Novelty characters.

Posted by Litbut

Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, possibly Young Link and Mr. Game & Watch. What do you think of them and which ones do you want to see in Brawl? I'd like Mr. Game & Watch to come back.

Posted by Iris

Ice Climbers is enough, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Mr Game & Watch too. Maybe young Link too if they can give him a completely new moveset.

Posted by Borealis

Epona.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Ice Climbers isn't a novelty character. Use them right and you will **** **** up.

Posted by Iris

They're novelty because they aren't really notable Nintendo characters, but rather they were added as a gimmick and a homage to retro game, like Game and Watch.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=Vampiro V. Empire;774885]Ice Climbers isn't a novelty character. Use them right and you will **** **** up.
Hell yeah. If you can learn to separate them, your opponents will **** bricks.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Ice Climbers isn't a novelty character. Use them right and you will **** **** up.

Thank you.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

what vamp said, guy at a tourny thought he could kick my *** with pikachu and got wrecked. Then he pulled out ice climbers and I shat bricks, I didn't know how nana would interfere my lasers and popo would rush in with grabs and nana following up with smashes

it was by far one of the scariest things I have ever seen, and one of my favorite moments in this game

But doc mario I enjoy, give him a surgery kit though, and definitely game & watch, talk about ****s being bricked, he's another scary character

Posted by Screenname

I'd like to see Jim Ross be a Character....or atleast an assits trophey

he could come out and say "BAH GAWD LOOK AT THE CARNGE!"

.....that dream will never come true :(

Posted by Litbut2

Looks like Captain Olimar and Toon Link will be novelty characters too.

Posted by Stalolin

TOON LINK IS TOP TIER

and **** you guys R.O.B. is not a novelty character he's my robotic operating buddy

Posted by Litbut2

R.O.B. is a novelty character too. =]

Posted by Zelda_Guy

Hmm Rob has been in quite a few games recintily does this mean we could be somehow seeing a VC version of ROB? (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN)

Why the F""" did they put ROB in Brawl. All new people to gaming wont know how he is.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

ROB's final smash is picking up a spinning top, rotating 30 degrees, dropping the spinning top, then getting stuck behind a wall.

Posted by maian

The only people mad about ROB being in Brawl is because they think he "stole" the spot of "better" characters like...Krystal.

Krystal is one of the stupidest characters I've ever seen. :cool:

Apparently, Toon Link is one of the best in the game, as well as ROB. Come to think of it, Wolf, TL, and ROB are three of the best right now. Funny, they're three of the characters that it seems everybody hated and didn't want to get in.

Quoted post: Why the F""" did they put ROB in Brawl. All new people to gaming wont know how he is.

drr maybe it wasn't meant for them? Those same people will likely have no clue who Game and Watch is or Captain Falcon. Most probably just know him from Smash.

Posted by Iris

BUT GENO'S SUCH AN ORIGINAL AND DEEP CHARACTER WHY WOULDN'T HE BE PLAYABLE?

Posted by maian

lol @ geno hopefuls

...Honestly, beside the fact he had a very small chance of getting in, am I the only one who doesn't think Geno is a very interesting character? Sure, he was cool for the time he was in Mario RPG, but I seriously don't think he was cool/interesting enough to go much further than that. I'm just confused as to why of all characters in Nintendo's history, Geno is the one they want most. :X

Posted by Zeta

He's a giant wooden doll that shoots **** from his fingers, wrist, and elbow. And then he has that badass cap and cloak.

Posted by Ant

I would have enjoyed having him in. Probably more so than ROB. oh well.

Posted by maian

I'm not saying he'd be a bad character, I just wonder why he gets SO much attention and memory from fans. I'm saying that for who he is, he really has a MASSIVE fanbase.

Wouldn't say massive. Just large for such a minor character. And I have a feeling that's why he's so popular, because he's fairly obscure while being popular enough to get a decent fanbase.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

He's not all that great, just a victim of nerd cult popularity. Kinda like the Portal memes. Now, Captain Falcon - there's a guy who deserves his fandom.

Not really...

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

What about Kirby? Kirby's pretty ****ing awesome.

heck yeah kirby

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Goes on a rampage across Dreamland because someone stole his cake? Pretty ****ing awesome.

Posted by maian

idk mario did the same

But yes, I think if somebody doesn't like Kirby, they must not have a soul. It's not possible to not like Kirby and have a soul.

Mario did it for a kiss and a woman. That's understandable. Kirby? He just ****ing wants cake. Brutal.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

When was the last time Mario defeated Bowser AND Ganon? AT THE SAME TIME?

WITH A ****ING TINY STAR