Save A Life

Posted by Heatblast

If you are on this chat room, you probably enjoy playing video games like myself. Yet how many times do you get tired of people telling you that you are wasting your time and not accomplishing anything of real value? I hear that a lot, but it does not have to be true. We can play video games and not only do good, but save a life.

There is a website known as Project Erin. Just go to google and type in Project Erin. Erin is a young girl who is dying. If you download a short non-virus thing once a day (or whenever) from this website, you can save her life by helping her get the money she needs for a very expensive surgery. Just go there for more details.

Short and simple here is the truth: If you click on one thing each day, you can save a life. We save video game characters' lives all of the time. Now, how about we save a real life?

If someone could sticky this, what a blessing that would be and what a difference that would make! *** bless you all.

Posted by Linko_16

Almost didn't find it on the Google search, but here it is:

http://www.projecterin.com/

The part of me that doesn't trust the internet as far as I can throw it thinks this a scam, but the humanitarian in me says that even if some fag just gets lots of money for nothing, ignoring this isn't worth the chance that there might be somebody dying who I could've helped. So I guess I'll check in now and then.

Besides, even if it's a scam, it's not a bad trick. Doesn't even ask for any money, like SaveToby does.

Posted by Roger Smith

Megaupload should just give the chick the 10,000. It's not like they NEED it.

Posted by Kendra, Warrior Babe

Well, I went to post this on the two other websites I frequent, but I sort of got flamed. "How do we know its not a virus/scam/pod-people?!" Is what I got, so I'm just going to send them all chain mail. :)

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

This is what happens when your country doesn't have a National Health Service! I'm inclined to think it's a scam anyway. The site doesn't have any pictures or anything.

Posted by Heatblast

Thank you to all of you who have took part in this. I honestly do not think it is a scam. I have actually spoken with Erin through e-mails. She is either truly sick or the best liar I have ever spoken to. The nice thing about this whole project though is that it does not cost you anything other than one click a day to help her out.

Anyway, thanks again! Let's keep up the great work!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

oh okay FINE

Posted by Slade

Only one click a day??! This is exactly the kind of humanitarian act I've been looking for!!!

ahh... I can feel all my guilt and conviction melting away...

Posted by Degeneration

Welp, there's my good deed for the week. I avoid being struck by lightning once again. gawd = owned.

Now, if you'll excuse me...

Posted by mis0

I dunno about this. I did a quick WHOIS, and almost all of the fields are just put as "NA".

You'd figure if her parents/she regestered it, they'd at least put their names in or something, to make it look legitimate to anyone who might look. The only thing there is a gmail address. This is what it sez:

[code]>whois projecterin.com

[Querying whois.internic.net]
[Redirected to whois.tucows.com]
[Querying whois.tucows.com]
[whois.tucows.com]
Registrant:
NA
NA
NA, NA NA
US

Domain Name: PROJECTERIN.COM

Administrative Contact:
NA, Erin, redscorner@gmail.com
NA
NA, NA NA
US
+1.4065551212[/code]

Maybe they want to keep their family affairs private, but, I have my doubts. This doesn't seem legit. Apparently there are no pictures on the site? I mean, if you're appealing to people for their help, wouldn't you want to show them photos of a loving family and their sick loved one?

Posted by Roger Smith

Well, if there's no viruses/and or spyware involved, then I don't really see a problem with clicking a button.

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Social Darwinism

Posted by wookie

I feel good because I know for a fact that I am keeping someone alive.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Roger Smith: Well, if there's no viruses/and or spyware involved, then I don't really see a problem with clicking a button.

You're a pawn in a scam, perhaps? That doesn't bother you?

Like I said, I'm not sure. If you believe you're helping someone, then do continue to do so. I just don't see any evidence that this Erin exists, really.

Posted by Roger Smith

Quoting mis0: You're a pawn in a scam, perhaps? That doesn't bother you?

It would bother me if I had in fact, clicked the button. I haven't yet though.

