Killzone 2 To Kill Halo 3

Posted by TimeSkipz

[URL]http://www.ps3power.com/killzonevshalo.htm[/URL]

I don't know if this can "kill Halo 3" but this game looks like a game of the year candidate.

Edit: Killzone 2

Posted by Roger Smith

Crysis **** rapes BOTH those games. Thread over.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Killzone 3, eh? So it's going to take sony that long to topple Halo? Wow.

Posted by TimeSkipz

Oh, sorry thats meant to say Killzone 2

Posted by MottaTheHutt

It will have to be a **** load better than Killzone if it's going to even compare to Halo 3.

Posted by TimeSkipz

View the trailer, I can't believe what the game looks like.

It's shaping up to be an awesome game but it's not a "Halo killer." There's no such thing. Too many people play it. And you can bet a PS3 title isn't going to outsell it.

Posted by TimeSkipz

With enough hype and a positive advertising campaign it could shape up to put a dent in Halo, I don't know if Sony has it in them to pull it off though.

Posted by Borealis

The trailer's alright, but it just looks like another great game that ends up turning out just 'good.'

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yes, it looks beautiful. Too bad that's not enough to make it a good game.

Posted by Borealis

Wait, is that even actual gameplay? lol

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I've been told that it is.

Posted by Borealis

Alright, then is it just me or is the shooting and killing very unsatisfying?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Halo killer? Yeah, not going to happen. It does look pretty good, though.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Borealis;778209]Alright, then is it just me or is the shooting and killing very unsatisfying?

Satisfying, the deaths are realistic and don't go ragdoll when they die. It's meant to be a more realistic game, but I don't know if thats what gamers really want, seems they like run n gun with the faster gameplay.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

No ragdoll = more realistic?
I think not!

Posted by TimeSkipz

Immediately after being hit by a grenade going into ragdoll = more realistic?
I think not, a soldier shot doesn't die right away and flail his arms like in ragdoll.

Quoted post: Satisfying, the deaths are realistic and don't go ragdoll when they die. It's meant to be a more realistic game, but I don't know if thats what gamers really want, seems they like run n gun with the faster gameplay.

Killzone uses the same technique CoD4 does. It has scripted deaths along with ragdoll. A grenade will activate ragdoll, a sniper round to the face will activate ragdoll, etc. Otherwise it's a scripted animation. You'll even see Helghast soldiers crawl around after you shoot them, a la CoD.

Though that's basically what this game is. CoD with cover.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: CoD with cover.

Gears of Duty?

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;779284]Killzone uses the same technique CoD4 does. It has scripted deaths along with ragdoll. A grenade will activate ragdoll, a sniper round to the face will activate ragdoll, etc. Otherwise it's a scripted animation. You'll even see Helghast soldiers crawl around after you shoot them, a la CoD.

Though that's basically what this game is. CoD with cover.

Question is if Killzone 2 will use the same style as before.

Posted by S

Halo Killer? lol. I had a Mortgage Broker talking to me about Halo, a guy who's never touched a video game in his life. Halo is a juggernaut, there's no such thing as a Halo 3 killer.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting TimeSkipz: Question is if Killzone 2 will use the same style as before.

If it does then it fails. I remember hearing about how good the first Killzone was. Man what a dissapointment that was. Almost as bad as The Darkness.

Posted by cool gamer dad

It won't even top Gears of War.

Quoted post: Question is if Killzone 2 will use the same style as before.

As Killzone 1? No. Seems to be a completely different beast, since, you know, Killzone 1 failed miserably.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

I hate when a product is labeled a "[competitor] killer". Especially when it isn't.

Posted by TimeSkipz

It will be a good game but it for sure won't "kill" Halo.

