Are There Any Hardcore Resident Evil Fans Here?

Posted by TEAMBAJA

I just wondered how many dedicated Resident Evil fans are on this site? I have bought systems just to play this game! I think 4 is the best by far, but I'll always remember playing the first one on the Playstation.

I still havent beaten ZERO or Code Veronica for some unknown reason, but I will this winter.

Did anyone ever have the version for the Gameboy or Saturn?

Posted by WillisGreeny

I'm not a hardcore fan, but I've beaten all of them except Code Veronica (DreamCast). Have you read the books?

Posted by Speedfreak

I like it, and I actually like the old Adventure games more than the pure action games like 4, UC and 5.

Posted by Ridley_04

RE 4 got me into the Resident Evil series (Notice the Avatar). I will be buying more soon, but for now all I have is 4. I need to head out to a game store soon so I can start getting the series.

Posted by Speedfreak

If RE4 got you into the Resi series then I wouldn't bother with trying any of the other ones. The others have minimal action, they are relatively slow paced adventure games.

Posted by Zeta

I'm one of the faggots that started with 4, and I've been contemplating getting REmake.

Posted by Speedfreak

If you can handle games with little action you might like it. If you liked Metroid Prime 1 and 2 then definately give it a shot.

Posted by WillisGreeny

If you like survivor games with a plot, then you'll like all the Resident Evil games. I didn't see RE4 as having more action (though it felt that way), rather it had less back-tracking and a more straight flow of direction for the player. It was certainly easier to miss picking up important items in the previous games, and the puzzels were much more challenging, but there was certainly some parts of the past games that were loaded with action. A good comparison would be that RE4 kept the action intense through out the game, while the previous games had peaks and valleys.

Posted by Ridley_04

The only complain though, is Ashley's constant stupidity.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=WillisGreeny;777372]If you like survivor games with a plot, then you'll like all the Resident Evil games. I didn't see RE4 as having more action (though it felt that way), rather it had less back-tracking and a more straight flow of direction for the player.

That's why it's not an adventure game, it's completely linear. You're constantly pushed forward and the entire game is action orientated. In the old Resi games there's not much action and nothing really to the fighting, the challenge is in figuring out how to progress. Like a Zelda or Metroid game.

Posted by Big Boss

Resident Evil 4 on the GCN made me a fan of the series, but I had been playing the franchise since RE1 for the PS1. I also really liked Code Veronica for the Dreamcast. However, I can't go back to playing any of the old ones now thanks to RE4's extremely amazing aiming and camera perspective.

Posted by ExoXile

Got into it after playing the remake.
Since then I've played all of them, except RE2.

For some reason 2 hasn't gotten me all that intrested.

Posted by Cloudstud

I know the reaction I am going to get to this, but here goes....

I actually liked the old RE games a lot better. I thought they were a lot scarier and just a lot more fun. RE 4 felt a lot more like an action game than a "RE" game. I am excited about 5 but I think its going to be a lot like 4. I know people were excited to see the changes to the RE engine but I would like some of my old RE pre rendered backgrounds and clunky controls... I guess that kinda makes me a hardcore "resident evil" fan. RE 4 was a fabulous game but just didnt have the same RE charm that I know. And not nearly as scary...

And if you truly are a RE fan you will remember the dogs jumping through the windows on RE1. There has truly not been a RE scare like that one.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting Cloudstud:
And if you truly are a RE fan you will remember the dogs jumping through the windows on RE1. There has truly not been a RE scare like that one.

That was definetly an awesome scare in that hall way. I also agree that RE4 certainly wasn't as scary as the rest of the series. Chainsaw guys are a lot like the dogs since shot guns work the best in killing them, but the dogs should have stayed. I don't remember seeing any dogs in RE4.

Posted by ExoXile

Me and my friend about shat our pants at that part, so yeah.
I am, indeed, a Resident Evil fan.
Hardcore one.

Posted by TEAMBAJA

Quoting Big Boss: Resident Evil 4 However, I can't go back to playing any of the old ones now thanks to RE4's extremely amazing aiming and camera perspective.

I have to agree here. It would be hard if I had started out playing RE4 first, then go back and try to play I, II, or III.

However, the remake of Resident Evil on the Gamecube, and Zero would be ok. I plan on trying to be Zero this week since I never did. Veronica might not be so bad either.

Looking forward to 5 coming out on whatever system. RE4 was the only reason I bought my gamecube at the time, and well worth the $$$.

Posted by ResidentEvil4

I don't count myself as a "hardcore" fan. I just like 4. I love Leon and Luis. At my school, there is a boy name Luis! lol. Anyway, I just watched my brother play 4. I thought it was so awesome. My mom is really strict about M rated games, so all I could do was watch! I WANT TO BE 15!!!!!

Posted by ResidentEvil4

You don't remember any dogs? Remember when Leon freed that dog in the bear trap... and those ones at the church when you go to save ashley, the have the Las Plagas in them, in hard mode you have to face like 5.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Quoting ResidentEvil4: You don't remember any dogs? Remember when Leon freed that dog in the bear trap... and those ones at the church when you go to save ashley, the have the Las Plagas in them, in hard mode you have to face like 5.

Oh yeah! I forgot about the courtyard maze.
It's been a while since I played through RE4.