Happy Birthday to me.

Posted by Tyler Durden

My father-in-law got me the GameStop Special Collector's Edition of Resident Evil 4.

[Img]http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/b220482ab.jpg[/Img]
*oscar* Just imagine how close I came to ****ting a brick when I opened the wrapping to find this inside. Now, I'm glad I waited it out, when it came to buying RE4.

Posted by coromoro

That is such a great present, Sadistic Grin. Your father-in-law must really like you. :cool:

Posted by Saruman

Where can I get it?

Posted by coromoro

Saruman, being the Resident Evil fanatic you are, how can you not have Resident Evil 4 yet?!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I wanted to buy this, but I got the normal one instead. Not that I'm complaining, but it would have been awesome to own that.

Awesome gift SG, and happy belated birthday.

Posted by boomstick

You mean there's a special edition package for RE4, what all extras does it have?

Congrats, BTW, Sadistic Grin.

Posted by Bebop

What does this special edition of RE4 include?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Congrats! I got my collector's edition the first day it came out. For those of you interested, it includes the RE4 game(obviously), a really cool prologue which depicts everything that has happened in the RE series up til 4. It also comes with 1 of only 84,000 RE4 laser cells made, sure to be a valuable item in the future.

All of this comes packaged in a shiny metallic looking tin box for 60 American bucks. I think it was also supposed to come with a soundtrack of the Resident Evil movies which i didn't get(and couldn't care less about). If you go running to Gamestop now, the might still have the collector's edition available, but not too many though.

Sadistic Grin, have fun playing the best game of 2005, and probably of all time.[/COLOR]

Posted by Tyler Durden

Thanks guys. My father-in-law knew how huge of a horror fanatic I am, and how much I love Resident Evil. I still have fond memories playing the very first (unedited) American version. The one that included violent footage of some un-named b-actors being slaughtered by zombie dogs, and Chris Redfield lighting up a cig just before America banned the deppiction of smoking in video games, by live-actors anyways. The newwer releases of RE were cut to pieces, they removed the parts containing the dogs ripping off a human arm (of an un-named S.T.A.R.S. member), and most of the gore. And Chris didn't get to feed his nicotine fit. Fortunately, Director's Cut restored some of this. But the very first shippment will always be the best, because of it's graphic nature, and it's controversy.

Posted by Last Fog

****! I knew nothing about this special edition. I definately would have waited for it. Oh, and what's a laser cell?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Well, a cell is one part of a series of cells created to run a cartoon through a stop-motion recorder. There are different types of cells: Character, background, foreground, special effects, motion/actions, objects, static body parts, moving body parts, etc... A laser cell is kind of like that, except that it comes as a whole (rather than parts-of) and it's a burned image from a pc onto acetate film (plastic synthetic used in the production of comic-protection sleeves), through a computer driven laser. Almost like a lithograph.

Posted by Last Fog

****! I want this bundle. All for 10 extra bucks?!

Posted by Bebop

Hopefully something like that will appear in the UK. I know Ninty are relasing a Europe exclusive (you dont hear those 2 words in the same sentence often!) GC consle and RESI 4 bundle with some sort of DVD. It has a RESI 4 contoller too but that pales in compariosn to this sweet potato. In my opinion anyway.

Posted by Leon S Kennedy

Ok, I should know about this but I went of resi for awhile. So is it already out in the United Kingdomes or what?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Not that I know of, ask Bebop. Leon Scott Kennedy, if that is your real name?!

Posted by Bebop

'Evil Evlolves' on this fair country on the 18th of March. Thats a Friday and as of writing, 40 days away. I think the US has the better box art though.

Posted by Leon S Kennedy

Quoting Sadistic Grin: Leon Scott Kennedy, if that is your real name?!

Occ: Do you think its real? I don't, I just think its a charecter out of resi.

So when dose it come out in the United Kingdomes then Bebop?

Posted by Bebop

18th of March

Posted by Tyler Durden

I was just stating that Leon's full name was uncovered in Resident Evil 4. Salazaar called him by his full name durring their second meeting. I always wondered what the 'S' stood for. My only quam with the game is.. why did they make Leon look like an amalgamation of Emilio Estavez and Judd Nelson (see The Breakfast Club)?!

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Sadistic Grin: I was just stating that Leon's full name was uncovered in Resident Evil 4. Salazaar called him by his full name durring their second meeting. I always wondered what the 'S' stood for.

[COLOR=Yellow]I knew that since 1998. I don't remember it it was stated in RE2 though.[/COLOR]

Posted by Tyler Durden

No, no it wasn't in RE2. I'd remember, because I played that game through and through many times. Because I kind of fell for EGM's little April Fools trick-tip. The one stating that you had to clear the game 6 times-through with Claire and Leon. Earning atleast an A-or-S rank on 3 of them, and doing so would unlock Akuma (Street Fighter II) in a side-quest/mini-game. I still have that article stowed away in an old lunch box, for momentous reasons. Maybe it was stated in the strategy guide!?

