Ungrounded

Posted by Creedence

'Bout **** time too, had no computer.
So how have things been in my absence?

Posted by Xero

You've been grounded for how long? I remember you saying you were back 2-3 months ago and you stopped posting the next day.

Welcome back.

Posted by Roger Smith

You must've really ****ed up to get grounded for 3 months lol.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I find this really funny. What were you grounded for? And congrates to your parents for actually enforcing a grounding... there's not many of those anymore.

Posted by Xero

Quoting WillisGreeny: And congrates to your parents for actually enforcing a grounding... there's not many of those anymore.

What makes you say that? I'm pretty sure it happens a lot. It's usually a good punishment.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Maybe it's just an American thing... Or Iowan... A lot of parents ground kids in my home town that take away nearly no privileges.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Quoting Roger Smith: You must've really ****ed up to get grounded for 3 months lol.

I just recently got off from being grounded for a year. He's got nothing.

Posted by Omni

I think I remember you. What did you do to get grounded?

Posted by Arcadios

Huh, I never got grounded....ever.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: I just recently got off from being grounded for a year. He's got nothing.

Good Christ. What on earth did YOU do?

Quoting Arcadios: Huh, I never got grounded....ever.

Same here. I had different kinds of punishments.

Posted by The Judge

I have no clue who you are.

A series of things, Sucre. A series of things; my year-long absence from VGC was the result of this, really; and you could say it backwards, too! My year long grounding was the result of me being on VGC. I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but you might care to read my "Lol Fundamentalists" thread....

Posted by Ant

Things have sucked without you. Don't ever leave again.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: but you might care to read my "Lol Fundamentalists" thread....

I did, but that thread wasn't made it a year ago. Or did this event make your grounding time longer?

*Sighs*
No.
My parents freaked out when they actually visited VGC, and grounded me for hanging out with such vile people on the internet.
Of course, a year before THAT event, I was grounded for cussing out my cousin on a chatroom, but ended up just sneaking back on anyway, so my parents figured, what the heck? She's going on, at least we know what she's doing. So they let me back on (after a year of me sneaking on) and I start coming here, and then I am grounded for doing so. Now, I am back and all is well and good in the world of Kendra. My dad talked some sense into my mom, that no, not EVERYONE in forums were creeps.
...And THAT is how I became the Fresh Prince of a town called Bel-Air!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe:
My parents freaked out when they actually visited VGC, and grounded me for hanging out with such vile people on the internet.

OH YEAH WE'RE SO EVIL! :rolleyes:

lol

Posted by WillisGreeny

seriously... you can't say **** with out stars, so what's the big deal

Posted by Ant

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: *Sighs*
No.
Of course, a year before THAT event, I was grounded for cussing out my cousin on a chatroom, but ended up just sneaking back on anyway, so my parents figured, what the heck? She's going on, at least we know what she's doing. So they let me back on (after a year of me sneaking on) and I start coming here, and then I am grounded for doing so. Now, I am back and all is well and good in the world of Kendra. My dad talked some sense into my mom, that no, not EVERYONE in forums were creeps.
...And THAT is how I became the Fresh Prince of a town called Bel-Air!

I'm going to hunt you down and have my way with you. have your socks OFF when i get there.

Quoting Ant: I'm going to hunt you down and have my way with you. have your socks OFF when i get there.

Why did I know someone was going to say something along those lines..?

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Kendra, Warrior Babe: Why did I know someone was going to say something along those lines..?

Make sure Ant is the predator this time. :D

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Sucre: You've been grounded for how long? I remember you saying you were back 2-3 months ago and you stopped posting the next day.

Welcome back.

As soon as I went back to school and took my first PreAp Algebra 2 test my grade went to hell. I hate that class. Anyway, dad was like get your grade up or stay grounded, its hard to get a 29% to 80%, i finished of the first quarter with barely a D. Also, I'm in school posting right now and I have a math test 6th hour, this is lunch in the EAST lab. Two more hours to go. You guys might not hear for me cept when I'm in school from now on.

Thank you *** for proxys.

Also I might have got a few spare times for enet, but i snuck on Xblive and got caught on a regular basis. And I was up to my usual mischief making.

Quoting The Judge: I have no clue who you are.

MMX&oldies_Fan name changedness.

Posted by cool gamer dad

Man, I remember when I used to get grounded. I'd be in trouble for something stupid every day.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'd only get grounded for being late for ****, but my parents version of being grounded means not seeing friends and nothing else.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Creedence: its hard to get a 29% to 80%.

Indeed. I know how it feels. I remember screwing an exam bad and my parents wanted an 80% (at least) out of me. I think I had to get at least 90% in the next 2 exams in order to reach that final mark and boy did I fail anyways. Just couldn't grasp the bloody material. But I didn't get grounded for it. Simply surpervised with every homework I did for the next 3 months. I was 16 and my parents were supervising my work! I was ****ed like there was no tomorrow.

Although the end result of that supervisor is that I passed with like 86% the next term. :)

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm with Judge on this one, who is this again?

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I've never been grounded. Having to stay inside was a pleasure for me, so I guess my parents were like \(0_o)/

haha, yeah, same here. My mom was just like "**** doesn't work anyways, what's the point?"