Posted by switchxa

I have to agree with everyone here. I could only hope Killzone 2 would bring down the hype machine of Halo but doubtful. People need to learn from their mistakes. Everytime someone screams Halo killer the game ends up not selling; a la Killzone 1 and Tribes for PS2 (it even has a quote on the back saying "Goodbye Halo" lol). PS2 is just not built for shooters. It does **** well with other genres and gameplay types but not shooters. I still think Killzone 2 will be pretty cool and look amazing (regardless of admissions of touched up screens). I for one liked Killzone 1 as well. Only thing that could have been better would be a different controller or to tweak them. They just felt weird to me.

Quoted post: I could only hope Killzone 2 would bring down the hype machine of Halo but doubtful.

Don't worry, Halo 3 did that well enough on its own.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=switchxa;795656]I still think Killzone 2 will be pretty cool and look amazing (regardless of admissions of touched up screens).

Most screens are photoshopped.

Except we've all seen the game running and it looks amazing.

Posted by Skitzo Control

CoD4 is a "Halo Killer," from the looks of my friends list(s) and how many people are playing it instead of H3.

Pretty sure more people on a whole play H3 than CoD4. But yeah, there's like, no one on my friends list playing it anymore, while there's about at least eight people playing CoD at all times.

Posted by Skitzo Control

But H3's numbers have gone down drastically. When it first came out, and for about a month and a half, there were 500,000 people online, with lows of 150,000 when the Brits came storming on. Then, as soon as CoD came out, I swear the number was almost completely halved, down to 270,000, with lows of 80,000 when the UK came on, once again. Now, you're lucky to see more than 200,000 people on Halo 3, and the servers in CoD4 are so busy, you can hardly get into games, at times.

Posted by F1NALSMASH

the only thing that matters out of this whole halo 3 killer is that call of duty 4 is better i don't think killzone is going to be good at all and gears of war is the best.

thats matters to me not any of you

Posted by RadioStatic

nevertheless im still excited for Kill Zone 2. if its atleast as good as Gears of War or even slightly better, ill be happy

Posted by muffla

i dno why halo is *** to so manny people, i plaid the first and loved the single player, the second single players sucked so bad i never even finished it and at the time i only plaid multiplayer at my friends hosue, now with three the single player was good and the multiplayer was pretty avg

Posted by Anti-Muffla

Killzone 2 is NOT going to outsell Halo 3, but i think it will take on the same traits as Halo did for the xbox. If Killzone 2 turns out to be as good as it looks it will get more sales for the ps3 and it will hopefully be able to jump start it like Gears of War and Halo did for xbox. Killzone 2 won't outsell halo 3, but it could still be a better game, like COD4 is better than Halo 3, but its not a Halo killer because more people have bought Halo 3.

Personally I don't want Killzone 2 to KILL halo. I just want it to be good, i could care less about the sales. Reaching 2 million copies sold is a barrier that has yet to be broken by a ps3 game yet and that is a very far reach for killzone 2. There is no way it will sell as many as halo 3 sold (which i'm not sure,but i think its around 4 million for halo 3.)

Quoted post: like COD4 is better than Halo 3, but its not a Halo killer because more people have bought Halo 3.

Pretty sure more people bought CoD4 in a shorter amount of time than they did for Halo 3. I mean, it's already sold over 3.5 million copies since November and Halo 3 sits at around 4.5 million since September.

Posted by Anti-Muffla

yea but my observation was not based on predictions, its based on the facts, COD4 could possibly outsell Halo 3, but as of right now it is not a halo killer, to truely become a "halo killer" it will have to officially be outselling halo 3. Halo 3 did have a huge amoount of people buy it in the first two and a half months. It might possibly have been around 3.5 mil.

Quoted post: yea but my observation was not based on predictions, its based on the facts,

Uh, so is mine? I'm not saying it's a Halo killer, just pointing out the fact more people took to CoD4 quicker than they did to Halo 3. Learn to read.

Posted by muffla

http://kotaku.com/348925/call-of-duty-4-top-selling-title-of-2007
http://kotaku.com/347485/cod4-divests-halo-3-of-xbox-live-crown
can we call halo 3 dead now?