Assassin's Creed

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

How long is it?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

12-ish hours. Mind you, it might as well only be one hour because all you do is constantly repeat the same three actions nine times.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I beat it over three days of pretty hardcore playing, with all the eagle points and side missions completed, getting about 860/1000G. Never going to bother with the flags.

I'd say it took me 15 or so hours.

Sweet. Providing my xbox doesn't die, I'll rent it next month. SHOULD BE A GOOD REPETITIVE TIME

Yeah, it's a pretty sweet rental.

Posted by Last Fog

I'm getting it free from work :D

Posted by Shade

I can see if being a lot longer than the 15 hours. The last time I played it I had fun just wandering around and killing guards for two hours.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shade;785013]I can see if being a lot longer than the 15 hours. The last time I played it I had fun just wandering around and killing guards for two hours.

Yeah, speaking as someone who's beaten the game and just about everything on the side... You're not gonna get days of fun out of killing guards. Theres only so much bad AI you can laugh at.

Yeah, it's not a GTA or Crackdown where you can just come back to it and kill some dudes. That aspect is really only fun while you're actually playing the game, not so much after you beat it.

This is why the game sucks:

Quoted post: How did it Fail?
It forgot it was a, uh, game. Yeah, Assassin's Creed sports some slick graphics, but the actual gameplay consists of doing one thing: killing a bunch of old dudes. Sure, you can collect random flags, but it's obvious that Ubisoft spent way too much time building a cool playground without a second thought of what do actually do inside of it. It's a sandbox game, sure, but there aren't any toys in that sandbox. Similar to having 200 channels with nothing to watch on TV, Assassin's Creed offers huge cities with nothing to do in them, kind of like San Francisco. Not that you can't have loads of fun with Assassin's Creed, but beyond the occasional slapfest, mission objectives are boring and repetitive, the mission tips are dumb ("Here is what I can say: you must use cunning. That is all I can say to help you"), and the combat straight-up sucks. Press X to win, basically. If any modern game failed to live up to the savior-like praise it received pre-release, Assassin's Creed is the poster boy. Woe to those who bought this drastically unfinished game.

Turkey Time Moment:
Every mission objective in every city asks you to do the Same Exact Thing: Save citizens, climb towers to reveal more of your map (and find objectives), pick pocket, interrogate, eavesdrop. A recipe of inspired gameplay? No! A recipe for lazy, digital disaster!

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I haven't been this dissapointed since The Darkness. :(

Man, that game was disappointing. Good, but pretty ****ty.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

If you have a fetish for shooting lights out, then you'll love The Darkness!

Splinter Cell taught me to never do that.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I didn't even realize you could shoot lights out until Double Agent. But I still use the little electrical distortion thing.

Yeah, there was no point to shooting out lights in either CT or DA. All it got you was an alert and smarter enemies.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I shot out the lights. I like a challenge. :cool:

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

I'm the main character in assassins creed

I'm the coat

Quoted post: I shot out the lights. I like a challenge.

That just lowered your stealth rating. No thanks.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I never finished a Splinter Cell game, so in the end it didn't matter.

I finished all but DA with 100% stealth rating. SO IT MATTERED

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Does that mean you killed no one?

yeah. but the tanker mission in DA kept ****ing me up, so **** that game

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Man, you could get away with a lot of bold stuff on many of the Chaos Theory/Double Agent missions. I played the warzone mission in DA like a tactical FPS.

That makes the games a lot less fun. My first run through was mostly just stealth killing dudes and the second was no alerts/no kills. So ****ing tense, so fun.

Gonna rent this tomorrow instead, cats. Probably Mass Effect, too although that'd take too long to finish and I'll just end up buying it eventually sooo what's pretty good and short-ish that I can finish in a week?

Quoted post: Probably Mass Effect, too although that'd take too long to finish

15 hours tops.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Made the right choices. ME is worthy of purchase.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Angelwing: Gonna rent this tomorrow instead, cats. Probably Mass Effect, too although that'd take too long to finish and I'll just end up buying it eventually sooo what's pretty good and short-ish that I can finish in a week?

yeah, same. Couldn't make it out today.

