Help ?

Posted by Clandestine Blaze

Ok well I thought I would give a shot at asking on this forum, maybe somone knows the problem. Not sure if this is the right thread to be posting it in, but oh well.

For some reason I can not hear any audio that is online.
example: YouTube videos have no volume, and I can not listen to songs on MySpace.

Yet, I can listen to music through Windows Media Player and such.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Did you try the basics like checking to see if any devices are muted, download the newest version of your browser and the flash plugin, download the newest drivers, etc?

Also, this goes in the tech board.

I appreciate the advice, I will have to try doing such.
And next time I have a problem of the sort, I will post it in the tech board.

Posted by Linkman

Moved to tech board.

Also, yeah, it's probably simple. Make sure your speakers are plugged in correctly (or working for that matter), make sure the driver isn't muted, check to make sure they're functioning correctly, etc..

Quoting Linkman: Moved to tech board.

Also, yeah, it's probably simple. Make sure your speakers are plugged in correctly (or working for that matter), make sure the driver isn't muted, check to make sure they're functioning correctly, etc..

My speakers work fine, I was listening to music through Windows Media Player, so I know that cant be the problem.
I will just have to try the advice Vampiro gave me.

And you are most likely right, its something simple that I have overlooked because im a dumbass when it comes to computer problems.

Posted by Linkman

Well, if it turns out to be something more severe than thought, go here and post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/

There support team is huge and very helpful. Been to me a number of times.

Posted by Trigger

Both MySpace and YouTube content is based on Adobe Flash Player and you will most likely just need to visit their website and install (or re-install) the latest version of Flash. It's not your sound card, it's not your speakers, it's not your volume being muted or the device being disabled purely because you're able to hear music you play through media players, as you said.

Quoting Trigger: Both MySpace and YouTube content is based on Adobe Flash Player and you will most likely just need to visit their website and install (or re-install) the latest version of Flash. It's not your sound card, it's not your speakers, it's not your volume being muted or the device being disabled purely because you're able to hear music you play through media players, as you said.

Thank you for this bit of information.
I will try to do so.

Posted by Gollum

Just though I'd pop in and say nice name, great band.