vista

Posted by project101

ok this is dumb on my part so my mom just bought me this awsome laptop from tailand and i got overly excited and bought oblivion and shimmering isles and they work on xp and as you can probably tell i have vista and so i was wondering do most games not work on vista or are ther a good number of fun games that work on vista

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Most will work find. A handful won't, but run a google search on them before you buy just to be sure. In most cases those that don't just take a few tweaks to get them running. However, apparently you'll take a slight hit to performance. Not sure if that's been addressed yet, but it was an issue.

Posted by Xero

I can't wait for the day where more games will be designed to be played on a Mac OS X.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Chris;782727]I can't wait for the day where more games will be designed to be played on a Mac OS X.
I hope you're patient.

If your laptop's good enough to run Vista well, it shouldn't have any problem with Oblivion.

Posted by Xero

Quoting The X: I hope you're patient.

I am. And I have a Wii to entertain me meanwhile :)

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]That's why I didn't get a mac. I love my PC games too much.

Also, I was lucky enough to get an HP Pavilion dv6000 (apparently everyone at my university has one now) with Windows XP before they started packaging all laptops with Vista. And I don't intend to switch to Vista any time soon.
[/COLOR]

Posted by Foster

y dont u just install windows xp on your laptop and it will solve everything:P I have vista and i presonally dont like it..(thats y im reinstalling xp) vista has its ups and its downs but i would just intall XP on your laptop and that would solve evertying :P :)

Posted by Xero

I had Windows XP on my laptop. I created a partition for it, but I couldn't get the internet to work on windows and so online games were out of the equation. Then I had normal games, but only had a bluetooth mouse that didn't work on Windows. (or so I think) That took most games I played on PC out. So I was down with emulators, but most of them didn't work and same for the ROMS.

So yeah....everything's wrong.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

clearly you had no idea what you were doing, lol

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]****. That's rough.[/COLOR]

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: clearly you had no idea what you were doing, lol

Nope. My understanding of computers is terrible.

Posted by S0LID 5NAKE

i would recommend for anyone to not try to install xp on a machine before you atually do some research. some machines are almost unusable (make sure you create restore discs for your machine) if you try to "downgrade" to xp because the manufacturers dont make drivers for particular components. just make sure you know what youre doing.

Posted by switchxa

Most games should work with Vista. I have heard of a few cases of problems but I imagine they have fixes. And OSX has some nice games on it. Blizzard and EA have made commitments to making games. I hope more devs follow suit. The OSX is lite on resource usage so it helps with games working on lower requirements.

Posted by #061402

*Shudder.* Vista is a horrible creation that should never have seen the light of day. If you're going to use Vista, make sure you're the admin, or have admin access. If you're not, you'll be running to the admin asking for the password every minute.

I'm so glad my computer runs XP.