15 hours? wow, that sucks. alright, guess I'll rent it.

It's meant to be played multiple times, but it's short. Thank ***. Last thing I want these days is a 40 hour game.

I want a 200 hour game.

Next Baldur's Gate.

Next Oblivion.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I couldn't see myself becoming involved with a 40+ hour game these days.

I can. I'd never play xbl again.

Oh man, I still have to get Oblivion. Maybe in March.

300 PLUS HOURS

Posted by cool gamer dad

I've only put about 70 hours into it.

I'll do it. CAN'T WAIT

actually, I probably won't rent any games for awhile. Gonna finish up a bunch that I have now. CoD4 veteran, SC: DA, FFXII...

Quoted post: SC: DA

Do it. I did the same thing a couple months back after being ****ed off at the tanker mission for making me kill everyone, and I'm glad I did. Turned out to be a really fun game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The best part was when you blamed the failed terrorist attack on your gf. Turns out she makes it easier for you to escape in the last mission, though.

Yeah, if you didn't blame it on her it's just like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK though all the JBA **** was really annoying. Dragged the entire game down. The last mission partially made up for it, same with all the other real missions, but still. I hated going back there, even though it was relatively easy.

I just really, intensely hate timers in video games. I want nothing to ever be timed ever. Ever.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I hated how in certain sections, you could only walk. *******it

Posted by Ant

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I just really, intensely hate timers in video games. I want nothing to ever be timed ever. Ever.

Time makes things a lot more intense though. LIKE, the GLaDOS "battle" in Portal. Without the timer it would have been a real boring task. Or in RE4 at the end where you're on the jetski. And there's no way you could even run out of time at that point, but it made it seem a lot more intense than it really was didn't?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The timed runs in Mario Galaxy are easy as hell to complete, but the timers make it seem urgent. I ended up beating the Battlerock Speed Run with 4 minutes left.

No, I hate being rushed in video games. Timers are gay.

Now that I got my new tv though, maybe I'll get Assassin's. I'll do DA after.

Quoted post: Time makes things a lot more intense though. LIKE, the GLaDOS "battle" in Portal. Without the timer it would have been a real boring task. Or in RE4 at the end where you're on the jetski. And there's no way you could even run out of time at that point, but it made it seem a lot more intense than it really was didn't?

The boss battle in Portal was fine. That made sense. But the Splinter Cell timer was, well, imagine being timed for each chamber in Portal on your first playthrough. I mean, it's a stealth game and you're not trying to complete just one basic goal like make it to the finish, there's multiple tasks that require you to not only not only walk slow but enter areas you're not supposed to even be seen in. So you have to go slow while navigating a place you're really not familiar with.

****'s ****ing stupid. I mean, I beat every mission with plenty of time to spare, but that's beside the point. Could've done a lot better and enjoyed the experience if I could take my time.

There are more clever ways to deal with a situation than slap a timer up on the screen.

Posted by Ant

no timers are always good

Posted by Slade

yeah, vamp you might want to explain yourself a little better. ant's got a really good point.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;802355]words about splinter cell
Yeah, the very first mission where you get 50 seconds to get out of there ****ed me off. I didn't even know where the ladder was, and there were still guards roaming around. ****

The only thing I liked about those missions is that you couldn't kill anyone, which is how I prefer to play my stealth games. Unlike the ****ing tanker mission. ***, that level ****ed me off. Didn't kill a single person or get a single alert and BAM I have to kill everyone. AR)REHFORPEVWHVOGUXncrognwtroctgreahwrwtu

Wow, can't believe how ****ing bad the controls in AC are. This game is kinda cool, but kinda sucks. Haven't decided which wins yet.

"sucks" wins

Yeah, this game is mega ****ing me off. But I still want to play it. wtf

Posted by Ant

now here's a guard who knows how to have a good time.

[youtube=q07tonhZre0]q07tonhZre0[/youtube]

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I found the *** Creed controls to be pretty easy going. Just hold down R + A all the time, and you're golden. I was trying to play it like Prince of Persia for the first hour or so.