Posted by Xero

What were your punishements, Vamp? Did any have any effect on you? ;)

Nothing had an effect on me when I was a kid, so I didn't get punished. Not like I was a bad kid anyways, so it didn't really matter.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Usually if I done something bad, I'd act remorseful, even if I wasn't. Always made my parents feel bad.

My mom just gave me that disappointed look and not say anything.

Posted by Creedence

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: I'm with Judge on this one, who is this again?

I can't expect nobody to remember me, but we played Vegas a couple times Vamp, my tags corupted gamer, I think your even on my f list. Distorted Air was it?

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: My mom just gave me that disappointed look and not say anything.

I'd get that AND a speech that would last sometimes 3 hours. =/

Posted by cool gamer dad

Jee wizz. Look. The intelligent members had intelligent parents that didn't punish them, and the members of average intelligence had average parents that did punish them.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Even if my parents believed in grounding I was never really bad enough to qualify.

Posted by Arcadios

Awww, man. Now all I can think about is like chibi vamp.

Posted by S

I got grounded for bad grades all the time. Didn't help at all.

Posted by Arcadios

Ha, I always take my report card from the mail box before my parent's even check.
Now I try half way and the grades are around 75-85% so there isn't anything to worry about rly.

Posted by Omni

Quoting Arcadios: Awww, man. Now all I can think about is like chibi vamp.

After reading this, that's all I can think of, too.

Quoted post: I can't expect nobody to remember me, but we played Vegas a couple times Vamp, my tags corupted gamer, I think your even on my f list. Distorted Air was it?

Oh ok. I didn't know you changed your name.

Posted by misogenie

This non-physical punishment could be harmless for some kids but harmful for other kids. I wouldn't leave out grounding if it's responsible for worse crime like studenticide - the killing of students. As a parent, I would pay money to encourage the student to do homework or housework such as mowing the lawn or washing the dishes. This kind of positive grounding would make the student a decent hardworking kidult citizen.

Posted by Slade

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: My mom just gave me that disappointed look and not say anything.

I used to get that look any time I wasn't outside digging post-holes or chopping down trees. It gets depressing after awhile, I mean it seems like there was an aura of "you will never amount to anything" following my parents around. Oh, right, and it was backed by an aura of "BUT WE LOVE YOU ANYWAYS"

My parents tried limiting my time on the computer/TV, but it was definitely more harmful than helpful. For one, the restrictions were put in place 'cause I had played video games for two hours one day. It's a stupid rule.

At least, out of all this, I've been able to see how stupid freaking out about anything is. I'm pretty much the opposite of my parent's high-tension personalities.

Posted by pc_gamer22

8800 OWNS ALL

Posted by Roger Smith

lol, video cards.

Posted by Shade

Quoting WillisGreeny: Maybe it's just an American thing... Or Iowan... A lot of parents ground kids in my home town that take away nearly no privileges.

Yeah, here's what happened to me once after I "back-talked" a bit too much.

Mom: David, you're grounded for the the weekend.
Me: But there's a football game tonight, can't miss it.
Mom: Oh, nevermind then.

lol football

Posted by Shade

Yup. We lost that game 42-3 which ended our season at 2-7.

Good times.

shoulda just killed yourself

Posted by Moogs

Hah, I feel your pain man. I joined here about 2 years ago. And a year or so ago I was grounded for 4 months. From computer, car, friends, xbox. I had TV though :). Thank *** for Comedy Central

Posted by ExoXile

Oh that's right, you get your cars at 16 and you're not adults until 21.
Forgot about that. :)

Silly americans.

Posted by WillisGreeny

America, the happiest place on earth.

Posted by Ant

shut up

Posted by s0ul

psh, adults at 18. But we can't drink til 3 years after we can get married, go to war, etc etc

Posted by ExoXile

Thus, not fully considered an adult.

Posted by s0ul

I don't think you know how America works. Stick to your made-up "Sweden." Please.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

sup similar-to-sweden british laws

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=s0ul;783802]I don't think you know how America works. Stick to your made-up "Sweden." Please.
No, my girlfriend just happens to be one.

:)

Also, Sweden actually teaches about other countries.

this is why I delete so many of your posts in DA.

Posted by Shade

[quote]Oh that's right, you get your cars at 16 and you're not adults until 21.

And the whole R-Movies M-Games thing at seventeen is stupid. I'm allowed to operate a 2-ton piece of machinery and could quite possibly kill people while doing so at sixteen, but I can't see Saw IV? Bull****.

I blame Hillary Cliton.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shade: I'm allowed to operate a 2-ton piece of machinery and could quite possibly kill people while doing so at sixteen, but I can't see Saw IV? Bull****.

You can't go see Saw IV? Gosh america sucks....

Posted by Shade

Well, sneaking in is no problem, but it's still inconvenient.

Posted by Xero

As long as you don't get caught. I'm pretty sure you'd hate being being kicked out in front of everyone.

You don't get caught. They honestly don't care unless you start ****.

Posted by Xero

In Montreal, they care. They usually inspect the rooms making sure people aren't filming the movie to watch it at home again. And at the same time they check for underaged teenagers because a lot of people sneak in. It's a problem here that parents complained about. They weren't happy that kids were exposed to EXPLICIT violence =/

Bet they haven't seen their kids play Mortal Kombat yet.

