ITT: We never came to VGC

Posted by Arcadios

What position would you think you'd be in if you never came to VGC?

I'd probably have no use for the internet as a whole with the exception of school work.

Posted by Omni

I'd probably have found somewhere else to waste my time on the internet.

Posted by Iris

I wouldn't be surprised if I were in the same position on a different board.

Posted by Zeta

I'd probably have a life.

Posted by Xero

I'd be spending more time on another forum. Otherwise, school work and Last.fm.

Posted by mis0

I'd certainly have turned to black tar heroin to sooth my troubled teenage mind. VGC IS MY ANTI DRUG, and I AM COMPLETELY ONE HUNDRED AND ONE POINT TWOSEVENFIVENINENINEEIGHTSIX PERCENT A-OKAY GUYS!!!!

Posted by Roger Smith

You'd probably would've ended up having sex with cars or something had VGC not intervened mis0.

Posted by cool gamer dad

I'd have a few different XBL buddies, and I probably wouldn't be posting on another board.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I'm with cats on this one. I wouldn't be on another board since all of them take **** too seriously. And I wouldn't have anyone to play Halo with and Rainbow Six wouldn't've been half as awesome as it was.

Oh, and I wouldn't know Queen so I wouldn't have an awesome source of music. Which would suck.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire:
Oh, and I wouldn't know Queen so I wouldn't have an awesome source of music. Which would suck.

That statement made me realize that my music tastes would probably still be sucky if it wasn't for some members here like Corrupt, Vampiro, Queen and Slade.

Corrupt for Venetian snares, U-ziq, Amon Tobin and Sabrepulse mostly. And all the albums and songs he sent me.

Vampiro for Darkthrone.

Queen for Peste Noire and a couple of downloads.

And Slade for that I:Cube album.

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Posted by Fate

I'd have a different boyfriend. :crying:

also, in b4 a clever member decides to say "CIRCLEJERK CIRCLEJERK. WAY TO RUIN ANOTHER GOOD THREAD"

Posted by Ant

I would be exactly the same.
My typing wouldn't have progressed as much.
Oddly enough, I'd be playing more video games.

That's it really.

Posted by Fate

Relationships are for fags. Who still dates on the internet?

Posted by Omni

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Oh, and I wouldn't know Queen so I wouldn't have an awesome source of music. Which would suck.

I forgot. I probably wouldn't listen to a lot of the things I like nowadays because I wouldn't have met you and Gar.

Posted by Ant

CIRCLE JERK

Posted by The Judge

Same crap, different forum.

Posted by s0ul

Probably wouldn't be as well spoken. Also there have been a lot of little instances I can't remember anymore that have taught me at random points in what ways I was still an idiot, but it's kinda hard to tell in retrospect what they were. But times here have influenced my development as a person. in b4 lol internet, **** you guys it's true. Music too, I guess.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I'd have a lot less posts on www.vgchat.com's message board

Posted by Slade

My life minus VGC equals less humor, less good music (and different music tastes), and fewer people to IM. And I'd probably still have XBL, and would spend more time playing games.

I'd most likely eventually find a forum that I liked, but that's hard to imagine because when I look at them now I can't see past the suck. VGC has been one of the many things that has helped me figure out what I like and what I don't like. When I first joined, it was one of the few places I could voice the opinions that were unpopular or forbidden where I lived. Also, lots of stuff I read here was totally new to me, so I learned a lot.

Posted by The Judge

I'd give a detailed response because this site has changed me a lot, but because that's what I used to do when I first joined, I now don't have the will or drive to.

Maybe sometime when I'm bored.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I'd suck at writing, I wouldn't be posting on another forum, and I imagine my tastes in vidya would be different. I'd also be pretty bored.

Posted by fates warning

id listen to crapy music, thats about it.

Posted by Stalolin

I'd be a master at Counter-Strike out of boredom.

PROBABLY WITH SPONSORS OR SOMETHING GETTING PAYED LOADS OF MONEY YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Without VGC? Well.... I probably would still be kicking it back at this other website, called gametalk, and I probably would be listening to crappy music as well, seeing as about 85 % of what I listen to nowadays has been suggested to me by someone at VGC. This, and, I probably would be a much more talkative person, since a good deal of my free time is spent on VGC, or another forum I found advertised on VGC.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Wouldn't have discovered some AWESOME bands if it weren't for Gar and Cody. Probably wouldn't have an xbawks yet, either. Also wouldn't have found a couple great friends.

Posted by Linko_16

I'd probably still be in the ZeldaPower chatrooms pretending I hadn't grown up.