Nah, they're pretty bad.

I hate not being able to save when I want, or that there's no save points, or that the checkpoints mega suck. I like that when I block, I still get hit. Finding all of the flags isn't fun in the slightest.

I do like going around town and assassinating all the guards while nobody notices until I'm around the corner.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It saves every time you do something notable, so I don't really see a reason for saving any time. Only time it would be useful would be if you're trying to do an assassination without being detected. But **** that ****, the only reward you get in the whole game for being stealthy is 20G.

Yeah, not really worth it. Still, I like the option of saving whenever I feel like it, in any game.

Me too. People complain about that making games to easy... but it's not like they're forced to save every step of the way. Personally I like how the Orange Box and a couple other games do it. Checkpoints that make sense AND save anywhere.

Yeah, and like Baldur's Gate? You can save whenever you want, providing there aren't any enemies in the immediate area. Best system ever.

Best. Game. Ever.

Posted by cool gamer dad

But that's not whenever you want! Unlike System Shock 2 and Starcraft, of course.

Man, just goes to show you all the good games use the save anywhere function.

Quoting cats: But that's not whenever you want! Unlike System Shock 2 and Starcraft, of course.

Not EXACTLY but it's better. That way if you're in the middle of a fight or near a fight that you can't get away from and you die, you're not ****ed.

oh ***, you know that beeping sound warning you that guards are super ****ed and ready to **** you up if you look at them? Yeah, that sound won't get out of my head.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

WHERE IS THE ONE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS?

*blends*

Posted by Roger Smith

There's a murderer among us...

Quoted post: *blends*

*puts hands together is pseudo-prayer stance while dancing on the bodies*

That's what you mean right? Yeah.

Posted by cool gamer dad

haha, wow. This game sounds really bad.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: *puts hands together is pseudo-prayer stance while dancing on the bodies*

That's what you mean right? Yeah.

He looks like a mega faglet when he does that. He doesn't even do it right. **** I hate this game.

Posted by Last Fog

You guys are bashing this game WAY too much. I agree it gets boring after the second or third target but come on it's not nearly as bad as you make it out to be. I find no trouble with the controls, the animations are fluid, and the whole world is just gorgeous. It's just... not all that fun to play.

And oh yeah the AI sucks. But there's much worse out there.

Quoted post: It's just... not all that fun to play.

And oh yeah the AI sucks.

Uh, yeah. Wow.

Posted by Last Fog

Ok that doesn't make it unbearable and the worst game of the year.

It makes it a bad game, however. I mean, wow, it has great graphics and the controls are decent and the animations are really smooth, great. But oh wait, it's fundamentally broken and boring.

Yeah, all right.

We didn't say it was the worst game of the year. There's just parts of it that **** me off. And it's repetitive as hell.

Best part is you get stuck in walls pretty often. Love it.

Posted by Last Fog

Huh, I freerun everywhere and never got caught on anything.

But really I continue to play a lot of games that I find boring and tedious, so I don't view it as all that bad.

It's funny because I played the **** out of Tenchu Z and found Jade's Game way worse.

Oh man, shoulda rented that instead.

I've gotten caught in a wall three times now. I've been able to get out after a few minutes, though. It happens because I back myself in a corner when fighting a ton of guards and counter all of them.

When you counter guards, the remaining few tend to get sick/scared and run away. When I just mash on the attack button there's always one that'll run away. ugh

nevermind I got it.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

got wut

Oh, the Eagle's Challenge achievement.

I just noticed there are 360 threads. wooooo

deleting any new threads on sight

Yeah, get Tenchu Z. You'll either find the charm in it or you'll really appreciate Assassin's Creed.

Is it more fluid than AC? I mean, what isn't amirite

Posted by Roger Smith

Fun fact: Prototype will feature movement similar to Parkour. Creed tried to do something in the same vein, but....they didn't do it quite right.

So, if any future release game will be fluid, it'll be Prototype.

Quoted post: Creed tried to do something in the same vein, but....they didn't do it quite right.