Quebec is a ****hole though, doubt that affects Shade.

Posted by Xero

True.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;783924]this is why I delete so many of your posts in DA.
This is also why I would have no bigger problem getting banned, from DA.

Could understand if I was lying, but I ain't.
Also, I never said anything about Canada.
[spoiler]They go easy on pot. O_O.[/spoiler]

Wouldn't care if you did, but when they vast majority of your posts are about the greatness of sweden it gets old quick.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Shade: And the whole R-Movies M-Games thing at seventeen is stupid. I'm allowed to operate a 2-ton piece of machinery and could quite possibly kill people while doing so at sixteen, but I can't see Saw IV? Bull****.

A New Mexico d-class license, which a driver can get at sixteen as well, allow said driver to operate a vehicle that weighs up to 26,000lbs. I always thought it was crazy that I could drive something that heavy while I can't legally drink a glass of wine until I'm 21.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;784047]Wouldn't care if you did, but when they vast majority of your posts are about the greatness of sweden it gets old quick.
Fair enough.
But this isn't DA.

I merely uttered my opinion.

I'm sorry, you had to see it, Vamp.

And as did I. I have the feeling everyone here doesn't give a **** about sweden

Posted by ExoXile

Woho.
Know why?
Because most people here probably don't even know that Sweden is a country.

But that's beside the point.
I was talking about the whole driving at 16 and drinking at 21.
You may, if it pleases you, leave Sweden out of it.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Don't know Sweden's a country? THAT'S THE FIRST PROVINCE I GET WHEN I PLAY AS DENMARK IN MIDEVIL TOTAL WAR! Iron deposit allows upgrades for my viking's weapons, so it's a nice place to get early.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Medieval countires =/= modern countries. AINT THAT RIGHT, 13 COLONIES OF GREAT BRITAIN

Posted by ExoXile

See?

Quoted post: Woho.
Know why?
Because most people here probably don't even know that Sweden is a country.

Probably don't give a **** either.

Posted by ExoXile

Ignorance is bliss, right?

It's more likely they just don't care about a country that really doesn't have an impact on their daily life.

Posted by ExoXile

Except it has.
They just don't know, that's ignorance.

And it would appear you don't know either.

Jesus Christ, in terms of current, daily events. No one cares about a country that doesn't impact them, that's why barely anyone knew about the middle-east until the war. Those countries don't matter to the average person and there's really no reason they should.

Posted by ExoXile

Well, ok.
If that is what you think.

It's not, but that's how the majority of people feel, hence your obvious need to stat otherwise. I'm just informing you it's annoying and, again, no one actually cares.

Posted by ExoXile

A simple one would be Sony Ericsson.
Most often I know where stuff comes from, at least...

... yeah. Good for you, dude.

Posted by ExoXile

I know. :)

Posted by mis0

Guys, you're going about this all the wrong way. The best way to judge a country and it's people is by the cars it creates.

Swedes know how to make boring, yet safe and tough cars.

Canadians are stupid and do not engineer cars. Which is pretty funny because even Australians can make cars, and they're all criminals.

Sweden, therefore, is more relevant than Canada. And everywhere else that doesn't make cars, for that matter.

tl;dr: Sound reasoning used to prove Sweden is more relevant than many large portions of the world.

Posted by s0ul

I think more importantly if we stopped making up countries like Sweden and Canada and New Mexico (no one even likes the first one, wtf) we wouldn't have to argue about them. *** bless America.

Posted by mis0

New Mexico is a state, retard.

Posted by s0ul

I think I just facepalmed so hard I gave myself a concussion.

Posted by mis0

Yeah, I realize you're being sarcastic, but when I've traveled out of state, I've had to explain that NM is, indeed, one of fifty states in the union. People are really stupid.

Posted by Omni

I can't believe I just read all that. Way to go, Exo. Someone make a poll to have mention of Sweden banned from VGC as a whole. Seriously, that **** was dumb. Oh, and who actually cares about the Sony Ericsson?

Posted by ExoXile

No one cares about about you, Queen.

Man, don't think Vamp's banned anyone funny for awhile. Change that.

Quoted post: No one cares about about you, Queen.

I care.

And who am I banning now?

Posted by Ant

Ridley_04 again.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;784540]I care.
Good for you.

[quote]And who am I banning now?Go ahead.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The X: Medieval countires =/= modern countries. AINT THAT RIGHT, 13 COLONIES OF GREAT BRITAIN

Haha, "Great" Britain.

Posted by s0ul

So I heard Creedence is back.

Posted by ExoXile

Also, 'Sweden' is something you come up with.
Svea, and Sverige ain't.

>=(

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Dude, Sweden has no impact on anything. Neutral in every war of the past century, no notable Swedes, no famous Swedish bands... Sony Ericsson is the best you could think of? Only thing I can think of is that they re-supplied everyone after the Second World War...

jee wizz

Posted by ExoXile

Be happy you've got a refrigerator, dumbhead.

No impact on anything, hah.

Want me to go on on how Sweden makes a bigger impact than you think, or do you want to look it up yourself?

