Am I the only one...

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

that thinks Mass effect looks lame?

Posted by s0ul

No, sir. I hate how Bioware makes games. Period.

Posted by Big Boss

Hey, you guys are certainly entitled to your incorrect opinions. :)

Posted by MottaTheHutt

It looks pretty ****in insane.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Mass Effect? More like A[COLOR=Silver]SS [/COLOR]EFFECT AMIRITE GUYS!?!

that sure was original

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I recorded the X-play review of it, but have yet to watch it. If it's as good as KotoR then I plan to get it ASAP.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting s0ul: No, sir. I hate how Bioware makes games. Period.

Dude, I don't believe you just said that.

In fact, I refuse to believe you just said that.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm no fan of KotOR but I know Bioware makes amazing games. I mean, they're the creators of Baldur's Gate.

Also, besides the various complaints I have about this game, it's actually pretty ****ing epic now that I've had a chance to play it. I'm just going to assume you don't like RPGs or something.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

How KotoR-esque is it?

Not at all really. I mean, I literally hate kotor but I'm really enjoying Mass Effect. I missed the first three hours of it so I'm a tad confused, so I'd likely enjoy it more otherwise.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I just watched the X-Play review. It seems great, but I have no monies to get it. :(

lol x-play

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I like some of the innovative things they've done with the game.
Like how you can interact with the cut-scenes to change the outcome of certain events.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4OKsRjE76mE

but the game itself just looks..."blah-ish".

Posted by MottaTheHutt

[Insert punchline], Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb.

Quoted post: but the game itself just looks..."blah-ish".

How so? It's easily the best looking game out there and some of the later levels do things I've never quite seen before in terms of visuals. It's stunning.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Don't bother with the X-Play review. I'd just go with the Gametrailers video review. It's pretty accurate, as usual.

In terms of accuracy:

Gametrailers
IGN
1UP
Gamespot
various other sites.

Nothing beats gametrailers though, if you ask me.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Gamespot is terrible. TONY HAWK'S PRO SKATER 3 IS THE BEST GAME EVER

Gamespot used to be really quite accurate actually. But ever since 8.8 it's like they've started purposely ****ing up their own reviews. I mean, it's not just the score itself, but the points they make. Most of them are SO trivial and meaningless yet they seem to have a massive impact on the score of the game.

Posted by Big Boss

I'd say GameSpot is still the most accurate, but as readers, you really have to read the entire review to make something of the score.

Still, with games like Mass Effect, I don't read review content as I know I'll buy and love the game anyway (and that way I avoid small spoilers, too).

Posted by muffla

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: In terms of accuracy:

Gametrailers
IGN
1UP
Gamespot
various other sites.

Nothing beats gametrailers though, if you ask me.

what are your views on metacritic.com? because thats where i usually go

All metacritic does it compile all the site reviews into one score. But idk, there's usually one or two sites that think they're badass by giving every game a low score to **** up the average. So like everything you have to read the reviews themselves.