a bet with my friend...

Posted by darkwhispers

myy friend says that mario rpg is better than chrono trigger :bash: . to prove my point i'm creating a poll (please vote CT lol)

Posted by Borealis

I'm going with Mario RPG, since I had played that more than CT.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

voting mario RPG out of spite.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Mario RPG because you suck.

Posted by Xero

Mario RPG.

Posted by Borealis

I just noticed,

Quoting darkwhispers: (please vote CT lol)

nice little half-kidding joke there. :cool:

Posted by Isaac1

I voted Chrono since you asked politely.

Posted by Zeta

Lufia 2.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Chrono Trigger.

Posted by Roger Smith

Secret of the Stars faggots dont b haetin'

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Never heard of it.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Isaac1: I voted Chrono since you asked politely.

Corruption. :mad:

Posted by F1NALSMASH

One word.

Mario.

Posted by darkwhispers

Quoting F1NALSMASH: One word.

Mario.

this from the guy w/ a sonic avvie and sig. lol

Posted by Xero

What's your point?

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Earthbound![/COLOR]

Posted by Angerion the Brave

The problem is that they are different. Mario RPG had more of a 3D mario game feel than a traditional RPG which made it more appealing as a game over all to many RPG and non-RPG gamers. Mario RPG was a blast, so fun to play, but Chrono Trigger, in terms of traditional RPGs, is the pinnacle example of perfect RPG flow.

Smooth game play, awesome cast and story, sick moves so many secrets and secret endings. Not the best comparison, but I vote Chrono Trigger.

Posted by ZOSO

it was a very hard decision, seeing as how both of those games are amazing... but i went with chrono

Posted by O.T.L

wtf is chrono ? is i pick mario ....

I'll look up chrono though and play it a bit ... but i already voted for mario ...

so too bad ...

Posted by bazariah

it's down to a players personal choice, thus the poll/thread is flawed

i could sit here and argue points as to why chrono trigger is better than mario, then do the same as why mario is better than chrono trigger.. the whole thing is down to personal preference, there is no right or wrong in this case

or in the case of any game for that matter, it's all down to appeal of the title for the player at hand

another example of what im trying to say
axelay got the the better reviews back in the day and is still adored by the masses in todays world, pop n twinbee got a less than faverable review but if i had the choice to play either axelay or pop n twinbee i'd go with the latter for sure as that title gave me personally a lot more fun

Posted by O.T.L

chrono trigger is pretty cool , but i still like Mario better . theres more action and participation involved in mario , chrono trigger makes you use strategys and think more. they both are fun , but I'm still with mario

Posted by Imaginary Friend

People actually voted Mario RPG over Chrono Trigger? Ridiculous. Mario RPG is a decent game(plus it has Geno for crying out loud) but when comparing them, Chrono Trigger is quite obviously the better RPG and one of the best, if not the best, RPGs ever.

Lol @ voting out of spite. Petty losers.

Posted by juliebriggs

hard to choose one out of those 2 games. i love them both

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting darkwhispers: myy friend says that mario rpg is better than chrono trigger :bash: . to prove my point i'm creating a poll (please vote CT lol)

I wish the third option was something more clear than "i dunno" because I actually do know what I mean when I choose neither game.

They're too different, in my opinion. They are both RPGs and they do have similarities, but they're very, very different and by that nature they're going to attract different people.

I couldn't say which of the two I personally like more. They're both awesome games, worth playing over and over again. Both have a whole lot to accomplish outside of the main storyline (CT moreso in that respect) and they're both really fun and still challenging, even now.

Comparing these two games is like comparing Final Fantasy Tactics to SaGa Frontier or something. They're both RPGs, but the gameplay is totally different and not really comparable, in my estimation.

Posted by karateteen14

CHRONO TRIGGER!!!

Posted by Breakman

chrono by far

i mean, smrpg is an excellent and fun game, but ct is the pinnacle of console rpgs for me