Also, it's the two past centuries.
You can't tell me you're enough of an idiot to tell me that's bad, right?

Quoted post: Go ahead.

Who the **** is that?

Also, shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut up. Seriously, dude. Shut up.

Posted by ExoXile

What is it that bothers you so much about it?
That I'm right?

And I thought you meant me, indirectly.

hahaha, oh jesus

Posted by ExoXile

I still don't know why it bothers you.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=ExoXile;784666]Also, it's the two past centuries.
You can't tell me you're enough of an idiot to tell me that's bad, right?
Not when they're like 'hey gais, we dont care that the nazis are running riot on our continent, btw ty hitler you aint so bad buddy'

Anyway dude, we were only kidding. Sorta.

Quoted post: I still don't know why it bothers you.

It doesn't. You're just making yourself look like an idiot.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=The X;784726]Not when they're like 'hey gais, we dont care that the nazis are running riot on our continent, btw ty hitler you aint so bad buddy'

Just because we weren't officially in the war, doesn't mean we weren't.
One of me neighbours(also a drinking buddy, btw) is turning 87, he was in it.
And he wasn't fighting for Hitler, buddy.

[quote=Vamp]It doesn't. You're just making yourself look like an idiot.
Because I know what I'm talking about?
Then I'll gladly be one.

Posted by Shade

Quoting The X: Dude, Sweden has no impact on anything. Neutral in every war of the past century, no notable Swedes, no famous Swedish bands... Sony Ericsson is the best you could think of? Only thing I can think of is that they re-supplied everyone after the Second World War...

jee wizz

In Flames and Opeth are pretty popular.

Also, Swedish girls are hot.

Posted by ExoXile

Perter stormare, Stellan Skarsg

Posted by Omni

By the way, most (as in, 99% at least) of the major innovations and inventions of the last 200 years came from countries that aren't Sweden, so stop talking about it already.

Posted by ExoXile

You give me proof of the 99% you're speaking of.
I'd also like you to define 'major', please.

Posted by Shade

Sliced bread. Major innovation.

Posted by ExoXile

Just look crap up before you speak, please, Queen.

There are 192 countries in the world, and I can assure you that Sweden has invented more 'major' crap than most of them.
So, know, before you talk.

I never said Sweden was the greatest country in the world.
I merely defended it against ignorant statements.
You were the ones starting to say Sweden sucks.

Posted by Omni

Quoting ExoXile: You give me proof of the 99% you're speaking of.
I'd also like you to define 'major', please.

Major would be things that changed and forwarded the devlopment of society and human civilization on a large scale. Major things like the industrial revolution, something that happened in America and not Sweden. I'm pretty sure that alone is more major than anything that's come from Sweden.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Queen;784791]Major things like the industrial revolution, something that happened in America and not Sweden.

It happend aroud the world, idiot.

Started in Britain.

Might I also add that the world's first papermill was built in Sweden, I'm living like, 2 miles away from it.

Once again, look crap up before you open your mouth.
K?

Posted by Shade

Quoting Queen: Major would be things that changed and forwarded the devlopment of society and human civilization on a large scale. Major things like the industrial revolution, something that happened in America and not Sweden. I'm pretty sure that alone is more major than anything that's come from Sweden.

Yeah, the Industrial Revolution was confined to America. Idiot.

Posted by Omni

It started in America, idiots. Both of you. We invented mass production and the assembly line.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Sweden = Fridge
USA = Atomic Bomb

In terms of bigger impact...

Posted by S

Nationalism is to retarded as Freddie Mercury is to gay.

Posted by Omni

Good thing I'm not a nationalist then. It's just annoying that some people so fervently are that they have little else to talk about, ever.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I thought Joan of Arc was a *****

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Queen;785075]It started in America, idiots.
You're wrong.
Look it up.

[quote]It's just annoying that some people so fervently are that they have little else to talk about, ever.I don't.
I pretty much just defended Sweden in this thread.

You're just being anti-sweden.

So, shut up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Queen;785075]It started in America, idiots. Both of you. We invented mass production and the assembly line.
oh jee wizz, shut up. You're seriously wrong.

[quote=Wikipedia; The Industrial Revolution]The Industrial Revolution was a period in the late 18th and early 19th centuries when major changes in agriculture, manufacturing, and transportation had a profound effect on [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socioeconomics"]socioeconomic[/URL] and [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural"]cultural[/URL] conditions in [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain"]Britain[/URL] and subsequently spread throughout Europe and North America and eventually the world

Posted by S

Hello, interdependency.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Wikipedia]
Stora, oldest limited company in the world

Stora was, by one count, the oldest existing [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation"]corporation[/URL] or [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_liability_company"]limited liability company[/URL] in the world. Originally known as Stora [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopparberg"]Kopparberg[/URL], it was granted a charter from King [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_IV_of_Sweden"]Magnus IV of Sweden[/URL] in [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1347"]1347[/URL]. The first [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_%28finance%29"]share[/URL] in the company is however dated already in [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1288"]1288[/URL] and mining in the mountain had started possibly much earlier.

I guess we had industry a couple of hundred years before you, Queen. :)

Posted by mis0

Quoting Queen: It started in America, idiots. Both of you. We invented mass production and the assembly line.