They did it very well actually. That's one of the few things they got right. Prototype seems to be based on parkour but on a much more grand, very unrealistic way.

Quoted post: Is it more fluid than AC? I mean, what isn't amirite

Animations are actually pretty decent. Not good, but passable. Everything about the game is very ugly, very early Xbox 1 and though there are 50 missions, you only ever seen, oh, six locales. But man, I put thirty hours into it.

Alright, I'll try it out sometime. You should lend me your copy! because I don't want to pay $40+ and I doubt I'll be able to finish it in a week. I hate renting.

Yeah, not like I play it anymore. I got all 1000 points and then played it completely with a male character, so I exhausted all options. Though, I guarantee you won't like the game. As much as I like it, I can admit it's really bad.

I watched some trailers and...yeah. MAYBE I'LL LOVE IT. But running around as a ninja? I'll do it.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: They did it very well actually. That's one of the few things they got right. Prototype seems to be based on parkour but on a much more grand, very unrealistic way.

Well, I still had fun running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop and all that jazz.

But on Prototype, as you said, it'll be much more grand and larger. But even if the Parkour form is unrealistic, I think that'll give the team more room to enhance and add their own style to the movements of the character.

I've been looking forward to this game for a long time. I'll be ****ed if it sucks ***. I mean it's Free Radical...come on.

Uh, it's not Free Radical. They're doing something else. Radical Entertainment is making Prototype and so far their biggest titles include Scarface, a Simpsons game and Ultimate Destruction. Prototype looks badass, but their past titles don't speak to highly of their talents. Though Hulk was pretty good.

Posted by Roger Smith

**** it, I knew it was Radical SOMETHING.

Yeah, I guess that'd be a disappointing revelation.

Posted by Roger Smith

Uh...sure why not.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Angelwing;803676]Alright, I'll try it out sometime. You should lend me your copy! because I don't want to pay $40+ and I doubt I'll be able to finish it in a week. I hate renting.
Man, if only you were a Britfag. I can find it for

Someday.

winnipeg is so expensive ugh

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I might buy it when I get paid at the end of the month. But... Burnout and DMC are out then. Plus, there's a bunch of films I want. :(

I'll try out Burnout, but I have the first two DMC and I haven't even played them yet. someday

I've still got to get Oblivion, Mass Effect, Gears and maaaaaybe Orange Box.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Angelwing: I'll try out Burnout, but I have the first two DMC and I haven't even played them yet. someday

Wow, you have the original DMC and have never played it, yet you play all these other ****ty games.

Shame.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

DMC2 is garbage. Worse than Assassin's Creed. YES, THAT BAD

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, pretty much.

Quoting The X: DMC2 is garbage. Worse than Assassin's Creed. YES, THAT BAD

Unpossible!

Quoting Roger Smith: Wow, you have the original DMC and have never played it, yet you play all these other ****ty games.

Shame.

lol alright buddy

Quoted post: But... Burnout and DMC are out then.

****, DMC4 looks amazing. Can't wait.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

It's like Ninja Gaiden, but with more faggots and C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBOS!

Completely different if you ask me, but OK!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

If there's, like, a 200G achievement for beating DMC4 on the hardest setting, I'm fuuuuucked.

Yeah, you suck at video games. Mister ugh i cant beat call of duty 4 its too hard

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I DID BEAT IT! :(

Mile High also?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

uhhhhh sure

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

... achievements make it so hard to lie.

Thought so! You would've posted about it if you did. Just because it truly is an achievement. But yeah, didn't beat **** then.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

One day I'm going to sit down and make a serious try. Furthest I got ever was the part where the side of the plane rips off. But I had RED BLOOD VISION and had just been flashed, so no chance I was gonna make it.

Oh man, that's the furthest? Ouch. That's only the second room =/ Did you pick up the shotgun?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I cannot recall. There's only like four main rooms, anyway.

It's right at the beginning. On the left side. makes thing WAY easier. Assuming the gun is actually reloaded (often only has one bullet loaded into it)

oh man, after I beat R6V on realistic me and cats are doing CoD4 on veteran.

