What happened to Arcade Games??

Posted by TimeSkipz

For quite some time now I have noticed the only places to play arcade games is a specialty place such as Chucky Cheeses and the movie theater. Around 5-6 years ago I seen arcade games everywhere I went. What happened to them??

Posted by Xero

I know many places aside movie theatres to play arcade games. It isn't a problem for me.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

It's only Winnipeg. There's nothing here.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Blame the fact that home consoles can easily rival the technology of arcade cabinets and blame the internet. I know the US still has a bunch, and Canada has a handful, but nothing that compares to other countries like Japan.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Rddflag: For quite some time now I have noticed the only places to play arcade games is a specialty place such as Chucky Cheeses and the movie theater. Around 5-6 years ago I seen arcade games everywhere I went. What happened to them??

There are a lot coming out to this day! It's called Xbox Live Arcade.

Posted by iluvgirlswithglasses

Whenever I hear these stories it just really makes me glad I live in a backwater 3rd world country, where there isn't one mall without at least 2 arcades.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

My arcade's still going strong. In the future I may have to start ordering the more popular arcade games from Japan, but for right now I'm holding my own with American-released games. Tekken 6 might have to be my first import purchase unless Namco decides to bring its arcade iteration state-side. We'll see. Check out my website in my signature, and come visit the place if you ever get the chance.

Posted by Last Fog

Aside from boardwalks, there's no arcades where I live. They've disappeared. :'(

Posted by Echo

The closest thing to old-school arcades around here is Dave & Busters and Jillians. I really wish there were more around, though.

Posted by TimeSkipz

[quote=Angelwing;769177]It's only Winnipeg. There's nothing here.

Theres quite a bit here in Winnipeg, just I live in the area with bars and nightclubs :(

There's only bars, nightclubs and the movies for fun (also the zoo and Fort Whyte!). Can't believe Darkzone shut down. :(

Posted by TimeSkipz

Wow that was so long ago Darkzone closed. I hate all those mall rats that just hang out at the mall, I never was one myself. I went to T.O during the summer and they had 4-5 arcade places.

I guess they hang out at the mall because there's not much else to do. Personally, I stayed home and played vidya games, watched a ****ton of movies at Cinema City, or biked to IDC from Grande Pointe. I also used to take archery lessons with a friend, which was pretty fun.

Darkzone as in laser tag? If so, saddest day in St. Catharines history...

Yeah. fukken Darkzone. How could it do this to us.

Man, that place was so awesome. RIP Darkzone. You left us too soon.

Posted by Kit

Nearest one to me is a long train journey away so I never bother with it.