Yeah, you're only off by maybe 200 years and 3500 miles.

Posted by Rhea

Well, if we are arguing whether Sweden or the United States of America has come up with better inventions that have impacted our world, I would have to say the US blows Sweden out of the water. Inventors from the US have not only invented great innovations in technology such as flight and the telephone, but they have also came up with the first forms of a true Democracy. An invention such as the cotton gin was one of the most economically-important inventions in the last 300 years. Also, did anyone even think about how the Internet actually originated in America?
Although, I would say that America was definitely not where the industrial revolution originated. The assembly line really didn’t appear full-scale until the 20th century. While the Industrial revolution had nothing to do with the assembly line as it took place in the late 18th century and early 19th century.
Also, I wouldn’t say Sweden is great for founding corporations such as Ikea. A furniture store? Honestly, who the **** cares.

Although, I would say that America was definitely not where the industrial revolution originated. While the revolution happened in many areas around the globe, the first spark was lit in Europe. Sweden's relevance is quite limited to metal bands and car companies such as Volvo. That's all Americans really care about and to be quite honest, they don't really care about where the products came from either as it really doesn't matter in the whole scheme of things.

So...

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785296]Sweden's relevance is quite limited to metal bands and car companies such as Volvo.
I'm getting tired at this idiocy.
Who are you talk about Sweden's relevance?

Look **** up before you talk.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Gives us examples of its relevance. You haven't so far.

Posted by Rhea

Sweden is alright I guess. It looks nice and I have been there a few times. Although I would say that in the grand scheme of the world, the country just doesn't matter. I understand exactly why Vampiro was arguing that with you.

Posted by Omni

Quoting ExoXile: I guess we had industry a couple of hundred years before you, Queen. :)

Industry and major industry aren't the same thing, although Sweden's idea of major industry is probably a lot smaller than that of large countries that have huge economies. I wouldn't be surprised if most states in the US earn more money per year through industry than your entire country.

Posted by ExoXile

Swedish medicine.

Look it up, see how relevant it is.

[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden#International_rankings"]After this, please shut up.[/URL]

Please note:
[quote=Wikipedia]Nation Master's list by Technological Achievement
4th

I said, look **** up.
Idiot.

Also, [COLOR=Silver][SIZE=5]OMFG.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Posted by Shade

[quote=Tesla]they have also come up with the first true forms of a Democracy.

It's a shame that ancient Athenian society was the first democracy. Beats the US by a long shot.

[quote=Tesla]Although I would say that in the grand scheme of the world, the country just doesn't matter. I understand exactly why Vampiro was arguing that with you.

And what happens if you argue that point to a Swede? They're going to argue back. And if you respond to the counter-argument, then you have yourself this never-ending cycle of the merits and demerits of Sweden.

Posted by Rhea

lol @ using Sweden wikipedia page as source to prove Sweden's relevance.

Anyways, nothing you have said is really convincing. I am neither American nor Swedish so I consider myself to be an unbias source. Although, I would like to know why this bothers you. You asked the same question earlier. I would suggest that you just quit talking.

Quoting Shade: It's a shame that ancient Athenian society was the first democracy. Beats the US by a long shot.

The Athenians are credited for having the first democracy, yes. However, by that logic, it could be said that the first democracy took place thousands of years earlier when nomads were just beginning to farm.

I never said that America was the first democracy. I said that it was the first "true" democracy. True, meaning a modern structure. The Athenians were divided into city-states. There was really no structure of the modern democracy that we know of today involving a federal government ruled by the people which is economically self-sufficient.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Shade;785366]And what happens if you argue that point to a Swede? They're going to argue it. And if you respond back to the argument, then you have yourself this never-ending cycle of the merits and demerits of Sweden.
idk man, I don't feel my country - Scotland - has any impact on the international scene. ****, most people think we're a part of England. I'd probably accept that while we did some awesome things in the past (sup TVs), we're pretty useless now.

Posted by Rhea

There is nothing bad with not having a huge impact on the world, which can often lead to terrible foreign policy. (sup USA)

Sweden is a great company and has a great economy. I am not bashing the country itself, just building on the point already made that it is basically not that important when it comes to world politics.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785368]lol @ using Sweden wikipedia page as source to prove Sweden's relevance.
It's fact.
Look at the references.

Lol @ Tesla, where'd you come from?

I'm not saying Sweden is awesome.
I'm saying it's more relevant than most of you think.
Is it that hard to accept?

[quote=Shade]And what happens if you argue that point to a Swede? They're going to argue back. And if you respond to the counter-argument, then you have yourself this never-ending cycle of the merits and demerits of Sweden.
Exactly.
Thank you, Shade.

Posted by Rhea

Quoting ExoXile: It's fact.
Look at the references.

Point me in the direction of a more credible source if you really want to validate a point which you are defending so terribly.

[QUOTE=ExoXile;785385]
I'm not saying Sweden is awesome.
I'm saying it's more relevant than most of you think.
Is it that hard to accept?

Yet to see anything that makes it very relevant in my mind. Just haven't seen these facts you speak of, that's all. Hard to accept? no.

Posted by ExoXile

Look it up yourself.

I don't care enough.
Besides, once again, where the hell did you come from?