It's not that bad. Easier than CoD3, harder than CoD2 though. But CoD3 is only hard because the germans can shoot and walk through walls. However, Mile High makes it harder than either game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I thought COD2 was harder on Vet than COD4. Though that's probably because I was used to dying in one hit by the time COD4 came out.

I really want to do realistic Vegas at some point. I tried hard GRAW last night, and it was essentially the same as normal GRAW. You die in a few shots on either difficulty, very few ways to make it more difficult.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Do it, dude. It's incredibly easy if you take your time and think things out. There's that one casino hotel part that can be a mega *****, though.

Quoting Angelwing: oh man, after I beat R6V on realistic me and cats are doing CoD4 on veteran.

you'll beat it before I do. I'm terrible at CoD. :s

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Fine. Once I beat Virtua Fighter quest, I'm gonna do it. Could take a while, though. ****

Posted by cool gamer dad

heeeccccckkkk naw. I'd say 2-3 days max.

Harder than CoD2? Oh ***. Whatever, I can do it. eventually. Easy so far!

Gonna have to restart I think because I missed intels and that destroy all tvs achievement.

Quoting cats:
you'll beat it before I do. I'm terrible at CoD. :s

At 2 or 4? because freezing doesn't count. And you just need to be more stealthy!

Posted by cool gamer dad

CoD 4 of course.

I'm playing through Bioshock right now. Why did they make it so easy?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ITS ONE OF THOSE ****TY GAMES THAT ONLY CARES ABOUT **** LIKE 'STORY' AND 'ATMOSPHERE', DIDNT YOU KNOW?!

Posted by Ant

who needs that when you have guns?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

speedfreak, faget

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting The X: ITS ONE OF THOSE ****TY GAMES THAT ONLY CARES ABOUT **** LIKE 'STORY' AND 'ATMOSPHERE', DIDNT YOU KNOW?!

wow, pretty gay!

Posted by cool gamer dad

But really, don't you think dying in only a few hits and always being low on ammo and not being able to freely regenerate would only add to the atmosphere? Kinda like System Shock 2. What a disappointment.

Posted by Last Fog

Screw you guys with your Veteran and Realistic difficulties. I just finished Assassins Creed. Now that's an achievement.

It's funny because I was hoping the game was over after the final target on my list, then I go through all the usual bull****, find his location, but then LOL ITS A WOMAN TRY AGAIN. So you have to make a long boring trek to another city to find him, and you're forced to kill dozens of guards because they put up imaginary barriers. So I finally kill him. Ok game over? No... now you have to return to kill your master. More tedious traveling and combat. Finally it was over, and I was treated to a really lame ending to go with a crappy game experience altogether.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Quoting Last Fog: Now that's an achievement.

Quite. Well, apparently.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The part where you were forced to fight soldier after soldier was stupid as hell. Assassin's Creed? C'MON UBISOFT. Then convincing King Richard to give up on the Crusade? jeeeee ubisoft.

The rest of the game was alright, though.

Jesus Christ, I'm just about to finish the last assassination. Way to ruin it for me.

Posted by cool gamer dad

hahaha oh wow.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

spoilers: your master is the bad guy

WHAT A TWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEST

Posted by Roger Smith

Use eagle vision.

Posted by Shade

throwing knives are your friend

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Angelwing: Jesus Christ, I'm just about to finish the last assassination. Way to ruin it for me.
Or so you think... it's not really him.

Wow, you two are faglets. banned!

Posted by Last Fog

I usually avoid spoiling games for anyone, but this story is so cliche and uninteresting I didn't think anyone would care.

But seriously my biggest gripe with AC is you can't skip any of the mumbo jumbo dialogue. There were times I'd literally change the channel and watch TV for 5 minutes.

That's because of the glitch. Pretty gay, considering I didn't even receive it.

If I'm going to play a game through to the end, regardless of if it blows or I suspect the ending, I still don't want it ruined. So don't be a dick in here because I usually read most of the **** posted.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

king kong dies at the end

Posted by Slade

women are like tea leaves. you don't know their full strength until you spoil a ****ty game for them.

Posted by Ant

shadow the hedgehog is a robot!

