Two-tone hair

Posted by Sable Wind

I'm thinking of getting my hair dyed dark brown or red, then getting the bottom a honey-blonde color... I told my boyfriend and he said he'd really prefer if I didn't dye my hair. I'm going to wait until after I see him in December to decide.

Should I do it? :O

Posted by xuclo

If you want to, do it. Screw him. :D
I don't know what you look like, so I can't say whether or not it would look great to me.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=xuclo;779035]If you want to, do it. Screw him. :D
I don't know what you look like, so I can't say whether or not it would look great to me.

With that attitude you'll be alone forever :D.

Posted by mis0

I wouldn't. Hair that has been dyed almost always appears to be terribly parched, fried, or in some other state of distress. Having natural hair color isn't a bad thing; put that same money into making it sleek, soft, and shiny. It'll look and feel great.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=mis0;779134]I wouldn't. Hair that has been dyed almost always appears to be terribly parched, fried, or in some other state of distress.

Yeah my friend can't get any more perms because she killed her hair from dieing it too much.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Sable Wind: I'm thinking of getting my hair dyed dark brown or red, then getting the bottom a honey-blonde color... I told my boyfriend and he said he'd really prefer if I didn't dye my hair. I'm going to wait until after I see him in December to decide.

It's his job as boyfriend to like it no matter what. Go for it.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Not really, when a guy asks a girl out he likes how she already is, theres no need for change in the eyes of the guy unless they're one of those guys who will take anything they can get .

EDIT: then again you did commit yourself to a relationship so something like the colour of your hair shouldn't matter.

Posted by Xero

It's your head. You do what you want with it. If you think a color would fit you better, then go for it. Ignore what people will think of you.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Sucre;779185] If you think a color would fit you better

Sucre you've betrayed the Canadian English language, how could you use color instead of colour?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Hair that has been dyed almost always appears to be terribly parched, fried, or in some other state of distress.

Maybe if you constantly dye it, but if you take care of your hair properly it'll still be healthy. Anywho, who ****ing cares what your boyfriend thinks? It's just hair, not like it's a tattoo or anything permanent.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

YOUR BOYFRIEND IS CONTROLLING YOU, BREAK OFF THE SHACKLES OF OPPRESSION

Seriously - just do what you want.

Posted by Sable Wind

lol Yay.

Yeah, honestly, my hair is already soft, sleek & shiny, don't mean to brag, but I have great hair. I just feel like doing something different with it. If you dye it once it won't be ****ed 4 lyfe. I plan on getting a temporary color first to see if I like it, and if I do then I'll go for the whole shebang. :D

My boyfriend just likes my hair as it is and is resistant to change but oh well. I wouldn't care if it was something I was unsure about, but I really do wanna dye my hair, and my decision on my hair overrides his. He may be able to give valuable input or offer his opinion, but that's about it...

Posted by Borealis

You definitely should, I've two-toned dyed my hair before and didn't like it at all, but I'm a boy.

I overheard a girl in class saying how she wants her men to tell her what to do 'cause of how hot she find it. Needless to say, I was irked a bit. :stars:

Posted by Omni

Do what you want. It's not like it's his hair.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Sable Wind: I'm thinking of getting my hair dyed dark brown or red, then getting the bottom a honey-blonde color... I told my boyfriend and he said he'd really prefer if I didn't dye my hair. I'm going to wait until after I see him in December to decide.

Sounds like my hair. Go for it.

Posted by S

I always find myself drawn to girls with hair dyed an unnatural color. It's kind of annoying to be honest, if it's good it's good. Only problem is that if it's bad, it's really ****in' bad.

Posted by Sable Wind

[quote=Fate;779367][COLOR=skyblue]Sounds like my hair. Go for it.[/COLOR]

I was actually inspired my your hair, but I don't wanna get the blonde highlights all over it because I don't think that would look nice on me. But I've always liked the dark hair contrasted with the blonde. :x

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

I say, go for it if you want, and tell your boyfriend to shove it if he doesn't like it. Just don't go overboard- your hair will be fried and dry and frizzy and just an utter mess if you do, and no one likes that. I should know. But, hey, if you do dye it too many times, just use a flat iron every now and then and its good as new.