I know I'm right, until you know I'm not, I suggest you shut up. :)

Posted by Rhea

Clearly you were arguing your own point that Sweden was somehow this extremely relevant country. The point wasn’t argued well, on your part, obviously. Evidently you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t make such a big deal about it for so long in this thread starting with Vampiro and ending with me. I suggest that you wouldn’t act so foolish and tell me to shut up when your information was clearly sub-par.

As I said before, I am not bashing Sweden at all so there is no need to get defensive. However, saying that Sweden, as a country, is extremely relevant in today’s world, is in fact way off the mark, and perceptibly bias as it is coming from the mind of a Swede. I would advise either to dispute your points better or to shut up. It’s your call. Also, way to completely derail a thread on account of your negligence.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785389]Also, way to completely derail a thread on account of your negligence.
Way to completely add to it.
Shut up.

And no, I don't care.

I have made my point, you just won't take it.

You won't even allow me to have my own opinion, and I am allowed to back them up with references if I choose to.

Also, I didn't derail it on my own.

Posted by Rhea

Nobody will take it. Because it's bull****.

Try again.

Posted by Shade

Tesla, you're basically saying that the United States has a more modern and effective democratic system than Athens. This is incorrect. Both practice a different type of democracy.

The United States has an indirect democratic system. Where the citizens elect other people to vote on matters as their representatives. Also, while you're praising the USA's democratic system, I'm going to remind you that in the last two presidential elections, the candidate that the majority of people voted for has not ended up in office.

Athens was an example of a direct democracy, where the people voted on legislation in their own right.

So, yes, you're wrong. They're both "true" democracies, but each had a different type. Athens still remains as the first "true" democratic society.

EDIT: AND FOR THE LOVE OF ***, STOP EGGING HIM ON.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785393]Nobody will take it. Because it's bull****.

Try again.

[quote=ExoXile][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]
I have made my point, you just won't take it.

You won't even allow me to have my own opinion, and I am allowed to back them up with references if I choose to.

Also, I didn't derail it on my own.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]

Prove me wrong instead, idiot.

And sorry I can't rep you Shade.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Posted by Rhea

Quoting Shade: Tesla, you're basically saying that the United States has a more modern and effective democratic system than Athens. This is incorrect. Both practice a different type of democracy.

Different? yes. therefore they are not the same. America was the first nation in the modern world to experiment with what we now know as democracy. Before then it was a fairly new concept. I am sure you have studied about all the philosophers and their concepts in which the new system revolved around. Thomas Paine, Jean Jacques Rousseau, etc. America took ideas from the more primitive form of democracy which was present in Athens and also ideas
form the Roman Republic which was, at times, corrupt. Regardless, the Athenian democracy of which you speak of has often been criticized. Sure it was a true democracy, but it was one in its earliest forms. Basically an experiment. The democracy of Athens was actually believed by many to be governed by a minority, not the majority, which by today's standards defines a democracy. There is no doubt that the Athenian democracy was the first example of a working democracy; however, it was not the true democracy that we think of as being a democracy today. Many of the writers who wrote about the Athenian democracy being a true form of democracy had no experience of ever functioning in this form of government as they were not even born in the same time period.

My point is that the United States is the first true form of a democracy in the modern world. It is what every other democratic nation's government in the world today is modeled after. I was mainly suggesting that America was the first to experiment with this ancient form of government in the modern world thus reinventing the system.

Alessandro Volta was credited for inventing the battery in 1799, even though the battery was not a new concept. Archaeologists have uncovered what they think as an ancient battery invented by the Ancient Egyptians. The concept was not new; however, it was reinvented.

I am not sure if that is a good example to compare with the United States and Athenian democracy, but it was the best I could come up with.

[QUOTE=Shade;785394]
The United States has an indirect democratic system. Where the citizens elect other people to vote on matters as their representatives. Also, while you're praising the USA's democratic system, I'm going to remind you that in the last two presidential elections, the candidate that the majority of people voted for has not ended up in office.

The United States uses the Democratic Republic system in which leaders are elected by the majority to represent them. It employs both the systems of democracy and republicanism. The candidate that wins the popular vote does not always end up in office; however, that is not what determines how our system works.

Just because the popular vote doesn't get a candidate into office doesn't mean that the US government is not a democracy.

Also, I never praised the US government.

[QUOTE=Shade;785394]
Athens was an example of a direct democracy, where the people voted on legislation in their own right.

The Athenian democracy was actually thought to have been a direct democracy in which the candidates were voted in by the minority of society. It was also a majoritarian society.

[QUOTE=Shade;785394]
So, yes, you're wrong. They're both "true" democracies, but each had a different type. Athens still remains as the first "true" democratic society.

EDIT: AND FOR THE LOVE OF ***, STOP EGGING HIM ON.

As I said before, by true I meant the modern democracy by which all democratic nations in the modern world have shaped their governments after.

[QUOTE=ExoXile;785397][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]

Prove me wrong instead, idiot.

Already gave my two cents. You have yet to respond with anything else other than whining and name-calling.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785422]You have yet to respond with anything else other than whining and name-calling.
Yeah, I have.
You have yet to prove me wrong, and even to challenge me with something useful and relevant to the debate.