Quoted post: I really want to do realistic Vegas at some point.

Protip: MTAR, and Shield and Deagle. That's all you'll ever need. I got bored right near the end, but it's stupid easy. I think I died a total of three times.

Quoted post: Gonna have to restart I think because I missed intels and that destroy all tvs achievement.

Mission select?

Posted by cool gamer dad

You can use the shield in single player? Must be a story-mode only thing. Because I can't use it in realistic terrorist hunt on single player. And it's really hard.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
Mission select?

I guess I could look the intels up and see which mission they start appearing in. I wasn't sure if I mission select if it would keep track of every intel I came across.

Quoted post: You can use the shield in single player? Must be a story-mode only thing. Because I can't use it in realistic terrorist hunt on single player. And it's really hard.

You can use the shield in both. Assuming you picked the shield up in the single-player story, otherwise it won't be available.

Quoted post: I guess I could look the intels up and see which mission they start appearing in. I wasn't sure if I mission select if it would keep track of every intel I came across.

I think the options menu tells you what you have. Plus, they're easy to find, just look them up in a guide.

Posted by cool gamer dad

While I'm here, I have a question for ya. In Bioshock, if I have a series of physical tonics (1, 2, and 3), do they stack if i use them all at the same time? Or should I just replace 1 with 2 or 2 with 3?

I THINK they do. Probably do.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yeah, because I LOVE that fast-wrench-swinging tonic, or whatever it's called. Wanna swing it super fast and whatnot.

Quoted post: While I'm here, I have a question for ya. In Bioshock, if I have a series of physical tonics (1, 2, and 3), do they stack if i use them all at the same time? Or should I just replace 1 with 2 or 2 with 3?

You can have three active at all times. So as long as you've selected the three you want they'll stack.

Posted by cool gamer dad

oh man, awesome. The wrench is insane.

Man, I wish they kept that Wrench King achievement instead of that one where you can't use vita-chambers... oh well.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Do Big Daddies take damage from the wrench?

Heck yeah. I used it once in the beginning.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Melted armour Big Daddies are terrifying.

Posted by cool gamer dad

takes sooooooo long to kill one with the wrench. Even with a ****load of wrench tonics. Electric buck and the machine gun have been working just fine!

Posted by Slade

I was skimming articles on Bioshock today and this guy was like, "Because in the end you get more for saving all the little sisters, you should do that when you play the game." and I was like NO YOU PLAY THROUGH ONCE AND HARVEST THEM ALL AND THEN PLAY AGAIN AND SAVE THEM ALL UGHHH DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THE WORD ACHIEVEMENT MEANS?!?!

then I realized... I'm just an xbot without a cause

Posted by Last Fog

But you don't get an achievement for harvesting.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Should have. Discrimination against evil faggots.

Posted by Slade

Oh, my bad. I thought to get all the achievements you had to play it both ways. what as stupid game

Posted by Last Fog

Nah if you play your cards right you can get every single achievement in one game.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah. Surprise surprise, you can actually [spoiler]kill Sander Cohen later in the game[/spoiler] by visiting his apartment.

Posted by Slade

Well, then. At least the point still stands that just reading an article got me all in a huffy over a game I've never even seen on a system I don't own.

I blame this blog.

Quoted post: Nah if you play your cards right you can get every single achievement in one game.

If only I played through it on hard... would've had 1000g on my first playthrough. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: If only I played through it on hard... would've had 1000g on my first playthrough. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
That sucks. It's not a game to be played twice. Second time I played it, it really wasn't that enjoyable.

No kidding. I got up to the second level on my second attempt and I was just like "... whatever, I'm bored."

It's not a game you can play again right away. You have to wait a few years.

few years? xbawks 720 will be out by then

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BIOSHOCK 2: MOON CITY will be out by then.

Nah, just BioShock: THE PREQUEL. Moon City will be a good ten years down the road.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

The prequel had better kick ***. Rookie Rapture detective investigating Fontaine? Yes plz.

It won't. It should be pretty good though. I just can't see it being kick *** without Levine or his team.