Posted by Tyler Durden

Introducing the banner for the biggest fan of the best game of 2005..
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v504/Lobo_Rules/Resievil4small.jpg[/IMG]

It needs the chainsaw Ganado and or Cultist.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: It needs the chainsaw Ganado and or Cultist.

*It needs the female chainsaw Ganado and or Cultist.*

Much more horrifying.

Posted by Tyler Durden

That would ruin the atmosphere it already has going for it. See Leon's look of badass-ism, versus the horrifying 'El Gigante' roaring in the background. It brings the thought of, "Oh, I should **** my pants. But I can't, I'm Leon S. Kennedy! I killed lickers and the Birkin Tyrant. A walk in the park.. Racoon City Park."

Posted by Bebop

What are the loading times like in Resi 4?

Posted by kirbykid

isnt resident evil only on the gamecube?

Posted by Bebop

It will arrive on the PS2 in approx one year. Expect dramatically downgraded graphics, lower frame rate and probably longer loading times.[/url]

Source:[url]www.gamesarefun.com[/url]

Posted by Ryan Dean at 01:02:31 AM EST on 2.6.2005.

According to various Japanese publications, the new Resident Evil 4 team is encountering a few problems porting Resident Evil 4 to the PS2. Why do you ask? Hardware, Hardware, Hardware.

One of the big issues the team over at Capcom is facing is the fact that the PS2's texture memory capacity is far smaller than the Gamecube's. In the Gamecube version of Resident Evil 4, players were treated to 24 bit textures. However, in the PS2 version, expect 8 and 4 bit textures, which is quite a downgrade.

But no sir, it doesn't end there.

Leon's polygon count, in order to run on the inferior PS2 hardware, will have to drop from the original 10,000 polygons to a mere 5,000, slightly more than Snake from Metal Gear Solid 3.

The PS2, does however, have a large Direct Memory Access bandwidth, which will allow the developers to provide a high amount of textures into the game. But, if they choose to do this, the game's framerate will drop substantially, this is due to the PS2's, as stated before, limited texture memory capacity. And, of course, any extra lighting or texture layers will slow down the framerate more. It is expected, that if all the Gamecube features are included, the PS2 version will run at less than the Gamecube's framerate.

In conclusion, Resident Evil 4 is the perfect hardware comparison between the PS2 and Gamecube. But PS2 owners, do not fear! Extras are to be included into the PS2 version, such as a gallery and making of featurette!

GAF, always bringing you the news. And occasionally a drop of sarcasm.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Bebop: What are the loading times like in Resi 4?

Not bad at all. About 5-10 secs, as all the others. Except it's not for every little room. The loading is for huge areas at a time. No more annoying door animations. Leon kicks down doors like he means business.

Quoted post: Not bad at all. About 5-10 secs, as all the others

Not even.

Levels are divided into sections. In each section there will be doors you can bust open and enter, where is no loading, or stopping whatsoever. But once you leave and enter a new area, the screen fades, loads for two seconds, and fades back in. It all depends on the next area. But the loading times are still minimal.

Posted by Tyler Durden

The loading time has slightly diminished, from the other Cube RE titles. Yes, there are no more annoying door animations. However, there is now this hazing blur that fades out the screen, only to wipe in the new area a couple seconds upon exiting the previous area. Vampiro and Fog are both right. And yes, Leon can either open doors slowly like a gentleman, or kick them in on unsuspecting ganados. Like a badass.

*oscar* Now, what I wish was possible is to trap young miss Graham on the other side of a door Leon had just exited, then re-kick the door open on her. She really ****es me off at times, and that is a truelly befitting 'insult-to-injury' for the pompous snob.

Posted by Saruman

Quoting coromoro: Saruman, being the Resident Evil fanatic you are, how can you not have Resident Evil 4 yet?!

I do I just want that version too lol

Posted by Tyler Durden

Well Saruman, I suggest you find your local GameStop, if such a store exists in your neck of the woods. And trade in your current version towards this sweet Collector's Edition. Trust me, you'll feel alot better once you un-wrap it.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Im not much of a RE fan but it looks like a fun game and out of the whole series leon is my favorite char. Looks like a fun game but I HATED THE .... DOOR ANIMATIONS, re3 scared the crap outa me in the hallway near the dark room in the Rpd center, there is a window in it and you hear glass breaking just constantly BUT IT IS very faint, when you go to walk by its all quite then BOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM RAWR IM NEMISIS (doesnt say that but he should :) )

I was like 8 when I did that and jeez it was scary!