Writers on Strike

Posted by WillisGreeny

So, how about them Hollywood writers going on strike, forcing those who still watch television to watch re-runs.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

All of the shows I watch have been new so far, so I don't really care about the strike.

Why are they on strike again?

Posted by WillisGreeny

The writers are sick of working their fingers to the bone for scrapings while fat cats holding the top positions of studios make millions from their work.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Oh. Good thing the creators of South Park are also the writers... and the voice actors...

Posted by WillisGreeny

[url= http://firefox.org/news/articles/878/1/Editorial----The-Writers-Strike-Bigger-Longer-and-Strikier-Than-Ever/Page1.html] Read This [/url]

This explains the whole issue in great detail. Apparently writers are seriously getting screwed to no end, and executives of the big studios are trying to downplay the blame as if the writers are being greedy when in actuality it looks quite the other way around. When ever you pay for a show, 1/3 of a penny for every dollar goes to the writers. However, when you pay for a show with Itunes or through the internet, of the 2.99 you paid for 1/3 of every dollar doesn't go to the writers. As it turns out, the writers get NOTHING. They want their 1/3 penny per episode like they've always had with everything else, but the executives aren't budging... What is this? the early 1900's again? **** you rich executives. Spin the media all you want, the writers are right about this ****.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Wow. Didn't realize that the writers got screwed so badly. **** sucks. ;(

I suppose the industry is going to come to a near grinding halt, which means neither party will make much of a profit. The only question is who caves in first?

Posted by Cloudstud

10 bucks says we are going to see a massive amounts of reality and game shows soon!

Posted by WillisGreeny

I radther keep my 10 bucks :D

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Whatever happens I hope the writers get rewarded and the top officials pay up.

Posted by TimeSkipz

As if they don't make enough money anyways, they have an easy job compared to middle class citizens :(.

Posted by Crazy K

I believe the strikes over. I haven't heard anything on the news about it, and I believe there are new episodes of the Colbert Report and the Daily Show. The writers for both shows went on strike as well.

Posted by Fate

If I don't get my Heroes... :mad2:

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I hear Heroes is a good show. I'd watch it, but I completely missed the first season.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I believe the strikes over. I haven't heard anything on the news about it, and I believe there are new episodes of the Colbert Report and the Daily Show. The writers for both shows went on strike as well.

Negotiations start back up on the 26th. Don't think any writers have gone back to work.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting MottaTheHutt: I hear Heroes is a good show. I'd watch it, but I completely missed the first season.

So download it. You'll be hooked.

Posted by Ant

I've been affected for the first time so far by this strike. They're cutting Dexter short :( Figures when I finally get into the show it has to end early.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting TimeSkipz: As if they don't make enough money anyways, they have an easy job compared to middle class citizens :(.

Being a script writer for TV is one of the most stressful jobs in show business, shush. Though I would argue teachers should make more than them.

Posted by Raeth

good thing i don't watch TV. and when I do, it's always on the History channel lol

Posted by Ant

Oh man, I always hate people who boast the fact that they don't watch TV. You know what I mean?

Posted by WillisGreeny

"I'm better than you TV watchers, I read books. You can't do both since they're complete opposites."
Something like that?

Posted by Raeth

oh yes, because I was so boasting up there
actually, I just have better things to do than watch TV. you know...school. i'll watch it during the summer sometimes, but its just not all that entertaining. video games are much more interesting than TV.

Posted by Shade

T.V is far better than school.

Posted by Raeth

opinion =P
my courses are very interesting.

the only show I really like is Whose Line Is It Anyway. And seeing as how that's an Improv show I dont think it'd be affected by the strike

Posted by zswordflame

Quoting Shade: T.V is far better than school.

your an idiot. tv is for brianless bastards. maybe u shuld learn something good by going ot school instead, idiot.

Posted by Raeth

um, Zswordflame, that's really uncalled for.
and if you're going to insult someone's intelligence, at least sounds smart yourself...

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: your an idiot. tv is for brianless bastards. maybe u shuld learn something good by going ot school instead, idiot.

Dude, you can't even spell let alone form a coherent sentence. Take your own advice.

Get the **** off this site.

Posted by WillisGreeny

u gais r dum, teh vay es pad.