chrono trigger

Posted by darkwhispers

i have recently started playing this game and it's no wonder it was second only to ffvii. it's that awesome!:-D

Posted by WillisGreeny

Chrono Trigger? Now there's a game that had its **** together. Time Travel, Robots, and Magic. That game did everything right.

Posted by S

Second only to Xenogears***.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

How is it second only to FFVII? FFVI (III) is better than CT and VII put together.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Idk, I rate FF6 and Chrono trigger about the same. That just might be because I played through them both around the same time.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

I liked CT more than FF6. Time travel = automatic +++

Also the little CT OVA made me like it even more

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Yeah, but Chrono Trigger didn't have Kefka. Or any characters nearly as evil as Kefka.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Lavos Vs Kefka.

That's a hard decision, both having their good qualities.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Lavos's only line is "KREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" And that's stupid.

And his final form looks retarded. Kefka looks like a badass evil clown mother ****er who doesn't take any ****.

Retard < Bad *** Clown

Posted by S

Quoting MottaTheHutt: Yeah, but Chrono Trigger didn't have Kefka. Or any characters nearly as evil as Kefka.

And FF6 didn't have any characters even remotely as awesome as Crono.

Plus, I'd take Magus over Kefka any day of the week. Kefka reminds me of Ozzie, just because he's so ****ing annoying.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

All of the characters on FFVI are good. All of them. Plus they all have lines, unlike Crono.

Posted by S

And? None of them are even close to how awesome Crono is. Equally, he doesn't need lines to be a strong character.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Locke is ten times the character Crono could ever be.

Posted by WillisGreeny

I hope it's obvious how I've matched the pairs up.

Glenn is better than Cyan
Crono is better than Terra
Lucca is worse than Edgar
Marle is even with Celes
Ayla is better than Gau
Magus is better than ...Espers

Ozzie is worse than Kefka
Lavos is better than Esper Statues
Schala is worse than Geno

Epoch is better than Falcon
2300AD is even with World of Ruin

Posted by Zeta

I liked Cross more than Trigger.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Quoting WillisGreeny: Glenn is better than Cyan

Ozzie and Magnus pwn Glenn. He's a douche.

[quote=WillisGreeny]Magus is

Only good for his battle music.

Posted by David M. Awesome

[COLOR=Navy]Multiple endings > one ending. /argument.

Also, anyone other than me get all of the endings in this game?
[/COLOR]

Posted by MottaTheHutt

Multiple Endings = Overrated

Yeah. You just play through the game, then go through in + mode, fighting lavos at every new chapter. My favorite was the one you get for beating him before reviving Chrono, because Chrono is dead.

Posted by ExoXile

[quote=Mr. Awesome;780028][COLOR=Navy]Multiple endings > one ending. /argument.
[/COLOR]
Final Fantasy VI's got multiple endings too, re-re.

I like them equally.

But beating FFVII?

[SIZE=7]HA

[SIZE=6]HA

[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=6][SIZE=5]HA

[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=4]HA

[SIZE=3]HA

[SIZE=2]HA[SIZE=1]

HA

[SIZE=7]HA![/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=6]

[/SIZE]

Posted by muffla

i personaly dont like multiple endings, too frustriating making sure you got all of them.

Posted by neo prime

Chrono Trigger is a great game in its own right, I dare say a legend that should be re-released to every generation of game console. But better than FF6? hmmm.... that's a controversial topic. If you ask me, its a close race really, but personally, I like FF6 a little better, but thats just me.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting darkwhispers: i have recently started playing this game and it's no wonder it was second only to ffvii. it's that awesome!:-D

I'm glad that you're enjoying Chrono Trigger. It's good to see that gamers still get into older games, when they're worth playing. It seems like everyone these days is so caught up in the PS3, Xbox 360 and the Wii that they've all forgotten about the amazing games that existed before the current gen systems.

It's cool that you can play old games on the Wii, and I hope people make use of that feature.

Anyway, what do you mean "second only to ffvii"? Are you suggesting that you think Final Fantasy VII is the best game you've played, and Chrono Trigger follows it? Or is that a ranking from a magazine or something?

Posted by Breakman

Chrono Trigger is THE console RPG. In my opinion, it outranks any and all Final Fantasies, even 6, though I love many of them, especially 6.

The only console RPG that comes close for me is Secret of Mana, which despite everything wonderful about it, simply doesn't have the depth of Chrono Trigger on many levels, though they both have roughly the same amount of overall charm and despite how wonderful CT's gameplay is I probably slightly prefer Mana's.

And yes, Robo is the best character in anything ever.

Posted by Sr. Arrogant Bastard

all top 5 imo.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

The story isn't as good as FFVI, but the gameplay owns. It's another one of those games that I can literally never get bored of, and I've owned it since I was in 5th grade.

Posted by Klarth

**** yeah, ds port.

Posted by D.Thuff

Fantastic news Chrono Trigger was an incredible game, this will definitely be worth looking forward to.

Posted by Laram

For me, Chrono Trigger is by far the best game ever made... better than FFVI or FFVII. I mean... I cannot think of even one single flaw for CT unlike FFVII or FFVI which were dull at times.