So, who else has fully beaten ZX Advent?

Posted by CS Ryan

Well, what do you think this topic's about?

Took a while, and was doing other stuff, but I beat Hard Mode with both characters, collected all 24 medals in both, and every ******* Secret Disk in both files. Anyone else?

Posted by Zeta

Beaten Normal a few times with both characters. Haven't bothered with secret disks, gotten all the medals though. Argoyle and Ugoyle's were a *****.

Posted by CS Ryan

Yeah, to think it was a stupid orange that saved me in the last fight. +4HP!

Posted by Phantom75230

Got all the files and medals

personally i think secret model a is a big waste of time to get

and the bronze medal for tesrat was annoying as hell

Posted by Zeta

lol wut? Killing Hedgeshock with Chronoforce was about as easy as it could get.

Posted by CS Ryan

And besides, Model a is actually fun to choose. It gives me the only thing I WISH I had in the Classic series, a wall kick.

'Course, it'd be nice if you still had a charge shot...

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: lol wut? Killing Hedgeshock with Chronoforce was about as easy as it could get.

Hedgeshock is by far the easiest boss I've seen in a Mega Man game for a long time. Not that I mind, it's actually kind of refreshing. Beating her without Megamerging was no problem at all. Besides, she's so cute.

I just beat it for the first time mere hours ago as Grey (I got it at Christmas). I got quite a few medals without really trying too hard, and a large number of secret disks as well. I was going to just go ahead and start a new game to play through as Ashe (normal again, I have no doubt that I could beat expert, but it'd be more frustrating than fun), but I just learned about Model a, so I think I'll get all the medals now rather than wait until my second game. Shouldn't be too hard.

EDIT - Acutally, I've just realized that all the medals I got while fighting the bosses again on the final mission were lost when I got a game over, so I've got a lot more work to do than I thought. Too bad I can't just have them all conveniently place in one location like that.

Posted by Phantom75230

Quoting Zeta: Killing Hedgeshock with Chronoforce was about as easy as it could get.

wait... I thought the bronze medal was killing tesrat with her own rats

Posted by Zeta

That's silver.

Posted by ZOSO

i beat it on easy and normal with both characters. i personally thought the boss was way to easy. and they shouldnt have given you the power to slow down time. i mean, i guess its ok for beginers, but come on, seriously.

i still have to get zero 4 and zx #1. i cant find those anywhere

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting ZOSO: they shouldnt have given you the power to slow down time. i mean, i guess its ok for beginers, but come on, seriously.

I basically went without using it outside of those puzzles in the Waterfalls where it kind of implies that you should be trying it out.

Getting all the medals went far easier and faster than I expected (beating Queenbee without hitting her shell was hard, too easy to make a mistake. Can anyone share a strategy for the next time I go for it?). I didn't know what "Model a" was when I first heard of it, and now that it's been revealed to me, I find it both hilarious and selectively useful. Unfortunately, I saved over my old data without thinking... I wasn't intending to play it anymore, but it was still a bone-headed thing to do.

Posted by Zeta

[quote] Can anyone share a strategy for the next time I go for it?

Use Atlas, and have the buster editor go all the way up and then forward for both shots, then jump and shoot whenever she's lower to the ground.

Or sit around and use Giga Crush constantly. Doesn't damage her hive, but it takes forever.

Posted by CS Ryan

Or do what I did: Use Aeolus's Air Dash, dash up, and use a charge shot/sword slash.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Zeta: Use Atlas, and have the buster editor go all the way up and then forward for both shots, then jump and shoot whenever she's lower to the ground.

Or sit around and use Giga Crush constantly. Doesn't damage her hive, but it takes forever.

Aw, geez, I totally forgot about Fenfir's buster editor. That would've done it easily. Giga Crush would've been a cakewalk, also, had I known that it wouldn't harm the shell.

Quoting CS Ryan: Or do what I did: Use Aeolus's Air Dash, dash up, and use a charge shot/sword slash.

That's what I did, but seeing as I was Grey and had the vertical tornadoes, I had to be the perfect distance away from her in order to get the hit in... too close and the sword slash would hit the hive, too far away and the bottom tornado would. I messed up a lot before finally going a whole fight without screwing up... I actually got her down to one unit of health and transformed into Queenbee to fly up and finish her, just to be safe. Now that I'm playing as Ashe, I could use the same strategy without as much danger.

Speaking of the differences between Ashe and Grey, I love Ashe's Gemini Laser. It actually keeps Model A useful after you gain other transformations. I had no idea that I'd get different abilities from the copied biometal transformation as well... I like Fenfir's bombs more than the flame shot, and I think I'll get more use out of Phantom's "leaf shield" than I did with his giant shuriken. Harpuia's horozontal tornadoes will make that Queenbee fight easier for me, but for all other purposes I think the vertical ones were better. I haven't gotten Leviathan yet, but the Ice Dragon was excellent, so I'll be surprised if something better lies in wait.