Posted by junior senior

don't do it. all the whores are doing it nowadays :(

Posted by xuclo

Quoting TimeSkipz: With that attitude you'll be alone forever :D.
I don't want someone who loves me because my hair is a certain color.

Quoting TimeSkipz: Sucre you've betrayed the Canadian English language, how could you use color instead of colour?

For the record, Canadian-English isn't a language. It's either a dialect or an accent or English.

Quoting The X: YOUR BOYFRIEND IS CONTROLLING YOU, BREAK OFF THE SHACKLES OF OPPRESSION

Yeah basically :)

If he really loves you, your hair color won't be that big of a deal.

Posted by Fate

Protip: Don't do the top of your hair. Maintaining it will kill your wallet. If your hair is really dark like mine, aim for a lighter color to bring attention to the change. If you want a honey-blonde color, good luck with the maintenance on that, since dying multiple times for the upkeep will give you a color you don't want-- which is why I suggest you aim for a lighter color in the first place.

I've got platinum blonde on the bottom and as it goes higher it's a caramel color. Neat.

Posted by fates warning

its up to you, but that looks awful 90% of the time

Posted by Sable Wind

[quote=xuclo;779497]
If he really loves you, your hair color won't be that big of a deal.

lol I'm sure X was kidding. It's not that big a deal. I didn't mean for it to sound like he was controlling me...

[quote]Protip: Don't do the top of your hair. Maintaining it will kill your wallet. If your hair is really dark like mine, aim for a lighter color to bring attention to the change. If you want a honey-blonde color, good luck with the maintenance on that, since dying multiple times for the upkeep will give you a color you don't want-- which is why I suggest you aim for a lighter color in the first place.

I've got platinum blonde on the bottom and as it goes higher it's a caramel color. Neat.

My hair is medium brown with lots of red in it (I'm planning to dye the top part darker, probably dark dark red)... and I'm kind of confused about what you said. What are you saying I should do? *dumb on hair dying/color*

[quote]its up to you, but that looks awful 90% of the timeI like it. :D

Posted by fates warning

whatever you do, dont do blonde and dark red

Posted by Sable Wind

Why? lol I figured a warmer blonde color would blend well with really dark red. I know red is hard to maintain so I was planning on pretty much brown with deep red tones.

Posted by xuclo

Do white and red. Hellllzyeah

Posted by fates warning

Quoting Sable Wind: Why? lol I figured a warmer blonde color would blend well with really dark red. I know red is hard to maintain so I was planning on pretty much brown with deep red tones.

maybe its just the shades, but the people ive seen with red/blonde look really tacky and whorrish. brown and and dark red shouldnt be bad though

Posted by xuclo

Black and dark red would probably look better. Brown looks weird with other colors.

Posted by Sable Wind

Never black. EVER

Posted by junior senior

get this

Posted by mis0

What? You want her to get rid of her soul? I thought we're talking about her hair..?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: its up to you, but that looks awful 90% of the time

No it doesn't. Assuming you don't go to a ****ty stylist or try it yourself when you know you can't do it. It's not hard to get it right if you're halfway smart about it.

Posted by fates warning

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: No it doesn't. Assuming you don't go to a ****ty stylist or try it yourself when you know you can't do it. It's not hard to get it right if you're halfway smart about it.

well I guess I could see it, but everyone I know who has that did it themselves and it looks like crap.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Sable Wind: My hair is medium brown with lots of red in it (I'm planning to dye the top part darker, probably dark dark red)... and I'm kind of confused about what you said. What are you saying I should do? *dumb on hair dying/color*

Undyed, unpermed, and untreated hair is the best to work with. If your hair is your natural color on the top, keep it that way. If you dye your hair a different color on the top, eventually your roots will show and it looks tacky to have a mess of color. Dye only the bottom. It still gives you the pretty effect you're aiming for with significantly less money spent on the upkeep of two colors.

A really bad example of hair would be when you see some chick with her hair dyed a Kool-Aid red on the tips, the rest is black with her blonde roots showing. Ewwww.