PS3 OUTSELLS WII IN JAPAN!!!111OENONE

Posted by Big Boss

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6183013.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;4

And just last week the 360 was outselling the PS3. I guess Japanese gamers don't care for backwards compatibility.

Oh, I love news!

Posted by Arcadios

Wait...wtf.

EDIT: Oh weekly.
Thought it meant overall....right?

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

The PS3 will keep outselling the Wii now because everyone in Japan already has a Wii.

Posted by talentz

Yeah I heard about that in some site,I always thought the PS3 was cool.

Posted by Ant

We're all very happy for you Big Boss.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Statistically speaking, it was bound to happen for at least one week during the current generation. Now that it's out of the way, the Japanese can go right back to not being stupid for the next 5 years.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I hope the PS3 can start picking up the pace soon, it's the most powerful console on the market.

The X-box was the most powerful console last gen, and that didn't help it any. Were you rooting for it last gen?

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting Prince Shondronai: The X-box was the most powerful console last gen, and that didn't help it any. Were you rooting for it last gen?

TimeSkipz is a sony fanboy FYI, so don't waste your time arguing.

I wasn't arguing. I was being snide.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Arcadios: Wait...wtf.

EDIT: Oh weekly.
Thought it meant overall....right?

Trust me, he knew it was weekly.

Not too many people remember when Big Boss used to post heavily and was full of snide remarks and prodding jests. He was making a cute reference to this thread's title and content:

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=27401

Posted by Zeta

What were this week's US sales?

Posted by Ant

they only do monthly sales in the us. this is for the month of october:

* Wii - 519,000
* Nintendo DS - 458,000
* Xbox 360 - 366,000
* PSP - 286,000
* PlayStation 2 - 184,000
* PlayStation 3 - 121,000

Posted by S

That stings.

Posted by Unite

Good news for sony wonder if there 40gb model will continue to sell well.

Posted by Arcadios

USA USA USA

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Good news for sony wonder if there 40gb model will continue to sell well.

Most likely. If they start really pushing the fact that it's a $400 blu-ray machine they could probably sell a ton more. It's just a shame they had to drop the price by $200 in just less than a year.

Also, isn't Wii sales in Japan starting to slow down? They're still high, just not as high as previously... though the Wii is still getting Monster Hunter so that should change.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I might just buy a 40GB PS3 and a PS2 at the same time. Might be cheaper than getting a backwards compatible PS3...

Not here. 80 gig is $499, PS2 is $99. It's essentially the same until you factor in the larger hard-drive, the fact I can toss away my PS2, and you get a free game with the 80.

Posted by Speedfreak

lol Japan.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=The X;780270]I might just buy a 40GB PS3 and a PS2 at the same time. Might be cheaper than getting a backwards compatible PS3...

Didn't someone point out that changing disk speeds via backwards compatibility ruins the PS3?

Posted by Random

This is really no suprise to me. I wonder if that means the 360 is winning in Japan? I'm curious to see exact numbers. But its no suprise, Sony has dominated Japan since the PSone and i'm sure will continue to dominate japan. Nintendo is Japans second favorite.

Posted by Ant

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Media Create weekly sales for November 19th to the 25th is below(for Japan).

* Nintendo DS Lite - 116,694
* PSP - 75,027
* Wii - 54,362
* PlayStation 3 - 50,564
* PlayStation 2 - 14,875
* Xbox 360 - 7,117

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Random;788315] I wonder if that means the 360 is winning in Japan? I'm curious to see exact numbers. Sony has dominated Japan since the PSone and i'm sure will continue to dominate japan. Nintendo is Japans second favorite.
Hahaha, no. You pretty much stated the opposite of the truth.

Wii: 3.67 million
PS3: 1.34 million
XBox 360 420,000

... As of September 30th 2007.

Wow, Random loves talking out of his ***, doesn't he? Hahaha.

Posted by Degeneration

[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Dragon17013/wiiap_copy1.jpg[/IMG]

SOMEBODY'S FIRED

Posted by Random

Oh wow I didn't read monthly. And anyways i'm not talking out of my *** mofo when i'm talking about Ninty being second. They maybe first for now but i'm sure not for long. The PSone dominated the 64 and the PS2 layed the smackdown on the cube. Its only a matter of time. The Wii is too boring. I'd rather use my joystick and play with my Wii Wii.

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Degeneration: [IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/Dragon17013/wiiap_copy1.jpg[/IMG]

SOMEBODY'S FIRED

THAT'S RIDICULOUS.

Posted by Speedfreak

Oh come on, Random. I've kicked your ass on this subject enough times, I thought you got off it for good.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting TimeSkipz: Didn't someone point out that changing disk speeds via backwards compatibility ruins the PS3?

I thought the games library was what was ruining the PS3 OOOOHH SCHNNAAPPP!!!

Galaxy and Wii Fit is bound to put Wii in the sales lead this holiday season. the japs love Wii Fit.

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, it sems like the hardcore Wii market is hardly there in Japan. It's much more even in the west. Wii Fit will have much more significance than stuff like Resi. As long as the system sales stay high and are consistent it'll remain on top. PS3 will never get there with brief sales explosions every time a game comes out.

Posted by Shade

Still not understanding how something like Wii Fit would impact the console market that much.

Uh, Nintendogs, Brain Age? Plus, people are crazy about exercise and fitness these days. AND they're crazy about the Wii.

Posted by Ant

I look forward to saying how WiiFit changed my life.

Posted by Shade

I will never understand why people buy stuff like that.

because you're fat

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'll probably buy Wii Fit. It'll be nice to have another useless peripheral to sit in the pile with the Guitar Hero guitars and steering wheels of old.

Posted by ExoXile

Random cracks me up.
He's funny.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Shade;788850]Still not understanding how something like Wii Fit would impact the console market that much.

Well first you have to understand why DS and Wii are dominating the world. Once you get that you'll realise Wii Fit will sell truckloads. I'd actually wager it'll be the most successful game ever made by the time this generation is over.

If you don't get it then don't worry. Unless you want to work in games or actually are now you don't really need to know this stuff.

Posted by Bebop

Im going to buy Wii Fit because I cant afford the gym and I'm becoming a fat little piglet. It's not easy enough for me to want to go for a run or do push ups, but I trust Wii Fit will do it for me because of it's competitive, game like nature while the purchase of it will add to my obligation to do it. Money in the bank for Ninty, washboard abs for Bebop. Bring on Jesus-mas.