Touche' my dear mis0 :cool:

Posted by Fate

I wonder how many other needy people are doing this. :cookie:

Posted by Kodachi

There are definitely more scam artists that know about megaupload than there are concerned parents with sick children.

Posted by Fate

Not to mention all the time wasted trying to get money that isn't necessarily guaranteed (by competition or lack of contract, etc.) instead getting a lawyer for disability/sickness stuff...

Posted by Heatblast

Thank you to everyone who is clicking to help Erin out. Look, I cannot guarantee you 100% that this is not a scam, but as I said earlier, I have spoken via e-mail with Erin and she seems genuine. Now, she could be a con artist, granted. But I sincerely do not think so. If you have any doubts, why not e-mail her yourself? Her e-mail is on the website.

I guess my point is that while you cannot know 100% that she is truly sick, you also cannot know 100% that she is a scam artist. So, in a world full of cynicism, why not do something amazing and give Erin the benefit of the doubt here? Have faith she is telling the truth and make one simple click a day that costs you nothing at all.

Once again, thanks to everyone who has taken part in this. May the Lord Bless you all

Posted by Kodachi

In a world full on cynicism, why not do something that proves it's not a scam in the first place?

Posted by CrystalPain

Quoting Degeneration: Welp, there's my good deed for the week. I avoid being struck by lightning once again. gawd = owned.

Now, if you'll excuse me...

lol You still have a long way to go!
i sense thunder

Posted by Heatblast

It is not within my power to prove it is not a scam. I can only give the benefit of the doubt to a possibly-dying girl, click one quick thing a day, and maybe save a life.

Posted by CrystalPain

Well whats the worst thing that can happen to me if it is a scam?
I think theres more good to it then bad soo what the heck here i go

Posted by Dr. Rockso

Quoting Heatblast: It is not within my power to prove it is not a scam. I can only give the benefit of the doubt to a possibly-dying girl, click one quick thing a day, and maybe save a life.

one click a day can take you identity away

Posted by Heatblast

Quoting CrystalPain: Well whats the worst thing that can happen to me if it is a scam?
I think theres more good to it then bad soo what the heck here i go

I couldn't have said it better myself, CrystalPain. Thank you. Project Erin is an opportunity to help someone in need without any cost but a click a day to ourselves. I think we can find time for that, regardless of any doubts as to its legitimacy.

Posted by Omni

I think it's a scam. No, thanks. :)

Posted by Heatblast

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but what if it is not true? Have you actually been to the site, e-mailed Erin, and formulated an honest opinion? Or are you just blindly guessing?

I have spoken to Erin. I honestly do not feel that ProjectErin is a scam. I have checked it out pretty thoroughly. If I can save a life by one click a day, then I will certainly do that. If I am wrong and the whole thing is a hoax, then I lose nothing. But if I am right and a life is saved, then I will be honored to be a part of that.

Sometimes you just have to cast those little petty doubts away and have faith in people. If you cannot do that, then you are doomed to a life dominated by doubt and despair. Thank you to all of you who have clicked daily. It means a lot

Posted by Omni

You're not going to change my opinion. You're just restating what you already said in this thread, except directing it at me this time. If it turns out to be real, I'll get over it when I donate to the Salvation Army around Christmas time.

Posted by Heatblast

Hey, thanks so much to everyone who is taking the time to help Erin out. It may not seem like much can be accomplished by one click a day, but I believe that the impossible can become possible with faith and a lot of people working together for a common goal.

I know this whole Project Erin thing can sound a little cheesy at times, but just think about something. If you were in Erin's place and your life depended on the results of this project, it certainly would be very important to you indeed. Thanks to everyone who is clicking daily. You are making a difference and I believe that one day you will know just how much of a difference you made.

*** bless you all

Oh, yeah, if you want to know how to get to the Project Erin website, you can either go to page 1, second post, of this topic for a link to it, or you can just google it.