Virtual Boy makes appearance in new Simpson's game.

Posted by Boner

I picked up my copy of the new Simpson's game for the Wii yesterday. I spotted a picture of a Virtual Boy in the first cutscene with Bart. He was in the video game store to pick up his copy of Grand Theft Scratchy. There is a poster of the VB on the front of the counter that says "Have You Seen Me?" I thought it was interesting enough to post about. I didn't even notice it until my second time through it. It's nice to see Nintendo still has a sense of humor about the VB (that, or they just really enjoy taunting the VB fanboys). I wonder if the VB's appearance is exclusive to the Wii version only. Can anyone else confirm or deny this?

-Boner (a.k.a. Opeth)

Posted by akumie

* In 2001, the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros. Melee had a Virtual Boy in the Trophy Collection Room on a shelf. Due to its failure, however, Nintendo of America decided that it was best not to display that particular system and it is removed from localized versions.
* In the Wii game Super Paper Mario, a Virtual Boy can be seen on the shelf of one of the rooms of Fort Francis.
* A Virtual Boy is seen strapped to the head of a hotel desk aide in the Julia Roberts blockbuster Runaway Bride. The sound indicates that he is playing Mario Tennis.

* In an X-Play episode, "The 10 Scariest Games of All Time", the villain named Memory Card tortures Attack of the Show host Kevin Pereira using a Virtual Boy to parody the "Reverse Beartrap" scene from Saw. The police comment they found the victim with his eyes burned out, mocking the Virtual Boy's tendency to cause eye strain.

* In the Nintendo Wii game WarioWare: Smooth Moves, one of the minigames, requires you to sift sand away revealing on level 1 a pack of Nintendo Cards, on level 2 a Game Boy and finally on level 3 a Virtual Boy.

* In the online Comic, "Acorn Grove," A character's torture chamber, in addition to whips, batteries with jumper cables, and ball gags, a Virtual Boy is visible in the corner.

* In The Simpsons Game, when Bart purchases a Grand Theft Scratchy copy, you can see a picture of the Virtual Boy near on the side of the counter.

Posted by akumie

So yes, I guess it`s unik to wii simpson game