vBulletin 3.7

Posted by Jesse Smith

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249460

Something tells me da wacko should upgrade it....once da bugs are out, possibly by da end of da year!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I gotta say, as a mod of the music board, I really like the spam features since that, for some unknown reasons, gets the large bulk of spam threads.

Aside from that, a lot of those features are surprisingly cool.

Posted by S

Looks like Myspace.

Posted by Jesse Smith

That's what I said in a post over there!!!!!

Posted by Omni

Some of those features suck, but some of them are awesome.

Posted by Borealis

It could be more awesome, but it's okay

Posted by Slade

Quoting Queen: Some of those features suck, but some of them are awesome.

AND THUS, NEUTRALITY

I'm not sure I like the picture uploads and that whole aspect of the personal page. Seems like it'd lead to fewer posts in the Member Image board, and that means less of a chance to let people know they're hideously ugly.

Posted by Arcadios

Can we get a bigger ****ing limit on avatars and sigs?

Posted by Omni

Maybe file size would be nice, but 150x150 is reasonable and bigger than a lot of forums I've been to. The signature size seems okay with me.

Posted by Arcadios

The old limit was perfect.

Posted by Max Mouse

Some of that stuff looks kinda stupid.

Posted by Linkman

What the hell? vBulletin or vMyspace?

Everything before the image gallery is fine and could be useful, but the rest is just pointless for "forum" software. Honestly, I wasn't expecting them to do much good, because ever since 3.0 came out, all they've really focused on is completely irrelevant extras.

I vote not making VGC a Myspace. :(

Quoted post: I'm not sure I like the picture uploads and that whole aspect of the personal page. Seems like it'd lead to fewer posts in the Member Image board, and that means less of a chance to let people know they're hideously ugly.

Just don't use it. I'm not and I have a feeling they won't even be that used here. For all the lame stuff there is, the moderation tools are pretty handy.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Just don't use it. I'm not and I have a feeling they won't even be that used here. For all the lame stuff there is, the moderation tools are pretty handy.

I'm not going to use it, but what if all the ugly people do? I guess if worst comes to worst, we could always post their images from their account for them, and then call them ugly.

And agree'd. From what little moderation I actually do, I can see that those tools would make handling the bots easier.

Posted by Linkman

I have a good feeling you'll be able to disable most of these extra features. Just turn off the ones we don't need, like photo gallery and myspace-like profiles.

Posted by Arcadios

BRING BACK THE OLD SIG LIMIT

Posted by cool gamer dad

You guys would be able to see my CATSPACE.

Posted by Xero

I created myself a myspace account 2 weeks ago only to send 2 messages. Don't really care about most features.

Quoted post: I'm not going to use it, but what if all the ugly people do? I guess if worst comes to worst, we could always post their images from their account for them, and then call them ugly.

It's mostly profile **** anyways. And I mean, how often do you look at people's profiles?

Posted by S

To check if they're a puppet or to find contact info.

pff, I just ban them. Easier that way. No extra loading.

Posted by maian

Eh, I'll vote for it. Sure, it's like Myspace, but knowing VGC, I know a lot of the Myspace esque things will hardly be used. Profiles have never been a big feature here. Remember when we had "Member pages" for like, a week?

Aside from that, I don't really see the significance in groups. They seem pretty much like blogs to me.

If anything, I vote that we ditch the blasted [sigpic] feature, and just go back to how they were. I hate sigpic.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting maian:
If anything, I vote that we ditch the blasted [sigpic] feature, and just go back to how they were. I hate sigpic.

Exactly why Jesse installed it.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting Slade: Seems like it'd lead to fewer posts in the Member Image board, and that means less of a chance to let people know they're hideously ugly.

Except with the pictures galery, no one will have to worry about the mods abusing, er I mean mass pruning the old pictures, aka acting as if all old members died.

Quoting Arcadios: The old limit was perfect.

*yawn* The old limit was no limit, where you could have signature images in the megs which is....

Quoting Roger Smith: Exactly why Jesse installed it.

:D:D:D

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: And I mean, how often do you look at people's profiles?

u kno when there's this guuuurrrl and I'm all "dag, yo that is one fine honey" and "we best get to conversatin' ASAP"

If/when this is put into place, I am going to post all of someones pictures and then call them ugly. guaranteed

Posted by G-Sides

:s it's ok. reminds me of JLC's old vB forum that i can't remember the name of...

as long as we don't scrap the gray/green/black skin, i'm game 8-)

Quoted post: as long as we don't scrap the gray/green/black skin, i'm game 8-)

I don't think that's even possible at this point.

Posted by Jesse Smith

er...11 years with those colors and he's worried about that changing!!!!!!! er!!!! :D

Posted by Linkman

VGC's colors will never change. The gray, black, green, and orange are here for all eternity :(

SAD FACE?

More like :D

Posted by Ant

It's very easy on the eyes.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Jesse Smith: *yawn* The old limit was no limit, where you could have signature images in the megs which is....

At least increase the avatar limit. :(

Posted by S

Quoting Arcadios: At least increase the avatar limit. :(

Seconded.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: SAD FACE?

More like :D

I love the skin here. It's easily the least offensive to the eyes out of every forum I've been to.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Arcadios: At least increase the avatar limit. :(

Third'd

Quoting Queen: I love the skin here. It's easily the least offensive to the eyes out of every forum I've been to.

Agreed. Keep this skin.

Posted by Arcadios

GREY IS THE COLOR OF MY WORLD

Posted by Shade

And the color of most of my shirts.

I don't get why people are *****ing about the MySpace-ness. If you don't like the features, don't use them. Simple.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Black rocks!!!! If you're an NES freak, you might know about [url=http://www.atarihq.com/tsr/]this site.[/url] That's where I stole da colors from, with one or two changes, like white instead of this color for da text!!!

er, yes, they started before I did!!! They beat me by three and a half months! grrrr!!!!!

what's wrong with the avatar limit again?

Posted by maian

I think the avatar limit is fine. 150x150 is plenty big enough. My only complaint is the sig system. One pic, and sigpic nonetheless is epic fail. How about going to the old limit, and if people abuse they're just insta-banned? :)

Or just have a super mod remove it, idk

Posted by Jesse Smith

Or just let vBulletin block it! :D Much easior! :D

Posted by Omni

How about increasing the file size limit for avatars to like 40kb but keeping the size limit at 150x150?

Posted by Xero

Only +5 kb?

I was thinking more like 50 kb. Which is +15 kb.

Posted by Arcadios

Yea, 150X150 is fine. Meant the other limit.

Posted by Xenos

I wonder if they have a log to keep track of name changes, I don't even know who half of the people here are anymore.

Posted by Proto Man

vB 3.7 I has! I can tell you it's very nice to work with. :cool: Yeah it has all the social junk with it, but some of it is actually useful. We use the picture albums to post up our video game collections (though I realize you guys use threads for that).

Old arcade works for it. Not sure about half your other stuff though.

Quoting Xenos: I wonder if they have a log to keep track of name changes, I don't even know who half of the people here are anymore.

No, but there is actually a hack you can get for that. It automatically keeps track of name changes and puts these changes in the profile.