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: few years? xbawks 720 will be out by then

Not if Microgay can't figure out how to fix their system!

Nothing particularly wrong with their new systems. And like that'd stop them anyways.

Not that we know of, yet. And it should. They can't even ****ing fix live.

I haven't had any live problems in almost a week...

I haven't really (aside from lag, which is probably my ISP but they say otherwise), but tons of my friends are. Sucks to be them.

Still? I was getting huge problems right before and after christmas until about a week ago. Since then it's cooled down a bit and I haven't had any problems in more than a few days. I figured if it wasn't happening to me of all people it wasn't happening to anyone else.

Yeah, I still get a lot of major lag, pretty frequently. Pretty gay.

Doubt that's MS's fault. Unless you're talking about the dashboard.

The dashboard hasn't really frozen for awhile now. It pauses for a bit every once in awhile.

Yeah, when I finally get my ****ing phone, I'm calling shaw. hate them

lol trying to get a job with them

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Doing what?

customer service. technical service, eventually. Maybe. Gonna try and get a job at the casino, though.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Work with Ant to create a casino heist. OCEAN'S TWO

Posted by Slade

Someone's gonna have to change their name to Ocean.

Nagel's 2

Has a nicer ring.

Posted by Ant

Nagel's 2 BOOBS

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

show us yer tits, love

or Nagel's 3 Booby

Nagel's Dark Boobies 3.7

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Know what we didn't do? Play Double Agent.

Wanna play now?

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Nagel's Dark Boobies 3.7

That has the best ring to it.

Coulda played last night. But I ended up playing a marathon session of CoD4. Was gonna try and get Nagel in there but then we had too many people.

:(

I think I was playing with THE CLAN but I'd ditch them for you and Hardkill

Yeah, I was like "fuuuuuuuuck, she's probably playing with those SSF faggots anyways." Needless to say, Hardkill was disappointed. Even worse when we got this one guys son in instead and he started REALLY sucking it up. Lost a good ten game sin a row because of that kid.

I'll play next time. you guys will lose even worse

Posted by cool gamer dad

haha, SSF. Their private match rules are so awful.

Quoted post: I'll play next time. you guys will lose even worse

Nah. We just got to a point where we didn't even care, we were just goofing off. It always comes down to Devious being the last alive cause he doesn't move. So we wouldn't lose any worse.

haha team kill?

and ssf is awesome, you're just jealous.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Yes, I'm quite jealous.

Quoted post: haha team kill?

if only hardcore didn't suck

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I thought you loved hardcore!

Nope. It just annoys me now.

Just as I start to like it.

Really? Ugh. It's only fun if you got a good team who you can rely on. Unfortunately, all those I enjoy playing games with aren't all that great, so I find myself getting shot more than I should be. OH WELL

Yeah, idk I still find it fun even though I suck.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I do WAY better in Hardcore than in normal.

<3 Hardcore.

I just gotta play differently. And always have a G3 as a custom class. But I don't wanna do either.

G3's pretty good. I still use the M60 for most maps, though.

G3 is a one shot kill though, thus the best gun to use on Hardcore, but I don't wanna use it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

So I got Assassin's Creed.

PRETTY COOL HUH?

You have a fun time ahead of you!

Wait, did you finish Bioshock?

wait, you bought assassin's creed? hahaha, wow

wait, he BOUGHT it? oh my

Posted by cool gamer dad

haha NO. My dad bought it.

You're dad is dead to me.

Posted by cool gamer dad

You guys were so close...

he's still alive to me, but off my friends list

Posted by cool gamer dad

Wait. He was on your friends list? That's... creepy in a way. Like, you guys hanging out and talking with my dad? Ugh.

I'm totally adding him.

Quoted post: Wait. He was on your friends list? That's... creepy in a way. Like, you guys hanging out and talking with my dad? Ugh.

He's been on my list for awhile actually. We've played a couple games sine then believe it or not. Almost awkward.

we need a game night with cat's dad. When is he available!?

He's online pretty often actually.

Posted by cool gamer dad

You can catch him on around 10PM-1AM weekdays, and pretty much any time on the weekends. And what game did you guys play, CJ?