Posted by WillisGreeny

Life without this forum? There's a lot of things I prolly wouldn't know:

Learning Japanese isn't cool.
People's sex changes time to time.
Xbawks rocks.
Xbawks sucks.
Music called Black Metal.
Canadians playing videogames, and liking Alien vs Pred.
Scottland in Britain.
Some phone numbers.

lots of stuff...

Posted by Arcadios

OH yea, I wouldn't know the existence of a little website called 4chan which would mean I'd be watching ****ty dubs and right now I would think that Death Note dub is absolutely the ****.

lol

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting WillisGreeny: Scottland in Britain.

I think you mean Switzerland.

Quoted post: and I imagine my tastes in vidya would be different.

... Man, I can't even imagine an X who doesn't like Shootan Gaemz. Creepy

Posted by Ant

so happy and free...

[quote=willisgreeny]Learning Japanese isn't cool. that made me lol

Posted by NeXidala

Lol even though I haven't been here in a long time......

I did notice lasting effects after leaving.

- When in other places on the internet I no longer type

LiKe THiS (CuZ Omg UbEr GayNeSS).

- I would probably have never started watching anime or reading manga.

- I wouldn't own an amazing pair of shoes. (Arc) :]

- I wouldn't enjoy video games as much as I do now.

- I wouldn't have knowledge of the whole "nooblet ftw" type talk.

- Before leaving I was here for a good amount of time about 10 or 11 months, and I think without VGC I wouldn't have developed into the person I am now. Hah. :]

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

So.....

None of us had lives, to begin with!

Posted by Omni

lol

Posted by Shade

No Love Hina.

Also, Sabre never would've never introduced me to Dream Theater, which is what got me into music in general. Soooo, I'd be listening to 3 Doors Down constantly.

...wow.

WAY TO MAKE MY POST POINTLESS, YOU COW

Posted by ExoXile

Never would've had the gal of my dreams.

So tankz VGC. ^_______________________________^

Also, the people at VGC are intresting.
For better or for worse.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

[quote=ExoXile;774415]Never would've had the gal of my dreams.

Wait, who?

Posted by ExoXile

Cro..

Can't believe you didn't know.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Who the hell is Cro?!

Posted by ExoXile

Cronoan.

You really didn't know? O_o'

Posted by Corrupt

Well, X has this incredible ability to miss out on VGC events (important or not) due to his extended hiatuses. So no, he most likely had no idea.

And like Judge stated earlier, I won't go into some needlessly long "how VGC has benefited me" post unless I damn well feel like it. And I don't!

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I had no idea. I MISS SO MUCH

Posted by Poco

Quoting Queen: ShadeXH: holy ****
ShadeXH: have you seen this never came to VGC thread?
Omni: Yeah, why?
ShadeXH: My life would have no music.
ShadeXH: At all.
ShadeXH: It would be 3 Doors Down NON STOP
Omni: You'd like 3 Doors Down lol
Omni: That band sucks, by the way
ShadeXH: I sitll like them
ShadeXH: so stfu

yeah but he still likes dream theater which is pretty terrible

if i never came to vgc i would have never liked metal

oh well

Posted by Speedfreak

I'd be single, less intelligent, less capable of forming arguements, less sociable, less healthy, less independant, less confident. If it weren't for VGC I'd be in a much worse place than I am now. That sounds pretty sad and pathetic, but hey, I used to be.

Posted by Xenos

Hmm ... as sad as it is to say, VGC had a fairly profound influence for me. I'd go as far as to say I'd be an entirely different person. My musical interests, in particular, were steered by people from VGC. W-w-without ... VGC I would never listen to Romanian Gypsy music.

While I've joined other forums and found my own place there, this place is still pretty big to me. I'll elaborate more when my pulse isn't relying on coffee.

Posted by MottaTheHutt

I don't think my life would be any different. I'd just be bored a little more often.

Posted by Pit

I'd probably be a decent human being.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

vamp and metalvox and omni, thanks guys with the music, helped me find ways to broaden the horizon, I miss scott ;_;

Helped with some fears and guts, and I made a good friend in the process :D

RIP scooter

miss that guy so hard

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

oh, and shinrawr giving pit music from time to time, I would take it from the computer and go on searching as well, thats like, and indirect thank you I think!

Posted by WillisGreeny

If it wasn't for Xenos, I wouldn't have much motivation to keep composing.

@Xenos: I'm half way there in purchasing new software :D

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Dark Bulb 4.3: oh, and shinrawr giving pit music from time to time, I would take it from the computer and go on searching as well, thats like, and indirect thank you I think!

Also you wouldn't have those stains on your bed.

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

how far into my room did you go :mad:

Posted by s0ul

I went all the way in your room. ;)

Posted by Dark Bulb 4.3

why am I worried :(

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

I think you know.