What now?

Posted by Speedfreak

Okay so Mario Galaxy and Metroid are out, Smash Bros is just around the corner. They're the big Wii games most people were looking forward to, so what's left to look forward to now?

I don't know about you guys (and I do hope you'll tell me), but here are some big Wii games I can't wait to get my hands on.

No More Heroes

This game looks nuts. The stupid storyline is worth the price of admission alone.

[IMG]http://nintenblog.free.fr/images/2006/wii/no_more_heroes_travis_touchdown_20061201.jpg[/IMG]

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

I loved Path of Radiance despite the dodgy animation, graphics and voice acting. Yet the've all been improved for the Wii game! This will be the best hardcore experience since Metroid.

[IMG]http://www.dignews.com/admin/screenshoot/fire_emblem_wii_05.jpg[/IMG]

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers

As far as I can tell this is an action adventure game. here definately aren't enough of these on the market right now, and the main character just looks so cool I really can't miss it.

[IMG]http://www.dsfanboy.com/media/2007/05/ffcc-tcb-trailer-nwf.jpg[/IMG]

Fragile

New RPG by the makers of Baiten Kaitos. Apprantly it's set in the future where the world has no sunlight and most of the worlds inhabitants have gone missing. So you explore the moonlit world with a flashlight fashion tools out of metal and wood.

scans here: [URL]http://img160.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=46655_uporg1121298_122_1127lo.jpg[/URL]

[URL]http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=46662_uporg1121300_122_655lo.jpg[/URL]

Okami

I missed it the first time round and because of the constant rumours of a Wii version I decided to wait and see. And it happened!

Zack and Wiki

Lord knows when this will ever be released in Europe, but I really can't wait to give it a shot.

[IMG]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/article/806/806730/zack-wiki-quest-for-barbaros-treasure-20070719054246334.jpg[/IMG]

So what about you guys?

Posted by S

Uuuuh, I'm waiting for the next Metroid?

Seriously though, I'm not quite sure. What's the deal with Fire Emblem, if I might ask? I'm not familiar with the series, so what's the deal with Radiant Dawn? Is it a sequel? A remake? I heard it was a sequel but from what you said, it seems different.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's a sequel to Path of Radiance on the Gamecube. Fire Emblem games usually come in twos.

Posted by S

Highly recommended to get Path of Radiance first, then?

Posted by Speedfreak

Pretty much yeah. Though the WIi game will be a lot easier because you can save mid battle and cheat.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Zack and Wiki and No More Heroes... think that's it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm still interested in Mario Kart.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Mario Kart!

No More Heroes looks less impressive to me by the second can we just have an Ultra Extended version to Killer 7, or a prequel. To me No More Heroes just wont live up to Killer 7, i hope i am wrong.

Brawl of course.

And please *** let them make a Mario Golf game they would be crazy not to.

Quoted post: No More Heroes looks less impressive to me by the second can we just have an Ultra Extended version to Killer 7, or a prequel. To me No More Heroes just wont live up to Killer 7, i hope i am wrong.

Except they're nothing alike, aside from the graphical style which is still fairly different.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

To be honest, once Brawl is out, I won't need any more Wii games ever. I'm sort of interested in Radiant Dawn, but I preferred the Fire Emblem GBA games to Path of Radiance. No More Heroes looks worth my time, too.

Speedy: Z&W is up for release here on 18th January 2008.

Posted by s0ul

No More Heroes and Brawl. I was really excited about Fragile til I learned that it's the tri-crescendo half of "the guys who made Baten Kaitos" and not Monolith. Eternal Sonata had what is probably the worst level design I've ever seen. Blech.

I'm with X. Brawl is really all I need and the only reason I'm considering buying my own Wii.

Posted by Ant

Zack and Wiki AND RadiANT Dawn are already out silly. Both kinda interest me, but not enough to buy.

No More Heroes I'll get for sure.

Mariokart and Brawl are no brainers.

The Final Fantasy is probably gonna suck.

Okami, don't care for it.

Idk, Project O maybe if that turns out good.

NiGHTS if that turns out better than I'm thinking it will *FINGERS CROSSED*

otherwise, I have no idea what else to look forward to. Hasn't been much talk of what's coming in 08.

Posted by Zeta

[quote]Zack and Wiki AND RadiANT Dawn are already out silly.

Europe.

Posted by Ant

oh, I forgot they existed. ;) MUCH LIKE THE GAMING COMPANIES DO AMIRITE GUYZ?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

A zing that was felt all the way across the Atlantic.

Posted by Linko_16

The only one not already mentioned is Soul Calibur Legends. Might suck, but I still want to play it.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Did Nintendo announce Mario Kart for the Wii, or are we still waiting?

Posted by WillisGreeny

If they announce motorbikes for the next Mario Kart, that usually gives a clear indication.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

There's going to be motorbikes?

Posted by Ant

Why do people ask stupid questions like this when it's EASILY researchable? it's mindboggling.

Posted by s0ul

Soul Calibur Legends terrifies me. I dunno if I have the courage to try it. :( I also forgot about NiGHTS though. I played the original in a store when I was a kid and begged my mom to get a Saturn and she was all "no." Getting the new one would pretty much settle all unfinished business in my life.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

[QUOTE=Ant;782301]Why do people ask stupid questions like this when it's EASILY researchable? it's mindboggling.

I did research it, I was just interested in any comments people here have on the subjects. It's called making conversation, ftr.

Posted by WillisGreeny

So. About them cubbies...

Quoted post: The only one not already mentioned is Soul Calibur Legends. Might suck, but I still want to play it.