Central?

Posted by cool gamer dad

Oh, no. PST. My time.

Too late. Shame. :(

Quoted post: And what game did you guys play, CJ?

Halo 3, Rainbow and Uno.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Uno? I don't even know what to think now...

WERE THERE VIDYA CAMS???

nah. his dad isn't a huge talker to begin with. We talked about dan for a bit, what I did for a living and stuff in his life and that was pretty much it.

Posted by cool gamer dad

wow.

DETAILS.

Not much to say. Just how you know me and the basics of my life.

Posted by cool gamer dad

oh ****. you told him about VGC?

I'd never tell any parent about VGC. ever

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;809679]what I did for a living
Only a parent would use employment as XBL small talk. fuuuuuuck

I started it though. Made fun of him for being, essentially, jobless. And he was like "OH YEAH, BUDDY, WELL WHAT DO YOU DO? BET IT SUCKS" and I'm like "well at least I have a job, pal."

Posted by cool gamer dad

hahaha... wow. Funny too, because you make more than he does, and you're 22.

I then threw all my frags at him and kept running him over with a banshee.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What a dick.

good times

we should play with your dad this weekend!

Cats' dad is is to me as ken is to cats.

Posted by cool gamer dad

He's a grudge-holder for sure, but like... only for a few months. And yeah, we can play tonight or tomorrow. Or on Sunday I guess.

Tonight

Posted by cool gamer dad

ALRIGHT MAN. ALRIGHT.

Gonna be SO COOL.

Oh jeez

I'll totally be there in a bit

Posted by cool gamer dad

My dad probably won't be on. And if he is, he'll be playing Assassin's Creed.

No he won't. You'll invite him to the game and he won't be able to resist. quality time with your son? heck yeah

Posted by cool gamer dad

...ugh.

I mean, yeah wooo.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Does everyone on VGC hate their pops? Another strange parallel.

I know I do.

Posted by Shade

So I'm the oddball to actually like my dad? k cool

Posted by Roger Smith

My pops is number 1.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

My dad used to love the vidya. But now he just writes everything off as 'too complex'. Even drivan that he used to love.

Not a fan of my dad. At all.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Nor am I.

Oh yeah, my dad's not that great either.

Don't like mine.

Love my mom, though!

Posted by cool gamer dad

Alright. So in order to be an Xbot, you must hate your father.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

SURE, ME TOO I HATE MY DAD

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAGE

Have to love mommy, though.

Posted by cool gamer dad

ehhh

Posted by Shade

What is it with ****ty fathers these days? Good lord.

he says from his little bubble of a community

Quoted post: Have to love mommy, though.

Heck yeah. She totally makes up for my **** dad.

Quoted post: What is it with ****ty fathers these days? Good lord.

It's the generation they were raised in. They had **** fathers who had **** fathers before them. If you're stuck in a relatively small community like basically everyone was back then (no tv, internet, etc) that's the only thing you know. So you repeat the process.

Posted by Slade

My dad's okay at being a dad, but I can see how he could be much better. I think vamp's right, though. His dad definitely sucked, as in, he hated his kids. Then my dad was like "I'm gonna make sure my kids know I love them!" but he still has a lot of traits that I'm pretty sure he got from his pop.

That's like my uncle. Except he goes out of his way to be the furthest thing from my grandpa. He always says he has to think what his dad would do in any given situation and do the exact opposite.

Kinda glad I didn't live back then.

Yeah. Plus, no vidya or xbawks.

No wonder they turned out the way they did.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Getting out of work for 5 years to play real life shootan? Sounds like my kinda scene.

you woulda been one of the first waves of men to die.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Yeah, I'd probably have been part of the tiny British battalion that got ****ed in the *** by GERMANY'S WAR MACHINE in 39.

Plus I'd be waiting for my health to regen.

Yeah, which is when you woulda got ****ed by a german soldier rounding the corner. Regenerative health only goes so far apparently.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

BREETESH DIE TROOPEN

GRANAD!!! SCHNELL SCHNELL