Ha ha, Excellent...

Posted by Linko_16

Finally got a Virtual Boy, and at a good price. I've been scouting eBay for a long time and missed quite a few, but someone put one on eBay for $45 dollars "buy it now," which is pretty much what all the other ones were up to once the mad scramble in the last minute was over with, plus the games Tetroboxer and Red Alarm. I'm tingling with excitement from my good fortune. Can't wait to finally try this lost system.

Now I just have to get some good games. I know Wario Land is a must, but that'll be hard, I haven't seen it on eBay very often and I don't want to overpay.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Prepare for seizures and eye strain!

Posted by Linko_16

Oh, I'm counting on it... I'm counting on it.

Posted by palacios25

Since you have Teleroboxer and Red Alarm, I would look forward to getting:

Space Squash (I love this game, and lately there are many copies available relatively cheap at eBay)
Wario Land
Jack Bros.
Galactic Pinball
Nester's Funky Bowling
Vertical Force
Mario Clash

If you're just looking to play them, search for the bare cartridges. They sometimes appear at affordable prices. Enjoy!

Posted by Boner

Quoting The X: Prepare for seizures and eye strain!

It's rumors like that which aided in this system's failure.

Congrats on your new purchase/addiction Linko!

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting palacios25: Since you have Teleroboxer and Red Alarm, I would look forward to getting:

Space Squash (I love this game, and lately there are many copies available relatively cheap at eBay)
Wario Land
Jack Bros.
Galactic Pinball
Nester's Funky Bowling
Vertical Force
Mario Clash

If you're just looking to play them, search for the bare cartridges. They sometimes appear at affordable prices. Enjoy!

Yeah, I intend to keep an eye out for all of these. Can't wait to get my hands on some of 'em.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

wario land.
and jack bros.
are the best games for the vb.

Posted by Linko_16

Just got Mario Tennis for the low, low price of five bucks. Shipping only three bucks. I know it's not supposed to be the greatest VB game, but I want to try as many VB games as I can reasonably get my hands on, and the price was right.

Still on the lookout for those must-haves.

Posted by Linko_16

It came today. Tetroboxer is eh, Red Alarm is awesome.

EDIT - huh, I just realized I've been calling "Teleroboxer" by the wrong name this whole time.

Posted by TimeSkipz

I rather enjoyed Vertical Force. Wario Land was also a great game, most likely the best for the console.

Posted by Borealis

Quoting Linko_16: EDIT - huh, I just realized I've been calling "Teleroboxer" by the wrong name this whole time.

It does sound alot better as Tetro, though.

How are your eyes taking this all?

Posted by Linko_16

No strain so far.

Posted by akumie

Galactic Pinball is very fun but for me so far Panic Bomber is the most adictive and I still can`t beat he last bose on hard grrrr

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

man, tetro sounds like a disease.

Posted by Linko_16

Finally got Mario Tennis. Took a long time to ship for some reason.

Surprisingly fun! Kinda hard to tell how close the ball is, though.

Posted by Linko_16

After a painfully long shipping period, I got Wario Land today (and for only $8.50!). I wanted to ask a question, however...

Since I'm both tall and I have back problems, the issue for me with the Virtual Boy isn't eye strain, it's having to stoop over to see into it. I even stacked a bunch of magazines, and I still have to lean forward slightly to see it just right, which puts a crick in my upper spine after a half-hour or so. This leads me to the question: I may have joked about it before, but is it heard of to build headgear for your Virtual Boy, latching it comfortably in front of your eyes? Has anyone ever written instructions on how to go about building such headgear? I could try something myself with an old helmet I know I've got, but instructions would make things clearer.

Posted by lameboyadvance

Over the years people have done stuff like strip the VB guts from their case and make it into a (shoddy-looking) headmount, modify their VB to use a swinging lamp base, and some other things I can't remember.

There is no 'official' mod, just whatever you can come up with to make it more comfortable.

EDIT: Found [url=http://www.virtual-boy.org/comfort.htm]this[/url] bunch of links to the various mods over the years.

Posted by Linko_16

Those are some really inventive ideas, but I solved the problem myself not long ago. Basically, I just lay back in my easy chair and let all those stacked magazines slope across my stomach, then I let the VB stand lean against me as well, adjusting the VB itself so I'm looking right into it. I probably look ****ing ridiculous, but zero back/neck strain. Keeping still for so long makes me feel jittery, though! I never realized how often I casually readjust my position.

Posted by Playend09

This is an excellent post . I wonder why it has been read 300 times..Impossible....I need to bring this out to the front page...I saved it to my favourites....

Now at least being a hafiz is slightly easier..InshAllah