Might suck? Guaranteed to suck. It's like the Guilty Gear/Xbox equivalent of Overture. The only reason you'd even consider considering it is because the Wii isn't getting IV and you're super desperate for a new Soulcalbur game.

Quoted post: Getting the new one would pretty much settle all unfinished business in my life.

Luckily for you it's basically the exact same game! It even looks like the original lol

Posted by s0ul

Yeah, it really does look like butt. Definitely not gonna buy it unless I completely fall in love with a borrow or rental.

I honestly don't see that happening, speaking seriously. A large reason Nights was so popular back in the day because it was beautiful. It was the best looking game out there. And honestly, I don't think the gameplay holds up anymore and the Wii version just doesn't have the graphics to carry it. I'll play it on the Wii and keep thinking "man, this would be a lot better on the PS3 in high-def." Perfect game to go on PSN if you ask me.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: The only reason you'd even consider considering it is because the Wii isn't getting IV and you're super desperate for a new Soulcalbur game.

Probably won't be far from the truth. BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

You do realise the game came out yesterday, right? Admittedly it's only been reviewed by two separate sites (which doesn't bode well in itself) but it's already shaping up to get slammed by everyone else. Either way, do you remember the last time a game like this was good? Fighters have been trying to branch out into new genres for ages now and they've all been terrible.

Also, I kinda want GeoWars Galaxies.

Posted by Speedfreak

Has anyone seen videos of Nights yet or are you judging the graphics on screenshots? Often seeing it in motion can make a hell of a lot of difference, especially when the game is about flying around very large areas quickly.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: You do realise the game came out yesterday, right?

No I did not.

I'm not saying I'm going to buy it, play the **** out of it, and love it forever. I just want to try it, if only because I like Soul Calibur a lot.

Speedfreak: Yeah, and it looks pretty sub-par. I mean, it goes from the best looking game ever to, well, it didn't really change.

Posted by Speedfreak

In that case I can only offer "Sega is the worst developer ever, what the hell do you expect?" as an arguement.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Speedfreak;782675]Sega is the worst developer ever
no.

HEY SPEEDFREAK ARE YOU ON DRUGS OR SOMETHING

Posted by WillisGreeny

Night looks like a good rental. It certainly isn't to the same calibre the original was when it was released since Graphics was the big selling point. I'm still going to give it a chance, but won't be surprised if a lot of people don't.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=The X;782692]no.

HEY SPEEDFREAK ARE YOU ON DRUGS OR SOMETHING

No, most of their games are bloody awful these days. It's embarrassing.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Sonic Team =/= Sega

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Virtua_Fighter_5_Coverart.jpg[/IMG]

SUP

Posted by Speedfreak

SUP ONE GAME.

The only decent game Sega's done for friggin' years is that and Super Monkey Ball. But that went down the toilet with the Wii version. I'm sure House of the Dead ports will make up for everything though right!!!

Just found some rumours for upcoming Wii RPGs from RPG Magazine, which apparantly is french.

[quote] - After a debut release for the Super Famicom, Super Mario RPG is back, this time on Nintendo DS. It is even said that during the [URL="http://wiiz.fr/article.php?a=15171#"]game[/URL], our hero would meet different characters emblematic of the world of Final Fantasy. [LEFT]- [/LEFT]
The famous series of Ogre Battle could make his return on Wii, and besides with a unique opus. Yasumi Matsuno, which is the origin of the series, would be part of this project.
[LEFT]- The studio Camelot is again in charge of development.[/LEFT]
According to some rumors, fighting would essentially using the Nunchuk, could provide under the Action-style.
[URL="http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiiz.fr%2Farticle.php%3Fa%3D15171&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8"]http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwiiz.fr%2Farticle.php%3Fa%3D15171&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8[/URL]

Sort of inclined to believe it seeing as the last thing said by Camelot was that they wanted to do a Wii game and Nintendo wanted them to do one, but they couldn't find the time. Maybe now they have?
It'd be weird if the Mario RPG sequel was true, I hope to G[COLOR=lightgreen]o[/COLOR]d FFVII onwards characters aren't in it. Crono please!

Quoted post: In that case I can only offer "Sega is the worst developer ever, what the hell do you expect?" as an arguement.

It's not really Sega as much as it is Sonic Team. If I recall correctly, they just happen to be handling Nights.

Posted by Moogs

So, I may get a Nintendo Wii and a DirectX10 video card for X-mas.

Especially Smash Bros. Ah... GLORY TO THE MIGHTY NINTENDO!

Posted by Speedfreak

Smash Bros isn't out til next year.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Wasn't Will Wright planning to bring a Spore-like game to the Wii at some point? If it connects somehow to the computer version I might get it, but at the rate the PC version is taking for release it might aswell go to the next generation. :D

Posted by F1NALSMASH

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Except they're nothing alike, aside from the graphical style which is still fairly different.

Yes i am aware they are nothing alike i would just rather have some more killer7
than No More Heroes, then again i remember seeing the first trailer and wanting it right of the bat but some of the more recent game play videos leave me guessing, i know i can not judge it yet, bottom line is i want to want it so i am hoping its good because i want to get it.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=WillisGreeny;783458]Wasn't Will Wright planning to bring a Spore-like game to the Wii at some point? If it connects somehow to the computer version I might get it, but at the rate the PC version is taking for release it might aswell go to the next generation. :D

Spore is indeed coming to the Wii. Not particularly looking forward to it on any platform though, I never really liked Will Wright's games. Micromanagement does my head in.

Posted by Zeta

I'm looking forward to that new Chocobo's Dungeon game.