidding about that ****, she thinks she's trying to fit in by playing along. I mean, come on, Ant has a Princess Rosetta avatar, a dancing Taco in his sig, and the user title "omg so kawaiiiiiiiii." If I were brand new and that were the first I ever saw of him, I'd ****ing assume muffin-play was an accepted activity at that forum.

She's not Twilight Chick because if it were, she'd have leapt immediately for the Off Topic forums to socialize. So far, apart from her own introduction thread, she's made adequate and appropriate posts all in the video game forums, 100% muffin-free.

I kept my mouth shut at Ridley's ban-for-no-real-reason just because he was a dick, but until she actually commits some kind of offense, becomes confrontationally disruptive, or at least is unanimously loathed, she can't be banned. Cherished members have risen from far, far worse.

Posted by S

Eh, I was kidding. My suspicion has only increased since I made this thread though.

P.S: New comic anytime soon?

Posted by Linko_16

Maybe over the holidays. I admit I've kinda just forgotten about it.

Posted by Ant

he's busy with a sweet *** banner ATM RITE?!

And yeah, banning would be a bit much. But since no one did, we all know the limitations here. No worries.

P.S. If you got a problem with a dancing taco we can take this outside... *throws cheese at u*

I like how we keep around members no one really likes. Makes perfect sense.

Posted by Iris

That's terrible logic. This isn't some exclusive club, it's in everyone's benefit, especially the site, to accommodate new members and let them learn to become nice contributors. Not /b/tards, not Halo fanatics, not superanime faggots, just contributors. If they don't fit in by your standards, tough ****. I'm sick of every newbie being ostracized for not immediately joining a clique as soon as they register.

If you hadn't noticed those newbs that do try and don't act generally retarded are welcomed with open arms. The only ones this happens to are members like Twilight Chick. There's a massive difference between the two and they're treated as they should be.

Posted by Iris

No they aren't. Really, if they don't use perfect spelling and have a specific sense of humor, they're already fairly disliked. If they don't improve to some one's standards within 2 days, they're banned or considered a crappy member without the will to change.

Twilight Chick was a dumb ho, but not so dumb that she doesn't deserve another chance. I can't imagine her having the biggest will to change when people treat her poorly to begin with, and won't accept her at least for half a year even if she does change significantly for the better.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The only ones this happens to are members like Twilight Chick.

But she's not like Twilight Chick, or Aida, or juliebriggs, or whoever else. So far she hasn't tried to tell us about her friends or her awesome band, she hasn't bragged about being vegan, she hasn't posted ugly pics and tries to get us to tell her she's beautiful, yadda yadda yadda. She's posted about videogames, and the occasional "xD" doesn't mean she has to be banned over it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Iris: It's in everyone's benefit, especially the site, to accommodate new members and let them learn to become nice contributors. I'm sick of every newbie being ostracized for not immediately joining a clique as soon as they register.

Now, prove you mean that and unban Panic!!! :D:D:D:D:D

All you guys were total n00bies when you first joined!!! Heck, some day you just might vote in WackoHater as a new Super Mod!!!! :D:D:D:D

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I like how we keep around members no one really likes. Makes perfect sense.

Those are da best students for Wacko University!!!! We need n00bies!!! Plus they torment WackoHater!!! :D:D:D

Posted by Linkman

I wouldn't bet any money on that, Jesse.

Anyway, I have to agree with Iris and Linko, banning members just because they're not liked by the almighty active members is very poor logic. It's hard not see the fact that the most active members want to preserve the whole controlled version of 4chan aspect it's adapted in recent years. And as entertaining as it may be at times, it's getting old.

As for Raeth, not going to ban her for being different, and people not liking her perky attitude. Until she actually breaks a rule (not likely), she's fine.

How is this board anything like 4chan again? Pretty sure even half of DA doesn't like nor browse nor find the place even that funny? Yet, that constantly comes up. HUH. lol :rolleyes: Seriously, show me recent similarities otherwise I'm going to believe you're talking out of you ***.

Quoted post: No they aren't. Really, if they don't use perfect spelling and have a specific sense of humor, they're already fairly disliked. If they don't improve to some one's standards within 2 days, they're banned or considered a crappy member without the will to change.

Not really. If they seem decent, spelling and grammar aside (as long as they're still coherent,) most people are fine with them. It isn't until the cause a fuss that opinions change (Elric, Finalsmash sorta, etc.) Otherwise they're able to carry on just fine. And even those two examples are still posting.

And Twilight Chick literally refused to listen. For a very long time people were giving her tips on how to improve. She wouldn't listen and those tips became more and more harsh until she started posting specifically only to annoy people. She then left, recently came back showed really no signs in changing, and I banned her. Trust me, she had a long time to change and though she was never really liked she wasn't always treated harshly.

Oh, to add on to what I said about the member thing, take a look at the intro board.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=27603
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=27647
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=27517
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=27457
http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=27442

Whether they stuck around or not isn't the point, they were all treated quite well and a lot really didn't type perfectly. And they're all recent members.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Linkman: banning members just because they're not liked by the almighty active members is very poor logic.

That's da only reason Panic was banned!!!!! He was annoying like these n00bies, and he got banned!!! Da only difference with him was he actually admited that he was annoying and liked annoying people!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

It's fun to annoy people *cough*WackoHater er WackoLover*cough*!!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Linko_16

I agree with Vamp that every member who's been outcast before such as Panic and Twilight Chick deserved it. We're not trying to create a perfect little utopia where anybody can come in and be happy, and it's fair enough to say "You're obnoxious, no one likes you and you cause a disturbance everywhere you go, so get out." I'm just saying that Raeth hasn't made a mess yet; you can predict all you want, but it's not justice to act on it until she actually causes a problem.

Posted by Linkman

Yeah, don't get me wrong, Jesse. I'm not defending cases like Panic and WackoHater. They were banned because they deserved it. I was, like Linko, referring to cases where people are accused on suspicion and not actually breaking a rule.

As for comparing VGC to 4chan; I may have exaggerated a bit there. I was mainly referring to their memes working there way here. And I did say "recent years." It's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Oh well. *makes not not to post at night after a long day*

Posted by S

...Tom Cruise is Linko_16 IN: Minority Chat.

Posted by Iris

VGC doesn't incorporate 4chan's current jokes and other stupid crap, but the sense of humor undeniably seems like it's strongly derived from the site.

Quoted post: I'm just saying that Raeth hasn't made a mess yet; you can predict all you want, but it's not justice to act on it until she actually causes a problem.

I'm fine with that. Guess we'll just wait and see.

Quoted post: VGC doesn't incorporate 4chan's current jokes and other stupid crap, but the sense of humor undeniably seems like it's strongly derived from the site.

Undeniably? I can flat-out deny it no problem. Why? Because it's not even close to similar anymore. Most of the humour and jokes come right out the simpsons or futurama, not 4chan. Maybe you should stop by 4chan one night and compare, because you're way off the mark. Go back in time to 2005-2006 if you still want to complain about this ****, otherwise you're talking out of your *** still.

Posted by Linko_16

I'll lol if we have this huge fight over her and she, like, just stops coming.

Mission accomplished.

Posted by Linko_16

Well, not for that reason. She can't see us argue in here. She just randomly decides she doesn't want to stay.

idk, I was hoping that banned comment in her thread was going to have some affect

Posted by Linko_16

Fingers crossed, eh pal?