And I think we all know that the US is relevent to the rest of the world already.

Posted by Shade

I didn't mean that it wasn't a democracy, simply that it is not always effective. I'd actually prefer a direct democracy like the Athenians had. And yes, I know that the voting in Athenian Society was limited.

By "true" democracy, I mean the first organized system of government that could be called a democracy. Not just what we think of a democracy as nowadays.

Posted by Rhea

Quoting ExoXile: Yeah, I have.
You have yet to prove me wrong, and even to challenge me with something useful and relevant to the debate.

And I think we all know that the US is relevent to the rest of the world already.

Have you just been tl;dr my posts? read the last page.

Posted by Rhea

Quoting Shade: I didn't mean that it wasn't a democracy, simply that it is not always effective. I'd actually prefer a direct democracy like the Athenians had. And yes, I know that the voting in Athenian Society was limited.

I wouldn't prefer either the American democratic system or the Athenian; however, that was not my point. My point is that America modernized democracy and set up the model that every other democratic system uses today. My point was suggesting that such an accomplishment is clearly more relevant that Swedish medicine or furniture.

[QUOTE=Shade;785432]
By "true" democracy, I mean the first organized system of government that could be called a democracy. Not just what we think of a democracy as nowadays.

Well that's what you define as true. I already said what I meant as being "true". Just organized in a different context. That doesn't mean I am wrong or my point is invalid.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785296]Well, if we are arguing whether Sweden or the United States of America has come up with better inventions that have impacted our world, I would have to say the US blows Sweden out of the water.
Yeah, my dad can beat up your dad too.

I want some proof, something concrete.
That statement doesn't prove anything.

Just anything.

And then I will come up with a counter-argue, because, as of yet, I have nothing to counter.

Posted by Rhea

You have to be serious.

Did you read anything I posted? Honestly. Or are you just that stupid? You have no argument. Just stop.

edit: here you go retard

http://vgchat.com/showpost.php?p=785296&postcount=129

Posted by Shade

Where the **** are the mods? Lock thread, please.

FINAL VERDICT: Sweden has its merits. As well as some **** good scenery. Done.

Posted by ExoXile

I don't have one?

This argument was about Sweden, and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.
The fridge, everyone's got one.
That's really all that needs to be said.

It was never a I-have-more-inventions-than-thou argument, are you sure you read it?

Posted by Nihilus

Quoting Tesla: My point is that America modernized democracy and set up the model that every other democratic system uses today.

Yeah, Iraq took on our system so willingly. I live in America and we are ran by *******s and greedy billionaires. I'm almost ashamed of what we have become. I wouldn't argue our positive impact on the world. If anything we have brought the human race one step closer to extinction. America is no better than conquerers of old, trying to force our way of life on other countries.

ninja'd a few times

Posted by Rhea

I was using the US as a reference for the comparison between a relevant country and a non-relevant country in the world today.

Quoted post: It was never a I-have-more-inventions-than-thou argument, are you sure you read it?

Quoted post: The fridge, everyone's got one.

Then what the **** are you talking about? Way to contradict yourself.

Quoting Nihilus: Yeah, Iraq took on our system so willingly. I live in America and we are ran by *******s and greedy billionaires. I'm almost ashamed of what we have become. I wouldn't argue our positive impact on the world. If anything we have brought the human race one step closer to extinction. America is no better than conquerers of old, trying to force our way of life on other countries.

ninja'd a few times

Yet another opinion from someone who really doesn't understand politics.

Seriously, how many more idiots you got on this forum? I don't remember it being this bad.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785459]
Then what the **** are you talking about? Way to contradict yourself.
[SIZE=7][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.
[SIZE=5]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=5][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Posted by Rhea

Quoting ExoXile: [SIZE=7][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.
[SIZE=5]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=5][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]and whether or not is has an impact on daily life.
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=7][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded
[SIZE=5]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=5][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785462][SIZE=7][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded
[SIZE=5]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=5][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded

[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver][FONT=Times new roman]You're ugly and retarded[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=7]
My gal disagrees.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5] My gal disagrees.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4] My gal disagrees.

[/SIZE]
My gal disagrees.[SIZE=2]

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1] My gal disagrees.

--

Also, out of stuff to say?
[/SIZE]

Posted by Rhea

I'm sorry.

Posted by Rhea

Well if we are doing the impact on daily life argument...

The internet wasn't invented in Sweden so...what now?
OFF, GET THE **** OFF!

Posted by Xero

Quoting ExoXile: ExoXile disagrees: Way to derep me, I take it you didn't read the whole thing. Idiot.

It's funny how I knew you'd de-rep me back.

I read Tesla's post and I agree with him. You, in return, make short stupid replies that annoy the crap out of me. When you'll bring out points that are actually relevant to what the guy is saying instead of just trying to act like a smart ***, I'll apologize for de-repping you.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Tesla;785468]Well if we are doing the impact on daily life argument...

The internet wasn't invented in Sweden so...what now?
OFF, GET THE **** OFF!
It was about if Sweden had an impact on daily life.
How does I read?

And your derep was just uncalled for, FG.

Posted by Rhea

It was if Sweden has relevance in the world today.*

Posted by ExoXile

Has it not?