Why is it that Ashe and Grey have different voice sets while transformed? Ashe herself has a slightly more annoying voice set in my opinion (I'm sick of hearing "It's Over!" every time I fire a charged shot), but all her transformations have less cool voices as well.

Posted by Zeta

Because she has a vagina?

I didn't really like Ashe's gemini shot, and Grey's giant shuriken was pretty handy against Albert's first form on Survival Road.

Posted by Linko_16

That three-headed dragon? All I needed for that was to wail on him with Fenfir, and then when the heads detached, switch to Harpuia and use Sonic Boom (the arc of the sword swing knocks out the missiles in front of you) until death. Fenfir's always the best choice against bosses that don't become temporarily invulnerable, rapid firing with those guns of his (or hers, in the case of Atlas) does crazy damage. I'll have to try using Phantom's shuriken next time I try it with Grey and see if it's better.

Also, I kind of assumed that the transformation was a full transformation, genitals and all. I guess it would make sense for Model A only to copy the armor pieces of other Mega Man, seeing as new-age reploids like Axl were supposed to copy other robots, but then the voice wouldn't change at all during transformation, and Ashe and Grey would have the same voices when transforming into the Mavericks.

Posted by Minesweeper

I've just been having fun with it so far, so I haven't even tried hard (expert?) mode yet, and only recently (like, as in last weekend) started trying for medals and disks. I only missed three disks one my first trip through, though. =/ Right now I just need Hedgeshock's Silver, and all three for Argoyle and Ugoyle. (I hates them, yes I does.)

For Queenbee's Gold, I used a combination of Queenbee and Model H (when I ran out of weapon energy). ^^;

As for Albert's first form, I just sit in front of it and slash the crap outta it with Model ZX, adding the occasional full-charge buster shot whenever it's ready. =) I was kinda disappointed to learn that was all it took to beat it. At least the second form puts up a bit better of a fight. =/

So uh... no, I haven't completely beaten ZX:A yet. =^^=

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Minesweeper: and all three for Argoyle and Ugoyle. (I hates them, yes I does.)

They're not as hard as they seem at first, in my opinion. You've just got to know the tricks.

Posted by Zeta

Yeah, first few times I fought them I was like "JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON!?" and lost most of my health. Now I take minimal damage.

Posted by Phantasm

I haven't beat the game completely.
But I finished it with both characters in normal.

Posted by Linko_16

Ha ha, oh man, Vent got GAY.

Still playing through with Ashe, as you can tell.

Posted by Stalolin

so I take it this game is ****ING AWESOME and I should go find my GameStop giftcard?

Posted by Linko_16

Yes, but play the first one if you haven't already.

Posted by Stalolin

lawl, I have Model O for both character on the first one.

Posted by Ashen

I need to get the first one. I saw it one time in GameStop, but decided it might be better to get Advent, since it's "a little more refined." At least, that's what I thought. It's really my first serious platformer, though, other than playing Super Metroid. And it's definitely a switch. Like getting used to not being able to shoot up and having a limited amount of health that's REALLY small. As well as dying by hitting just about anything. D:

I beat both stories in Easy mode, though. Still working on Grey's on Normal. I'm stuck on the spider mid-boss in the Tower of Verdure. I actually made it past there and beat Rosespark ONCE, with one life and one bar of health left. ... then I royally screwed up and jumped instead of attacking the next pole and hit the spikes. Yeah, REALLY stupid... =_=

Posted by Stalolin

REVIVING TOPIC BECAUSE CHRONOFORCE IS AWESOME

And yeah, just got the game. It'll be beaten by tonight, but from the discussion that's taken place here I'm sure I've still got hours left on it.

Posted by Zeta

"Time's up..."

Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick

Posted by CS Ryan

The weird thing is, I seem to be better at it when he gets faster after using that move.

Posted by Ashen

I'm not doing too bad. Getting a subtank helped me out WAYYY too much. Plus, my Dash button is broken again. THAT REALLY HELPS D: Made it past Legion, at least. Just got to figure out which one to hit next. Floating Ruins with a broken Dash button would be suicide...

Posted by Zeta

Eh, that stage isn't too bad without the dash button. Double-tapping can see you through. :cookie:

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta;822678]Eh, that stage isn't too bad without the dash button. Double-tapping can see you through. :cookie:

DOUBLE-TAPPING IS A CRIME PUNISHABLE BY DEATH

don't even think about doing it

and side note, ashe is way cooler than grey, but grey's abilities seem more useful