Posted by Rhea

no

Posted by ExoXile

Ok, you win.

:)
[spoiler]Idiot.[/spoiler]

Posted by Xero

Quoting ExoXile:
And your derep was just uncalled for, FG.

I have to warn you when I want to de-rep you?

Anyways, I don't want to start a debate for a simple little comment. Let's forget about it.

Posted by mis0

Guys, I think you're all forgetting that BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen, and Audi are all German companies. So what do your respective countries have that's so great again?

Great Britian has Aston Martin, but until recently, all Aston Martin's used a lot of Ford bits. Jaguar sucks, because they can even make computers leak oil, TVR is okay but they're Russian-owned now, and MG is dead. Bentley, Rolls Royce, and Mini are all owned by either BMW or Volkswagen, so they're German. I guess all you guys really have is Lotus and Aston Martin.

Oh, you guys also have Morgan which still makes cars with wooden body panels. I don't even wanna go there.

America? General Motors puts out a lot of ****ty cars, with the only real exception being the Z06 Corvette. Ford sucks, but it has the GT, though the only thing really American about it is the engine. Dodge sucks, and though I find the Viper to be a thoroughly amusing car, it's also pretty terrible. Also, PIKUPTRUX!!!! Chevy also owns Daewoo, and some Chevys are, in fact, Daewoos. That's pretty fukken lousy.

Japan has Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Subaru, Suzuki, Isuzu, Mazda, and Mitsubishi. All make pretty boring cars, the only exceptions being the Subaru WRX Sti, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, and the Nissan Skyline GT-R. Everything else is as cool as cold porridge. Oh, and Infinity, Lexus, and Acura are just the same boring Nissan, Toyota, and Honda rides underneath the cheap fake-chrome trim.

Italy is the only country that can hold a candle to Germany, but Lamborghini is owned by Audi, and thus is German. Ferrari and Maserati (which is owned by Ferrari) are perhaps, then, what Italy has to offer. I'm going to pretend Fiat isn't Italian because they make hideous, and very slow cars.

France has Citroen, Peugeot, and Renault. There are a couple good cars in there but I don't care enough to list them. Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen, and they only exist in name anyway. The Veyron 16.4 is very much a German car.

So, to recap:

Audi, Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, Mini, Porsche, Rolls Royce, and Volkswagen are all either German companies or are owned by one. Everything else and everywhere else sucks. Germany ftw.

tl; dr: Germany ftw.

edit: there is absolutely NO bias in this post at all!

Posted by mis0

Awesome, I think I managed to shut you idiots up with IMPECCABLE LOGIC.

Posted by ExoXile

I'm in complete, and utter awe.

Posted by Xero

You guys argued for 3 pages and Mis0 came with and it only took him one post to blow you all away.

Posted by Shade

Because he's just amazing like that, I guess.

Though it makes me sad to learn that Lamborghini is owned by the Germans. :(

Posted by I Want A Sandwich

Mis0, you forgot about Saleen! They're American and they kick some major ***. Got a production facility only about 8 miles from where I live.

And Shelby does some awesome whips too.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Chris;785512]You guys argued for 3 pages and Mis0 came with and it only took him one post to blow you all away.
Nope, he won, see post #168.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Shade:
Though it makes me sad to learn that Lamborghini is owned by the Germans. :(

I don't mind. I love German cars. Good quality in my opinion.

Posted by I Want A Sandwich

Germans, overall, absolutely. You can't beat the rep they got with VW, Daimler-Benz, BMW, Lambo, etc.

What about economy, though? Big engines like a Bugatti and a Lambo are too impractical for a lots a people.

Posted by mis0

Quoting I Want A Sandwich: Mis0, you forgot about Saleen! They're American and they kick some major ***. Got a production facility only about 8 miles from where I live.

And Shelby does some awesome whips too.

I could've gone on and on. I didn't include Britian's Noble, for example, because I was mainly trying to stick to names people would know. Saleen does, indeed, make seriously hardcore cars but I don't think most people would recognize them by name alone.

I didn't include Shelby for the same reason I didn't include Germany's RUF: Both take sportscars and then make them much, much sportier. They're not really auto manufacturers. This is not to downplay the awesomeness of something like the GT500, though.

@ Shade: As far as Lamborghini goes, Audi hasn't entirely taken over. Lamborghini still manufactures their own engines (and Audi actually uses them in some of their cars!) and they still are in charge of a lot of what goes on. But, Audi, being German, has injected logic into Lambo's products, so lots of the stuff apparently works and makes sense. Some say this has taken away from the crazy character of Lambo, but on the other hand, I've read a lot of positive things because people seem to enjoy it when their expensive supercars actually work.

And holy crap, you guys actually read my insane carpost?! I was expecting instant thread death.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Southeast Asia makes most of our ****. They win.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Chris: You guys argued for 3 pages and Mis0 came with and it only took him one post to blow you all away.

Not to cause less glory for Mis0's superior opinion, but the competition wasn't that tough. :D

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Chris;785512]Mis0
[quote=Chris;785512]him

oh ****

Posted by Roger Smith

Yeah, I'd **** mis0.

Posted by mis0

Quoting The X: oh ****

It's news to me too! :(

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=S

Posted by Xero